Poly room service for DVC?

Gondorr

Earning My Ears
Have a quick question about room service for DVC rooms. This November will be our first stay as DVC members and was wondering how they do this. There are 5 of us and was wondering about linens, trash and things etc.
Have been seeing different stories about this. So figured this would be the place to ask for sure. :)

You will get trash pickup and a room inspection daily.

For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. This includes new towels, replenishment of toiletries and coffee. It doesn't include a full housekeeping service, like the beds getting made or anything.

For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12.

Otherwise, you are expected to re-use your towels in between services. You usually start with two packets of coffee - one good, one bloody worthless decaf. You need to bring your own coffee if you do that kind of thing.

You will get trash pickup and a room inspection daily.

For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. This includes new towels, replenishment of toiletries and coffee. It doesn't include a full housekeeping service, like the beds getting made or anything.

For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12.

Otherwise, you are expected to re-use your towels in between services. You usually start with two packets of coffee - one good, one bloody worthless decaf. You need to bring your own coffee if you do that kind of thing.

What about wash cloths.
I hope they are everyday. That would be quite unsanitary and nasty.

What about wash cloths.

You get new towels during trash and towel or full cleaning days. If you want to get new towel daily, it's an additional service you can pay for:

Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested

Personally, I do not change towels daily at home and I've not suffered from any infection due to that.

You get new towels during trash and towel or full cleaning days. If you want to get new towel daily, it's an additional service you can pay for:

Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested

Personally, I do not change towels daily at home and I've not suffered from any infection due to that.

We are talking 2 different things. There are towels that you dry off with. And then there are wash cloths to clean yourself. I don’t use towels everyday at home either. But I don’t use a dirty wash rag to try and clean myself. Kind of defeats the purpose don’t you think

What about wash cloths.
No. They are not replaced daily. Bring extras with you if you want a fresh one each day. When I go to Europe, I buy cheap washcloths and leave them behind in the hotels. Many smaller EU hotels do not provide washcloths.

Last edited:
We are talking 2 different things. There are towels that you dry off with. And then there are wash cloths to clean yourself. I don’t use towels everyday at home either. But I don’t use a dirty wash rag to try and clean myself. Kind of defeats the purpose don’t you think
Towel service includes washcloths. You misunderstood the PP.

Towel service includes washcloths. You misunderstood the PP.
But even the face cloths (aka wash cloths) are not replaced daily. I believe that is his/her concern.

Gondor, If you want a fresh wash cloth each day, you'll need to pay for daily towel service, bring your own, or launder them yourself each day.

Thank you.
But that is really disgusting. Especially for washcloths. Towels not big deal but washcloths. Aghhhhh.

Thank you.
But that is really disgusting. Especially for washcloths. Towels not big deal but washcloths. Aghhhhh.
DVC is a timeshare. This is how it works so that costs are kept down for all members. Since you are uncomfortable with reusing washcloths, you now know what your options are and can plan accordingly.

I guess I'm just a disgusting person because I have no issues with reusing a washcloth that has been soaped up and well rinsed for a few times.

But even the face cloths (aka wash cloths) are not replaced daily. I believe that is his/her concern.

Gondor, If you want a fresh wash cloth each day, you'll need to pay for daily towel service, bring your own, or launder them yourself each day.

Thanks all.
Looks like a trip to the dollar store for wash rags before we head down. LOL

What about wash cloths.

No. They are not replaced daily. Bring extras with you if you want a fresh one each day. When I go to Europe, I buy cheap washcloths and leave them behind in the hotels. Many smaller EU hotels do not provide washcloths.

We bring extra wash cloths with a design or different color to make sure we don't donate them to the resort. But most of the time if we are doing a load of laundry we will wash the resort's dirty wash cloths.

I don't wash myself with the washcloths so I guess I don't see what the problem is. I use it in the morning to dry my face after I've washed it. But when my friends and I are at DVC, we distinguish the towels by putting a pin (trading pin) on them. If we want them cleaner, we take to the laundry room and wash them (we stay in studios).

It's not disgusting to reuse a washcloth. It's wasteful to use a fresh washcloth each day.

How did humans even manage to survive millions of years ago without any washcloths at all??!!

Hmm I have always just lathered up my hands with body soap and used them to bath, and used wash cloths to dry my face in the morning guess I am really nasty...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter