Poly vs. Beach club with new discount

ddpatrick13

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 3-DH, DD-10, and myself. We are going July 8-16. We have been to Disney multiple times. We have stayed at the poly 3x but have never stayed at the Beach club. The Poly is our favorite resort.
I called this morning to apply the discount to our Poly villa reservation but it is not available for our dates. The Beach club is available though and would be $400 cheaper. Now I don't know what to do! This stay we want a more relaxing vacation and will be relaxing at the resort most evenings and having a nice meal either in the parks or different resorts. What would you guys do?

Hmm - evenings for relaxing/spending at resort.

We've stayed at Beach Club a few times. To be honest, we found it quite boring in the evening, not much to do, almost a ghost town after 9. The Boardwalk is fine for a couple of hours one evening, but not much more than that. We are staying at the Polynesian this next trip. It seems to be a bit livelier at night. Good restaurants, good lounges, the water parade, etc. But perhaps you like the pool at night, then Beach Club may be the winner. Although you can see MK fireworks from the Polynesian pool...

Now if you are going to go to Epcot each night for dinner, then that's a different story, stay at Beach Club. Otherwise, you'll have more dining choices at Polynesian and all Magic Kingdom hotels.

Whatever you decide, they are both great choices!

We are a family of 3-DH, DD-10, and myself. We are going July 8-16. We have been to Disney multiple times. We have stayed at the poly 3x but have never stayed at the Beach club. The Poly is our favorite resort.
I called this morning to apply the discount to our Poly villa reservation but it is not available for our dates. The Beach club is available though and would be $400 cheaper. Now I don't know what to do! This stay we want a more relaxing vacation and will be relaxing at the resort most evenings and having a nice meal either in the parks or different resorts. What would you guys do?

We've stayed at both and while the BC is a nice resort, the Poly is our favorite of the two. We find the Poly atmosphere, pool, etc more relaxing than the BC. We also prefer the MK area over the Epcot area. With that said, we do enjoy trying different resorts, so if the BC is a resort that appeals to you, it might be worth a try. Good luck!

If you haven't stayed in the Epcot area, the BC would be a lovely choice. It is very different staying here. As I am sure you are aware, Stormalong Bay is amazing and would be great for your DD10. The Boardwalk area has buskers in the evenings, some of which are incredible and all of which we have enjoyed watching. The rooms at the BC are smaller than at the Poly, but perfectly fine for a family of three (we were comfortable when going there with a family of four, two teenagers plus DH and me. There is a chance that you will not get a full balcony, but you can request one, and even if you don't, the juliet balconies are cute and the benefits of a stay here offset that issue, IMO.

A stay at the BC in any view room is so convenient to Epcot! We routinely requested a room near the International gateway. We loved the feeling that we were staying in World Showcase! you are literally right next door! We would listen to the music from the band playing in the UK from our room/balcony.
It was only 5 minutes from being in our room to in Epcot!

If you stay here, you might want PH tickets so that you can use WS as your source of resort dining! So many options for quick service or TS dining with WS 5 minutes from your room!

We enjoyed the surrey bikes, the special boat to watch Illuminations (do they still do this, I wonder?), walking around the Epcot resorts, Beaches n Cream for Ice cream, boat to DHS (or walk), walking 'home' after Illuminatons and even just the friendly atmosphere of the resort.

Yes, the Poly is special, and it is first in my heart at WDW (along with the GF and CR), but the BC is another favourite. In the Epcot area, it was the first choice to stay in for us. WE love staying there. I think that your family will love it as well!!!

Enjoy!

I would go with the BC and give it a try. We did a Poly/BC split and my kids LOVED the BC. It's their favorite resort now. They were 15 and 9 and wouldn't get out of the pool. The walk to Epcot is amazing.

Don't get me wrong. We loved the Poly too but I would give BC a try.

Beach Club if you are spending more time at the resort/dining. We've stayed at both (well, Yacht Club) and prefer the Epcot area resorts. Can walk to Epcot in 5 minutes, walk to DHS, walk to Boardwalk. Pool is much nicer at Beach Club (really not even close) and there just seems to be more to do. I also like that there are multiple dining options within walking distance (including all of Epcot if you have park hoppers and the Swan/Dolphin restaurants).

Poly is by far my favorite resort as well. Have done YC as well, and under your circumstances I would make the change.

It's pretty tough to beat the transportation options at the Poly. Also, one of our most relaxing things to do is grab a Dole Whip and sit at the beach, especially in the evenings when the sun goes down.
Unless the pool is your most important thing for your trip, or you will be spending a lot of time at Epcot, I'd keep the Poly.

We love the Poly! I would take the discount and change to the BC. We really like the EPCOT area at night, you can stroll on over to the BW and watch the entertainment. SAB is the best pool on property, so much fun.

Being able to walk to EPCOT in 5min is fantastic and walking to DS is a great benefit. There are lots of food options with in walking distance.

We've stayed at Poly and YC and are staying at Beach this trip. We just love the convenience to Epcot, and the pool is awesome!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I played around with both the Beach club and Poly discount today and decided on a split stay. If we do 4 nights at each resort the discount could be applied to each stay. it ended up saving about $1000 to do it that way. Now we get the best of both resorts plus save some money. Really looking forward to trying the Beach club and save some money in the process.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I played around with both the Beach club and Poly discount today and decided on a split stay. If we do 4 nights at each resort the discount could be applied to each stay. it ended up saving about $1000 to do it that way. Now we get the best of both resorts plus save some money. Really looking forward to trying the Beach club and save some money in the process.

BC and Poly are my 2 faves. Staying at both while saving so much money is a win in my books!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter