Poly Waitlist Question

fredgrau

Earning My Ears
With the prices going up on 1/17, I decided to bite the bullet today and get a 30 point direct add-on for Poly (August Use Year). When I called, they told me that August was sold out and put me on a wait list.

How long does it normally take to waitlist for Poly? I'm hoping to complete this before 1/17 for obvious reasons.

It depends on when they ROFR or foreclose an August UY contract. Hard to predict.

I'd assume it will be after the price goes up, though.

I'm hoping to do a small add-on for October UY after I close... just waiting for the sellers to return their documents, and then for Disney to get our deed. I'm not sure if I can reach out to check availability until after I have a member number.

Dumb question. If you've bought direct in the past and want to add on at same resort, direct, in same use year, but property is "sold out", how hard is that? Do you have to do the same wait list process?

Dumb question. If you've bought direct in the past and want to add on at same resort, direct, in same use year, but property is "sold out", how hard is that? Do you have to do the same wait list process?
Yes. They may not have the points to sell.

In my case, I bought resale and want to add 30 points direct.

With the prices going up on 1/17, I decided to bite the bullet today and get a 30 point direct add-on for Poly (August Use Year). When I called, they told me that August was sold out and put me on a wait list.

How long does it normally take to waitlist for Poly? I'm hoping to complete this before 1/17 for obvious reasons.

They have a LONG waitlist for August. For me, it wasn’t even worth being put on, unless I want to pay $220.

As far as the waitlist goes, direct vs. resale likely doesn't matter much, although if you have one of the more active guides they may try to get some ROFR if appropriate contracts come up.

It's a good bet none of the units currently selling for the first time were declared as August, so they need to foreclose on or ROFR August points to have some to sell. Once declared, points can't change UY.

Looking at 3 different resale sites, of all the Poly listings, I saw only one for August.

I called to add on 50 pts 3 weeks ago for August and got put on the waitlist. Was informed points were available 4 days later. But that was just for accounting to make sure they had the 50 points as it was very close to sold out. A few weeks later now and it might be truly sold out.

I just put myself on the waitlist for Poly, Sept UY and it is sold out. BUT my guide said he can get the points.......:rolleyes1

Thanks for the help! Makes sense.

More December UY points went out the window today!

Undecided- was on the waitlist for OKW, SSR, AKV, BWV and Poly for June UY. It took just about 6 days and I got called yesterday for 25 BWV points. Trying to decide if we want to hold out for OKW or AKV even with the increase they would still be $151 per point vs. $165. It's not a huge price difference and 25 pts will not getting us any booking advantage so jump on direct, keep looking for resale, or wait for another direct at OKW.

FYI, I got a 25 point direct add-on for SSR instead of Poly - same use year. Got it on 1/2, so I was able to get the deal on APs. I'm now "official"!!

I called last week. I have an April BLT contract and am in ROFR on an Aug BCV contract. I wanted 50 Aug Poly points since I was thinking of selling my April BLT contract. The guide I talked to told me it was a risk to wait for the Aug points because the list was decently long. As of the 1st, he said they had 18,000 April points left, so I decided to just go ahead with April rather than risk that selling out too, and ending up with nothing.

Since we cannot see the wait lists some of that may be sales tactic. Hard to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter