Polyday Inn Footprint

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
Can somebody draw on the map where the Polyday Inn will be located?

1655471642259.png

I walked the Poly last month to say farewell & aloha to the Luau Pavilion area & my fave longhouse, Aotearoa. The bldg will still exist but the privacy, peace & gorgeous view straight to the beach & across the lagoon will be gone. Many signs posted prohibited any photography. Sorry.
A woman passing by asked what I was up to & I told her. Turns out when she is now a CM & when she can, she leaves MK after her shift & strolls the Poly. We shared long-ago memories of the Poly in its early & best days.

I don't think the new Poly building is a terrible idea. It will resemble the hotels built in Hawaii recently. (I'd still prefer to stay in the more traditional longhouses.)
But I do think they are too ambitious in cramming it into that space, almost right up to the Wedding Pavilion. And you might be expected to leap from your balcony onto the monorail...it seems that close to me.

Anyway, it was good to visit those memories with someone who also appreciated the magic of the original Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. 🌴🌴🌴🌺🌸🌴🌴🌴

Anyway, it was good to visit those memories with someone who also appreciated the magic of the original Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. 🌴🌴🌴🌺🌸🌴🌴🌴
Good post, nice seeing your thoughts on it. I'm mixed, because I also like the old Poly, but I also want the new building because if I buy in I want more than studios and expensive bungalows.
And you might be expected to leap from your balcony onto the monorail...it seems that close to me.
Haven't you ever been to the Contemporary? 🤣

Good post, nice seeing your thoughts on it. I'm mixed, because I also like the old Poly, but I also want the new building because if I buy in I want more than studios and expensive bungalows.

Haven't you ever been to the Contemporary? 🤣
Ummm....yeah! Just a few times 😁 But I think that was kinda planned that way.

I love that relatively quiet piece of beach. It's one of my favorite fireworks viewing spots, but has some nice swing/benches and is super relaxed. Do we know when construction is starting?

Even with the map, I still can't figure out if the walkway from VGF will be impacted. When I was staying at the VGF, I used to love going over to Captain Cook's to eat. I tried Gasparilla Grill once, they made multiple errors my order, and what a got wasn't that great, but I really enjoyed Captain Cook's. And it was so easy-don't know if it will still be possible after the Poly tower is built. Can anyone else tell?

Even with the map, I still can't figure out if the walkway from VGF will be impacted. When I was staying at the VGF, I used to love going over to Captain Cook's to eat. I tried Gasparilla Grill once, they made multiple errors my order, and what a got wasn't that great, but I really enjoyed Captain Cook's. And it was so easy-don't know if it will still be possible after the Poly tower is built. Can anyone else tell?
To me, it looks like the pathway from VGF to Poly widens as it passes by the lake side of PVB2 and then narrows again as it goes past the PVB2 pool, then continues on to the Fiji and Tuvalu longhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter