Carlylu

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

We are staying at the Polynesian in a DVC studio next month, and I was looking for advice on Room recommendations!

We requested the Tokelau building, but what recommendations do you have for requests within that building? We’d like to be as close to the pools and Great Ceremonial House as possible.

Thank you all :)

We like being on the ground floor at Poly, so we request that. Hardly ever get it though 🙄
Maybe request a pool view, or at the end closest to the Ceremonial House.

When staying standard view we request Tokelau. We like the first floor because it eliminates the elevator or stairs.

Luckily there aren't really bad spots at Polynesian unlike some other resorts so that's nice. For us, we generally ask for a room closer to the main lobby (which means Tokelau for us), but even that only really saves a minute or two.

Tokelau is the most popular recommendation, Pago is the least popular because of the chance of a parking lot view.

I request Tokelau 3rd floor and am 3 for 3. No one making noise above. Elevator is slow.

Tokelau is the most popular recommendation, Pago is the least popular because of the chance of a parking lot view.
I actually wouldn't have minded the parking lot view if I was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, because you can see the monorail, which is nice. But due to the chance--even slim chance--of being 1st floor parking lot view, for a once-in-many-years trip, I decided not to book the Poly at all.

I actually wouldn't have minded the parking lot view if I was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, because you can see the monorail, which is nice. But due to the chance--even slim chance--of being 1st floor parking lot view, for a once-in-many-years trip, I decided not to book the Poly at all.
Funny I am the reverse - I would not be upset with the first floor since there is a shrub wall

I've never gotten anything but Pago parking lot (monorail) view.

I would just request upper floor honestly.

For Tokelau, higher floors and the lake-end seem to be popular. For some of those rooms, you can go out on your balcony, turn your head, and can see the Castle, thereby making it a "Fireworks View" at night. For specific room numbers or views, you can go to Touringplans.com. Those rooms are popular though, so if you put those requests down, and they do not have the rooms to give you, you may end up anywhere.

That said, if you don't have any other requirements, my friend always requests high floor Moorea for standard rooms. It's a garden view, and if you know how to walk the buildings, the pools aren't that far away (walk through the middle of Tokelau). Fewer people request that building and they can typically honor it.

For Tokelau, higher floors and the lake-end seem to be popular. For some of those rooms, you can go out on your balcony, turn your head, and can see the Castle, thereby making it a "Fireworks View" at night. For specific room numbers or views, you can go to Touringplans.com. Those rooms are popular though, so if you put those requests down, and they do not have the rooms to give you, you may end up anywhere.

That said, if you don't have any other requirements, my friend always requests high floor Moorea for standard rooms. It's a garden view, and if you know how to walk the buildings, the pools aren't that far away (walk through the middle of Tokelau). Fewer people request that building and they can typically honor it.
When in Moorea, we always walk through Tokelau to/from GCH or Oasis pool. Fewer steps and also really good route when it’s raining.

Hi all!

We are staying at the Polynesian in a DVC studio next month, and I was looking for advice on Room recommendations!

We requested the Tokelau building, but what recommendations do you have for requests within that building? We’d like to be as .

I have been in Moorea on the garden side first floor - it was so nice. Also, the counter point is it is close to the TTC and you can catch the monorail to Epcot quickly, which is a nice balance in traveling around the various parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter