Polynesian or Coronado Springs Grand Tower

Rags

DIS Veteran
I am debating staying at either the Polynesian or Coronado Springs (Grand Tower). It will just be me and will mainly be there for the Christmas decorations. Leaning towards Coronado due to price bur would love some feedback.

Thank you to all!

Last edited:
Poly would allow you to monorail hop between the loop resorts to see all the decor and if you get off at MK you can hop the boat to WL.

I have not stayed Poly at Xmas so I can’t speak to what it is like.

I love the Gran Destino Tower at CSR and it looks gorgeous with the Xmas decor up right now. I find it feels like a deluxe with a mod+ type price tag. The buses can be annoying so I do budget in some rideshars (Minnie Van for MK).

Poly would allow you to monorail hop between the loop resorts to see all the decor and if you get off at MK you can hop the boat to WL.

I have not stayed Poly at Xmas so I can’t speak to what it is like.

I love the Gran Destino Tower at CSR and it looks gorgeous with the Xmas decor up right now. I find it feels like a deluxe with a mod+ type price tag. The buses can be annoying so I do budget in some rideshars (Minnie Van for MK).
Thank you!! I didn't think about the transportation great call out and I love the idea of the monorail Christmas decorations. Not to mention I can walk to transportation center for monorail to Epcot.

Poly in the lead:)

I think with the risk that comes with Poly hotel side Standard View right now in terms of possibly being in a room overlooking the Poly Tower construction site, I would lean GDT. If that risk doesn’t bother you then no worries, just something to keep in mind.

Poly certainly has locational advantages to visit other resorts and watch nighttime MK fireworks, but doesn’t have the most impressive or interesting holiday decorations itself, in my humble opinion. I’m a Poly fan all day long but the holiday background music they play around the grounds is one of my least favorite things ever.

GDT is beautiful and especially around the holidays. We stayed there over Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and felt it was a perfect place to get in the spirit of the season. Obviously it’s bus or vehicle only from there but it’s manageable with proper expectations. CSR is actually pretty central to most WDW things so no trip is overly complicated.

Several pros/cons, but I think I would lean GDT. Not really a bad or wrong choice here though.

I think with the risk that comes with Poly Standard View right now in terms of possibly being in a room overlooking the Poly Tower construction site, I would lean GDT. If that risk doesn’t bother you then no worries, just something to keep in mind.

Poly certainly has locational advantages to visit other resorts and watch nighttime MK fireworks, but doesn’t have the most impressive or interesting holiday decorations itself, in my humble opinion. I’m a Poly fan all day long but the holiday background music they play around the grounds is one of my least favorite things ever.

GDT is beautiful and especially around the holidays. We stayed there over Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and felt it was a perfect place to get in the spirit of the season. Obviously it’s bus or vehicle only from there but it’s manageable with proper expectations. CSR is actually pretty central to most WDW things so trip is overly complicated.

Several pros/cons, but I think I would lean GDT.
The Poly DVC rooms are on the opposite side of the resort from where the construction site is for the upcoming tower. If you are staying in a DVC room at Poly you will not be overlooking Poly tower construction. A Poly HOTEL room could be a different story.

I think with the risk that comes with Poly Standard View right now in terms of possibly being in a room overlooking the Poly Tower construction site, I would lean GDT. If that risk doesn’t bother you then no worries, just something to keep in mind.

GDT is beautiful and especially around the holidays. We stayed there over Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and felt it was a perfect place to get in the spirit of the season. Obviously it’s bus or vehicle only from there but it’s manageable with proper expectations. CSR is actually pretty central to most WDW things so no trip is overly complicated.

Several pros/cons, but I think I would lean GDT
Wow I didn't even think about construction. Truth is I'm going back and forth with the cost. Grand tower is half the price. Since this is a solo trip I think it is worth it to save..

Thank you again can't wait to be there in two weeks!

Thank you!! I didn't think about the transportation great call out and I love the idea of the monorail Christmas decorations. Not to mention I can walk to transportation center for monorail to Epcot.

Poly in the lead:)
From Coronado you can bus to MK and then monorail to all those resorts, boat to WL, even take a bus from MK to one of the Epcot area resorts and tour all of those, too. Or bus from Coronado to the Studios and take the Skyliner/Friendship boat/walkway to the Epcot resorts. So it's an extra step, but again you say you'd save a lot of $$....

I am debating staying at either the Polynesian or Coronado Springs (Grand Tower). It will just be me and will mainly be there for the Christmas decorations. Leaning towards Coronado due to price bur would love some feedback.

Thank you to all!
If you’re going to be there mainly for Christmas decorations, CSR Tower hands down. I only took a couple of pics from last Christmas Eve/Day but if you do a YouTube search, you’ll see how beautiful the resort is decorated! Enjoy!

0D1E175A-4196-46F9-9485-DABE422F139C.jpeg33115C98-E701-49D8-B106-1BBE7AB8F4B9.jpeg

Thank you to all!
Unless you plan to visit the Magic Kingdom many times during this trip, save yourself hundreds of dollars each night and go with GDT.

Last edited:
We just did a trip at CSR (non tower) and it was a great stay. So many food and drink options for an adult solo guest. And it's not as crazy busy as the Poly. I would save the cash and to CSR tower room.

I'm booked in a standard room at CSR right now, also a solo traveler, I'm debating if its worth $300 to upgrade to the tower

A lot of people are upset to find they are paying full price to listen to the Poly construction or have it be their major view.

I've stayed both. I'd choose Grand Destino over Poly anytime.

Poly has some popular restaurants and are in a great location. All that means is it's over run with people, loud, always busy. Poly also has the disadvantage of separate buildings so if the weather is bad you have to go out in it just to go to dining or lounging spots, or the lobby.

CSR has a lot of dining and lounging under one roof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter