• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Polynesian to Epcot Question

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
We’re planning to eat at Kona then head to Epcot, we’re staying at Pop Century. We were planning on taking the bus to MK then monorail to Polynesian. Can we take the monorail from Polynesian to Epcot direct or stop at MK then monorail to Epcot? Is this the best way? Thank you

If you are not set on the monorail, you can take a bus from MK to BC, and then walk from BC to EPCOT's International Gateway, which is a 5 minute walk. Security and park entry thru the IG is so much easier and quicker, than entering at the front of the park, as when arriving by monorail.

Thank you everyone. We will take monorail from MK to Polynesian and probably the monorail to TTC hop on the monorail from MK to Epcot, but my partner likes using the boat transportation. Forgot to ask, how early do they run? Our breakfast reservation is at 815am. We wanted to try the Tonga Toast and the Polynesian is the only place for it. :)

Thank you everyone. We will take monorail from MK to Polynesian and probably the monorail to TTC hop on the monorail from MK to Epcot, but my partner likes using the boat transportation. Forgot to ask, how early do they run? Our breakfast reservation is at 815am. We wanted to try the Tonga Toast and the Polynesian is the only place for it. :)
I’d walk to the TTC if you’re able. It’s 10 minutes versus about 25 minutes on the monorail. The resort monorail makes 5 stops and Poly->TTC is literally the farthest route.

To restate: There is no Monorail from MK directly to Epcot.
From the Poly, as others have said, the easiest is the short walk to the TTC which is where you get the Epcot Monorail.

As others have said, if you are already at the Poly just walk through the long houses to the TTC and hop on the Epcot monorail. If you are at the MK and are going to the Poly from their, grab the Resort monorail to the Poly, eat and then walk over to the TTC. If you get the monorail from the Poly in order to get to the TTC you will have to go all around the loop via MK, Contemporary etc... before it gets to the TTC where you will transfer to the Epcot monorail. Downside of walking to the TTC is that you will have to go through the busy bag check as its the main access to the MK, if you jump on at the Poly it is a much smaller line (usually) and although a longer route, could well be more enjoyable. Also, just be mindful that wherever you board, you will go through bag check to get on the monorail and then again at Epcot, so plan / pack accordingly! ;o)

Sorry, I’m confused
If we are coming from Pop to eat t Polynesian, then we go to MK, take monorail to Polynesian? Then from Polynesian we walk to the TTC at MK, then take the Epcot monorail? Or there’s a monorail direct from Polynesian to Epcot? Don’t understand walking through security at MK together to Epcot? Thank you

Sorry, I’m confused
If we are coming from Pop to eat t Polynesian, then we go to MK, take monorail to Polynesian? Then from Polynesian we walk to the TTC at MK, then take the Epcot monorail? Or there’s a monorail direct from Polynesian to Epcot? Don’t understand walking through security at MK together to Epcot? Thank you
Yes, just what you said. go to MK from POP, then monorail to Poly, then from Poly you can take the 10 minute walk to the TTC (TTC is the ticket and transportation center, its next to the Poly, it isn't at the MK it is across the lake from the MK), from the TTC you get onto the EPCOT monorail. hope that is somewhat less confusing!

Pop Century to Polynesian: bus to Magic Kingdom, then monorail or small launch to Polynesian.
Polynesian to Epcot: monorail around Seven Seas Lagoon or walk to the TTC, then take the monorail to Epcot.

The confusion appears to be that the TTC is not at Magic Kingdom. They're across the land from each other.

Thank you
I guess I was thinking where you catch the boat at MK is the TTC. Thank you for all the information. We’re going there for breakfast for the Tonga toast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter