• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pontoon viewing Fireworks??? Who’s done this?

We did the EPCOT pontoon boat and loved it. Perfect viewing? No but we were not at all disappointed. If it is important to see the water projections on the big circle, you will be disappointed because you won't see them at all. From our perspective we got to see a really good show show sitting down, right at the water level with nobody in front of us and we took a very relaxing boat ride before the show instead of standing in one place for an hour to make sure nobody was blocking us. One night we walked over from the Beach Club and watched Harmonious so we could see the water projections. We are probably in the minority but while the projections were very cool with amazing technology, everything considered, we were happier with the boat. This was our view from the boat.

View attachment 645420

View attachment 645421

Love the pics! Where does the boat stop to watch the fireworks? Are you “inside” Epcot?

We absolutely loved this experience. Top add on for me ever (but I am a fireworks lover and plan meals around fireworks viewing etc.). I can’t say enough about this experience.
Which one did you do, Epcot or MK? Was it recent?

We did the Spice Table viewing back in Oct for Harmonious, looking to try pontoon boats in July.
TIA!

Which one did you do, Epcot or MK? Was it recent?

We did the Spice Table viewing back in Oct for Harmonious, looking to try pontoon boats in July.
TIA!
Last month, Epcot. Our boat captain said Epcot was hands down a better experience from their collective boat captain point of view because of the vantage point and the hour of riding around before hand.

Last month, Epcot. Our boat captain said Epcot was hands down a better experience from their collective boat captain point of view because of the vantage point and the hour of riding around before hand.
Awesome!
Last questions. Do you book this at 60 days and is this hard to book? My hopes is first or second night of our stay, since we have a split stay and move to BLT later.
Also, what kind of snacks are offered? 😁
Thanks!

You need to call the second that the window opens. Limited availability and popular

Do you have to phone USA to book? As Aug is not open on enchanting extras

Can anybody share experiences they have had with the private firework pontoon boats? Do you need a park pass to access the boats, is mk or Epcot better, is there a bathroom? 😳

I’d be interested in replies as well! Especially regarding Epcot and how the view is for Harmonioua.

We did one many years ago for Epcot and I do not recall a bathroom, but could be wrong. We did like the Epcot one because we cruised around Hourglass Lake.

Pre Pandemic we did the illuminations cruise. You board on the Yacht Club dock about an hour before the fireworks. The cruise included soda, water and a variety of chip type snacks. We cruised down past the swolfin and near DHS and then back to under the bridge between Great Britain and France. We like the view from there. We enjoyed our snacks a bit longer and then the fireworks show began. After the show you return directly back to the Yacht Club. Our Capt could not get our motor started so we sat and waited for one of the other pontoons to return and tug us back. We didn't mind as it just extended our cruise and we were staying at the BCV so just a short walk back to our room. On another cruise we were able to order from room service so we added Pizza, dessert and Champagne as we were celebrating. We really liked the cruise but it pricey.

Pre Pandemic we did the illuminations cruise. You board on the Yacht Club dock about an hour before the fireworks. The cruise included soda, water and a variety of chip type snacks. We cruised down past the swolfin and near DHS and then back to under the bridge between Great Britain and France. We like the view from there. We enjoyed our snacks a bit longer and then the fireworks show began. After the show you return directly back to the Yacht Club. Our Capt could not get our motor started so we sat and waited for one of the other pontoons to return and tug us back. We didn't mind as it just extended our cruise and we were staying at the BCV so just a short walk back to our room. On another cruise we were able to order from room service so we added Pizza, dessert and Champagne as we were celebrating. We really liked the cruise but it pricey.
Thank you!

We did both prior to Covid. Illuminations was just as buzzgirls&dad described. MK cruise boarded at Polynesian - no tickets needed. View was good but distanced (you can't see the castle projections). No bathroom - we used the one at the Poly just before departure. A little advice - if warm and humid, consider insect repellent, especially for the MK cruise. I got bitten pretty badly.

If the boats are running at Epcot I would say that it might be better since you are so close to the show

I love the ride itself. It’s simply not perfect for viewing fireworks.
just don’t use it as your only chance to see the shows

This exactly. I enjoy the boat ride, but neither is the best for seeing the show itself. I’ve done both, and if I had to pick I’d have to go with Epcot. You do see some of the small screen, but definitely don’t get the full experience. And the is also a small island in the lake with a tree that can be in the way A big plus is not dealing with the mob after, and you do see the fireworks and the moving “octopus arms” that light up (sorry, that’s all I could think of when they started moving around, lol)
MK you miss ALL of the projections, which to me are the true show, with the fireworks being the accents. You do see the electrical water pageant.
The snacks were good on both. popcorn, chips, rice crispy treats, nuts, sodas & water.
You can bring on extra food if you want. It would be cheaper than having them do it.
No bathroom. It’s just a pontoon.
The MK tours around Bay Lake prior to the show, and the Epcot you tour around Crescent Lake prior
Both book at 60 +10.
Don’t need a park pass for either

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter