Pontoon viewing Fireworks??? Who’s done this?

For the Epcot trip you can grab cocktails to go from the YC

We did both prior to Covid. Illuminations was just as buzzgirls&dad described. MK cruise boarded at Polynesian - no tickets needed. View was good but distanced (you can't see the castle projections). No bathroom - we used the one at the Poly just before departure. A little advice - if warm and humid, consider insect repellent, especially for the MK cruise. I got bitten pretty badly.
Thank you!

Thank you. If one is not a resort guest (e.g. local resident) but an AP holder, when can a fireworks cruise be booked?

I'm guessing it might be an option to pick up a cancellation with short notice?

We did Epcot for Illuminations pre-pandemic, and we loved it! Pontoon boat left from the Yacht Club and took us for a ride to Hollywood Studios and all the way back, parking under the bridge by the Gateway so we had a great view. It included bagged snacks, sodas, and water which was fine with us. The driver actually had us take what we didn't use with us since he said we had paid for it all! We had a great night and it is one we won't soon forget.

We have a MK cruise booked for March, and I'll be happy to check in after that and let you know how that one goes! We wouldn't have booked it if we hadn't truly enjoyed our Epcot experience a few years ago.
Did you get the MK cruise done? Very curious your thoughts on the pros and cons of each!! Thank you for sharing :)

We did the Magic Kingdom fireworks cruise in November of last year and it was by far the best experience we have EVER had at Disney World. There were four of us, me and my wife and her parents, and we had dinner before (actually a Monorail bar crawl with snacks...). The cruise before the fireworks started was amazing going over the water bridge to see both lakes, the old abandoned stuff, the shoe tree, etc. For Disney nerds like us it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. They had snacks on the boat like popcorn and chips and a few sodas an waters, but honestly the cruise was so exciting that wasn't anything to be concerned about. Plus, we got to stay on the water and be front and center for the electric water pageant after the fireworks. For the $400 trip plus $100 tip, it was worth every penny and then some.

If you can only do one, my money would be on Magic Kingdom.

We did the Magic Kingdom fireworks cruise in November of last year and it was by far the best experience we have EVER had at Disney World. There were four of us, me and my wife and her parents, and we had dinner before (actually a Monorail bar crawl with snacks...). The cruise before the fireworks started was amazing going over the water bridge to see both lakes, the old abandoned stuff, the shoe tree, etc. For Disney nerds like us it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. They had snacks on the boat like popcorn and chips and a few sodas an waters, but honestly the cruise was so exciting that wasn't anything to be concerned about. Plus, we got to stay on the water and be front and center for the electric water pageant after the fireworks. For the $400 trip plus $100 tip, it was worth every penny and then some.

If you can only do one, my money would be on Magic Kingdom.
Thanks for sharing your perspective... and the price associated with your pontoon fireworks cruise. I was wondering about that. One other question - about what time does the cruise depart? Is it 1 hour in advance of the fireworks? 30 minutes in advance?

Thanks for sharing your perspective... and the price associated with your pontoon fireworks cruise. I was wondering about that. One other question - about what time does the cruise depart? Is it 1 hour in advance of the fireworks? 30 minutes in advance?
We did it last November and I believe it was at least an hour before fireworks, maybe 90 minutes before? I think we departed at 6:30. They do the cruise around both lakes first showing you everything before it is totally dark, so there is quite a bit of time on the boat before the fireworks.

One more thing, we cut it close on time because Disney transportation to the Grand Floridian took a lot longer than we expected. Whatever time you think you need to leave to make to boat, leave 60 minutes before that. Don't want to miss this if you are on of the lucky ones who can book it,

Attachments

• 091F065E-23FC-4B5B-A533-C377505628B3.jpeg
    091F065E-23FC-4B5B-A533-C377505628B3.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 4FCF5EE7-FCE7-45A0-A801-221FF181B2CB.jpeg
    4FCF5EE7-FCE7-45A0-A801-221FF181B2CB.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 14
We asked our boat captain that question. He said it had been discussed but it was not deemed safe to be closer than the bridge

I agree with that. Can recall watching the fireworks show @ Epcot a number of years ago from somewhere on those pathways around the lake where people usually gather. The wind shifted during the show and everyone started to scatter as cinders (or whatever fireworks remnants are called) started raining down on everyone. While it was mostly a nuisance, I can clearly see why they won't let people any closer. You just never know when the wind might shift and I assume the embers falling closer to the displays could still be hot.

I agree with that. Can recall watching the fireworks show @ Epcot a number of years ago from somewhere on those pathways around the lake where people usually gather. The wind shifted during the show and everyone started to scatter as cinders (or whatever fireworks remnants are called) started raining down on everyone. While it was mostly a nuisance, I can clearly see why they won't let people any closer. You just never know when the wind might shift and I assume the embers falling closer to the displays could still be hot.
Does anyone know how we book this from the uk? We’re English but live in the states and are visiting home at exactly the point our booking window opens. Do we need to call the florida number or do we call a British one?

Does anyone know how we book this from the uk? We’re English but live in the states and are visiting home at exactly the point our booking window opens. Do we need to call the florida number or do we call a British one?
This may be a good question to also ask in the UK forum as others there may have experience.

This may be a good question to also ask in the UK forum as others there may have experience.
Thank you! Also anyone any idea how the prices increase for holidays? Looking around New Year’s Eve so if there’s ever going to be a premium I’m sure that’s the time!

Last July my friends and I did an MK fireworks cruise. We could sort of make out the projections on the castle for Happily Ever After, but we also were going to see them in MK the next night so we were more into the music and fireworks. Our cruise started with a little tour around the lakes followed by setting up in front of Poly to watch the water pageant. Then we zoomed up with other boats for the fireworks. We had some snacks (Oreos, canned soda) but I think the snacks have improved since then according to social media posts I’ve seen. It was honestly one of the most memorable things I’ve done at Disney and I would do one again for MK fireworks in a heartbeat.
Absolutely loved it! Did the MK and to quote the above “one of the most memorable things I’ve done”! Had family that included kids ages 4 through 13 and it was such a big hit with all of us!

We did one at Epcot last August when it was still Illuminations and we loved it so much we did the MK one in Feb when we went back with friends. I found it to be a really magical experience. I thought Epcot had the better view but overall MK was a better boat cruise because you see a bit more and get some really great Disney history and you get to watch the electric water pageant which is so nostalgic for me. It’s also nice you can bring your own drinks on though maybe that has changed. Also, they offer a dvc discount but it was a pain to get because the people who book don’t seem to know how to do it but for any dvcers make sure to ask for it. It isn’t really the best view but it’s a wonderful experience. I liked it better than being packed in at the parks and then having to leave with huge crowds. I also think in terms of value it isn’t so bad especially if you have a big group compared to some of the dessert parties and other viewing options.

One more thing to add, we booked both after the initial booking windows and we’re still able to book. The August trip wasn’t a busy week but the Feb one was a very busy week. We did have to take whatever was available in terms of where we left from and both times I had to wait on hold for a very long time so to the person booking from the UK, if you need to book from there, if you have a travel agent, maybe ask them to do it instead. I think I waited at least 45 minutes on hold to get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter