Ponyo/Totoro/Studio Ghibli merch at Japan pavilion ?

NO WAY!!!! We love Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, haven't seen Ponyo yet.

Does anyone know if they have the Totoro CD soundtrack???? I absolutely love that music.

Bumping this thread in hopes that someone that visited Japan in Epcot recently can report on whether or not they saw any Studio Ghibli merchandise? (Ponyo, My Neighbor Totoro, etc????) :confused3

Something about little kids and anime. My 4 yr old and 2 yr old love all of his stuff. We've got Spirited Away,Ponyo,Kiki's Delivery Service,Totoro,Howl's Moving Castle,and Castle in the Sky:)

If they had a Totoro meet-and-greet in the Japan pavilion, that would be just about the greatest thing in all of WDW.

If they had a Totoro meet-and-greet in the Japan pavilion, that would be just about the greatest thing in all of WDW.

RIGHT??? My kids would freak out! They screamed with delight when they saw his cameo appearance in the end credits of Toy Story 3!!! :)

The merchandise they do have is expensive. $30 for a very small picture frame.

I'm pretty sure they had the CD soundtrack when I was there in April. This was a original Japanese CD soundtrack though. CDs in Japan are much more expensive than they are in the US. So that soundtrack was around $40-$50 I believe.

They also have one or two original animation cels used to create the movie, along with certificates of authenticity. Those go for about $700. :thumbsup2

I actually have a Totoro from Japan in EPCOT!
Ignore my noobish face but this is about how big he is for $30. He's VERY soft too!
Photoon2011-06-23at00232.jpg

If I can remember correctly they also sell a stuffed CatBus, a version of Chibi-totoro (small totoro), a version of Chu totoro (medium totoro). I also believe they sell pens, stationary, and VERY expensive bamboo glass.

Just came back yesterday, visited Epcot Saturday.
I made a point of stopping at Mitsukoshi and check the Ghibli merchandise like I do every trip.

They had Totoro plushies, jigsaw puzzles, stationery, Ponyo stationery, models of the homes featured in Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and I believe Totoro and Ponyo.

They also had fine china with the characters of Totoro on them, really cute I might add.

I purchased a Kiki's Delivery Service music box (I found a picture online):
l_p1019688648.jpg

The cats move when the music plays, very nice collector's item.

They used to have Ponyo plushies as well. I was too busy looking at art books and the models to pay much attention (sorry), they might still have them.

If you want to buy the Totoro plush dolls Ebay and Amazon carry them, sometimes at much cheaper prices.

Edit: Forgot to add that I saw soundtrack CD's for most if not all Ghibli movies and a lot of art books.

My kids were very excited about the selection of Studio Ghibli items, including plushies, School supplies, soundtracks, and more. But, like others have said, they are not cheap. I thought at the time, 'Well, the stuff is expensive, but where else are you going to find things from those movies?'. I am embarassed to say that I never even checked eBay. I buy things on eBay all the time, but for some reason I convinced myself that the Ghibli items were not available anywhere else. So, yes, they have things there, but make sure you bring your smart phone and check the prices on eBay before you make your way to the register with something that you could get for half the price on eBay.:rolleyes1

derrrr, I just made a new thread asking this question and then thought I would do another search :rolleyes:

So there's Totoro and Ponyo, any Arrietty merch? Not sure what, really, I'm looking for, just that PB really enjoys it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter