Pooh's Puffed French Toast Gone!

Any updates since June?

I’m trying really hard to talk myself out of staying Club level and I was mentally going through the parks figuring where I could eat and it would still be less than concierge. I haven’t done Crystal Palace recently, becau$e! Like everyone else, the French toast is the only reason I go. I’ve made it at home. It’s time consuming but just as good, however my dining room lacks some of the ambiance.

I saw a review on YouTube from last week and there was no Pooh’s puffed French toast. I specifically watched it to see, since we skipped it in May after hearing of it being removed.

DS asked to go back next trip but no way am I going until they bring it back. I’ll just get a cheap Cheshire tail for breakfast vs a $50 breakfast.

Just like the cinnamon skillet at Garden Grill. Without it, it's not worth the breakfast there.

I tried Crystal Palace for the first time in June. Even without the french toast it as one of the best buffets I've ever had on property, coming in second to Boma.

Just like the cinnamon skillet at Garden Grill. Without it, it's not worth the breakfast there.
This. We cancelled a Garden Grill ADR when I noticed the cinnamon roll skillet was no longer available. We were going to schedule CP for our upcoming trip, but we decided against it with the Pooh French toast gone. It's disappointing that our favorite items are being removed from the menus and makes the cost of the meal not as worthwhile (for us).

Still no puffed french toast as of 9/23/23 and also they took away the breakfast lasagna which was a family favorite of ours. It certainly was not as good as it has been in the past and not as good as Boma for us. Don't think we need to go back.

This. We cancelled a Garden Grill ADR when I noticed the cinnamon roll skillet was no longer available. We were going to schedule CP for our upcoming trip, but we decided against it with the Pooh French toast gone. It's disappointing that our favorite items are being removed from the menus and makes the cost of the meal not as worthwhile (for us).

We loved Garden Grill breakfast on our trip right before Covid. We would probably would have made it an every trip breakfast. Unfortunately, the new menu doesn’t look as good for a higher price so we won’t be back.

Thought maybe we would give Akershus a shot this trip but even the changes made there don’t look good. I guess Disney doesn’t care and people are still booking.

I happen to love character meals. We would probably do around 4-5 character meals per trip if they were the same as we remembered. Even with the higher price tag. On our next trip we are doing 1 and either grabbing quick service or making breakfast before leaving the room. We are going to Chef Mickey, and that’s only because our youngest hasn’t been and we are staying at Bay Lake.

They're taking away all the unique items. I'll just pay $2 for a banana at a cart and be done with it.

We loved Garden Grill breakfast on our trip right before Covid. We would probably would have made it an every trip breakfast. Unfortunately, the new menu doesn’t look as good for a higher price so we won’t be back.

Thought maybe we would give Akershus a shot this trip but even the changes made there don’t look good. I guess Disney doesn’t care and people are still booking.

I happen to love character meals. We would probably do around 4-5 character meals per trip if they were the same as we remembered. Even with the higher price tag. On our next trip we are doing 1 and either grabbing quick service or making breakfast before leaving the room. We are going to Chef Mickey, and that’s only because our youngest hasn’t been and we are staying at Bay Lake.
I just ate at Akershus with my extended family. The princess interaction was fabulous, and my group of 8 was not crowded, but I wouldn’t write home about the food. I’d say it was worth it for the kids to see the princesses, but I would not go again.

They're taking away all the unique items. I'll just pay $2 for a banana at a cart and be done with it.
Yes, it seems like they take away these unique items in favor for more easily prepared items. It leaves the BF sort of mediocre to me and it is the special items that make some of these places unique and worth spending the money for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter