• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool Hopping - Where to Go?

chickie

DIS Veteran
We are staying a POP for 2 nights in November, after our Disney Cruise. We couldn't get into any DVC resorts at that time! :earseek: As DVC members, I know we can pool hop (with exceptions, I know).
Where is your favorite place to pool hop? I was thinking the Poly, but I thought I'd see where you guys like to go?

chickie said:
We are staying a POP for 2 nights in November, after our Disney Cruise. We couldn't get into any DVC resorts at that time! :earseek: As DVC members, I know we can pool hop (with exceptions, I know).
Where is your favorite place to pool hop? I was thinking the Poly, but I thought I'd see where you guys like to go?

You can only pool hop if you are staying at the DVC resort. Pool hopping does not extend to other stays. (Otherwise folks who own and live in Orlando would just go to Disney to swim) Your room key has to say "member".

Just confirming CarolA's post - members cannot legally pool hop unless they are staying at a DVC resort on points.

Best wishes -

hey we enjoyed the quiet pool in front of the 50's building at Pop.

I couldn't get mother to get out to goto the parks.

in the future when you stay at a dvc resort go to the most expensive hotels they are usually the best places to pool hop. the poly is real nice gf the contemporary was nice and quiet. you cannot pool hop into akl. i been to a couple of the moderate resorts and we left about 10 minutes later they were both packed.

We like pool hopping to BWV/BWI the best thanks to the Evil Clown Slide (seriously we like the clown)

Plus I believe as a DVC member you can legally use the valet at BWV (even if not staying on points)

Too bad you cannot legally pool hop

Cheers
jaysue

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Darn! I am bummed that we couldn't stay at a DVC resort - now I'm really upset that we won't be able to pool hop! Oh, well. We'll have to stick to the POP resort pools, maybe the 50's quiet pool. We won't be going to any parks on this trip, so we are looking for a nice pool day.
Thanks!

We are staying at BWV, and I know they have an awesome pool. We are not DVC members, but are renting points from someone. Does that qualify for pool hopping?

Technically, others paying cash for a member's points are not entitled to the member's benefits. Only guests staying with a member may participate in the member's benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter