• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pool hopping

ClaireW

Mouseketeer
We are DVC members and not planning to pool hop to anywhere we shouldn't (!) but where can I find a comprehensive list of which pools are gated? And if they are gated will our magic bands recognise that we are DVC members and let us through even if we are not staying at that resort?
We haven't booked our next trip yet but if we stay at either AKL or Kidani in a DVC room can we move freely between both pools?

We haven't booked our next trip yet but if we stay at either AKL or Kidani in a DVC room can we move freely between both pools?
Guests staying in either Jambo House or Kidani Village can use any of the standard amenities in either building. This applies to cash guests & DVC members.

We are DVC members and not planning to pool hop to anywhere we shouldn't (!) but where can I find a comprehensive list of which pools are gated? And if they are gated will our magic bands recognise that we are DVC members and let us through even if we are not staying at that resort?
I got this from the DVC website:
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resorts
  • The leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • The pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

I got this from the DVC website:
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resorts
  • The leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • The pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort

I expect the Bay Cove Pool at Wilderness Lodge, BRV/CCV is not available for pool hopping either. It is doing a soft opening currently so it has not been added to the list.

I expect the Bay Cove Pool at Wilderness Lodge, BRV/CCV is not available for pool hopping either. It is doing a soft opening currently so it has not been added to the list.
The Bay Cove Pool is at BLT.

The pools at the Wilderness Lodge are:
Copper Creek Springs Pool (former Silver Creek Springs Pool)
Boulder Ridge Cove Pool (former Hidden Springs Pool)

I think that by now all the pools are gated. I am not sure if you are not staying at the resort whether your magic band will get you access. You may have to ask a CM. Sometimes though the gates are not locked except at night.

And then there are the blackout periods to be concerned about. Any holiday times, plan for no pool hopping before, during and after the holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter