Pool/resort Day?

We always have resort days in between. Parks are draining both physically and financially so it’s a nice relief. The past few years have been more resort since Disney has greedflation on their agenda. Even on park days we’ll stop back in the afternoon before heading back at night. Works out well.

We love having down days at WDW. We usually come for a week and are not open to close park people. We like lots of down time. We usually go to the pool or Disney Springs.

Especially, for our annual 4th of July trip; we schedule nearly the whole week to avoid heat of day.

We sleep in a bit. That equates to 8 am, I’m good with it! There’s something to be said for watching MM cartoons in the AM

Grab a light breakfast in villa. Then we hit the pool…which I hope starts to be less busy again, at least until early afternoon, now that APs are being resumed:wizard:

Shower up, grab late lunch (often offsite), then into the parks, closing them out

It’s so much more doable in that heat & humidity that way for us. Two weeks to go:stitch:

Just wonder how many folks build in a pool day in between Theme Park visits? We Always say we are going to but tend to end up going to the parks in the afternoon. Guess its a bit of FOMO

We build in a pool day after every park day for week vacations or two pool days after every park for two week vacations. It really helps us enjoy each park to the max and our resort.

This past Jan/Feb 2023 was the first time ever we did not enter ANY parks. It was great. I would go so far as to say it was one of the best WDW vacations we have ever had. The first week we stayed at BLT and concentrated our time in that area. We visited all the resorts, rode the boats and monorail and dined in the different restaurants in that area including WL and FW.

The second two weeks we stayed at BWV. We did the same thing as we did the first week except, we spent many leisurely days by the pool. It was so nice not to have to be anywhere early in the morning, no pressure to get to a park and deal with the crowds of people. I have to say I didn't miss the parks at all.

Now that annual passes have been reinstated, I did buy passes for DH and myself for our Jan/Feb 2024 trip. I will say that since I did that, I have questioned that decision several times. I'm not sure that we will spend enough time in the parks to make it worth the cost. I guess I will see how it goes and decide if annual passes are worth the cost for us going forward.

I hope you have the opportunity to spend time at your resort and the pool. If you have children, I'm sure they would really enjoy the time spent at the pool. So many times, we have been in the parks and kids are crying or asking to go swimming and parents are losing it because of the money they have spent on their dream WDW trip. Whatever you decide I hope you have a magical trip. Enjoy. :flower1:

When we do a pool day during a trip it is always on SAT or Sunday because the locals will crowd into the parks on the weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter