Pool towels? Barber shop?

Katy Belle

DIS Veteran
Hello! We are leaving for our first trip to Disneyland Paris in 3 days!! I've begun packing and want to keep it light, due to trains, taxis, etc. Are there pool towels provided at the resort? We are staying at Davy Crocket Ranch.

Also, is there a barber shop on Main Street, as in WDW in Florida? My boys are in need of haircuts and that might be a fun way to do them.

I have learned sooo much here. Thanks to all of you that post!
Katy :sunny:

There is a barber shop but I have heard rumors that it may close. You need to call and make a reservation the day before you plan to go. Here's the info I read concerning the closing:

"Le Parisien, the French daily, reports that the decision whether to close Dapper Dan's Haircuts or not has been postponed. Originally it was supposed to be made on Monday but the management now claims to need time for further research regarding the future use of the location. But a union spokesperson cited by Le Parisien thinks that the outcry of fans and regular guests as voiced in the online petition might have had some influence too. So far no new date for the decision has been announced, which means fans should keep their support for the barber going and especially use the service on site."

Thanks Morgan B!! Is it on mainstreet? I will check on it when I check in. I appreciate your help.

The pool at Davy crockett is great. Yes you can hire towels but I'm unsure of the cost.

Have a great holiday

Katy Belle said:
Hello! We are leaving for our first trip to Disneyland Paris in 3 days!! I've begun packing and want to keep it light, due to trains, taxis, etc. Are there pool towels provided at the resort? We are staying at Davy Crocket Ranch.

Also, is there a barber shop on Main Street, as in WDW in Florida? My boys are in need of haircuts and that might be a fun way to do them.

I have learned sooo much here. Thanks to all of you that post!

Guess the barber Shop is closed at the moment cause the whole Emporium is closed for refurnishment.
If it is only for the haircut and not for the experience you can go to the shopping mall at Val d´Europe near the Ranch (there is a huge grocery store as well to buy things for food).

BTW: we are at DLRP from 25th till 28th for our 25th :Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: trip and if you like to meet send an PM or email or post on this board.

Greets from Germany
Renate

BTW:you mention train and taxis...but I hope you know that you will need a car to go fro Davy Crocket to the parks?

Thank you for your help! I'd much rather pay to hire a towel than to have to pack towels for all 5 of us! So glad that is available.

Renate, thanks for the information about the haircut. I'd love the experience, but they really just need haircuts! We've recently moved here and that seems to be one thing a bit tricky to figure out. We may try to get that done while there. I'm happy to know there is a grocery store there too. Having the kitchen at the Davy Crocket Ranch, we will pick up a few things. We will be there March 26,27,28,29, then moving into Paris for a few days. Yes, we are renting a car from Hertz to get us from the RAnch to the parks!

Katy Belle said:
Yes, we are renting a car from Hertz to get us from the RAnch to the parks!

I would expect Disney provides a shuttle to the parks. Of course if you want the car so that you can go to the grocery etc thats another story.

Katy Belle said:
I'm happy to know there is a grocery store there too. Having the kitchen at the Davy Crocket Ranch, we will pick up a few things. We will be there March 26,27,28,29, then moving into Paris for a few days. Yes, we are renting a car from Hertz to get us from the RAnch to the parks!

The grocery is called Auchan and is really huge! You will get there everything.
As we are there almost the same time as you, we can meet and tell you a lot about the parks if you like.

You send me an email or PM if you like.

Greets Renate

Does anyone know when the barber shop is re-opening? Is the Emporium closed as well or are they open during the renovation? My two DSs had their haircut in WDW last year. Not only was the experience alot of fun, but they got great haircuts! :banana:

Hello all! I am back from my trip, thanks so much for your help.

Kaygela, the barber shop was open! We ended up not taking the time to do it, but we saw an elderly gentleman getting his hair cut. I'm not sure if its in its original location or not-this was my first trip. When you walk down MainStreet, entering the park, take a left at one of the side streets, it was at the end of that little street. I hope that describes it ok, I'm not sure how far down it was. Hope that is a little bit helpful.

I will attempt a trip report in a few days. Now I'm in a pile of dirty laundry and busy with 3 boys on vacation withdrawl!

Thanks Katy. Hope your trip was magical and I look forward to your trip report when you come out from all the laundry. :rotfl2:

Katy Belle, hope you had a wonderful time.
Hopefully you will be encouraged to complete a trip report ;)

Reid

Katy, glad you had a great time. :flower: Would love to hear all about it.

Does anyone know, is the barbers:crazy:shop for men/boys:earsboy:only or do they cut girls:earsgirl:hair there too.

I've never been to the one in DLP, but the one in WDW is for everyone. They also sprinkle pizie dust (very small sparkly confetti) on the hair and the little girls (and big girls too) love it. :earsgirl:

Thanks for replying, Kaygela, think I'll start this as a separate thread.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter