• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poolside/Garden View at Aulani

TheRobbs

Mouseketeer
We are currently booked into a Ocean View Studio for our summer trip. We are wait listed for a One bedroom Ocean View. I'm thinking of adding a second wait list( One bedroom Poolside/garden View). We really want an Ocean View but I think we want the one bedroom even more. Anyone had this category? Will I just be on a lower floor looking into the main courtyard/pool area? That would be fine with me. I just don't want to face the "outside" if you know what I mean.... :confused3

We are currently booked into a Ocean View Studio for our summer trip. We are wait listed for a One bedroom Ocean View. I'm thinking of adding a second wait list( One bedroom Poolside/garden View). We really want an Ocean View but I think we want the one bedroom even more. Anyone had this category? Will I just be on a lower floor looking into the main courtyard/pool area? That would be fine with me. I just don't want to face the "outside" if you know what I mean.... :confused3

Poolview will be on this inside. Highest floor i believe is 5

If you put in a room request for Garden View you can get a good room. We were in the EWA tower odd number room (so outside). We specifically requested a high floor and rooms x81 or x87. Actually got 587. We could sit on our couch and look at the ocean. The view was over Auntie's Beach House and looked at the mountains if you looked straight out, but we had some good ocean views, I keep meaning to post pics on the Aulani room thread.

If you put in a room request for Garden View you can get a good room. We were in the EWA tower odd number room (so outside). We specifically requested a high floor and rooms x81 or x87. Actually got 587. We could sit on our couch and look at the ocean. The view was over Auntie's Beach House and looked at the mountains if you looked straight out, but we had some good ocean views, I keep meaning to post pics on the Aulani room thread.

Thanks for that tip as well. Good to know!! Would love to see pics. :)

I highly suggest you look at the Aulani Villas and Views thread on this board. It lists where each rooms categories rooms are located, and has a bunch of view posts from DIS members...very helpful.
We have 2 2Bdr Island view Villas reserved for July. Thanks to the thread I mentioned, I was able to request a high floor in the Ewa building with room #'s ending in 75 and 81.
I will try and find the link...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

I highly suggest you look at the Aulani Villas and Views thread on this board. It lists where each rooms categories rooms are located, and has a bunch of view posts from DIS members...very helpful.
We have 2 2Bdr Island view Villas reserved for July. Thanks to the thread I mentioned, I was able to request a high floor in the Ewa building with room #'s ending in 75 and 81.
I will try and find the link...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907389

Thanks so much!!!

If you put in a room request for Garden View you can get a good room.

Thanks for that tip as well. Good to know!! Would love to see pics. :)

As JWG states, some Island View views have very nice views of the ocean and can be on a higher floor. However, there are many Island View villas that face the island and won't have any views of the ocean or the Aulani pools. Anyone booking an Island View category thinking they will get an ocean view runs the risk of being disappointed if they actually end up with a villa facing the street and the island.

If you want to face the ocean or Aulani's Waikolohe Valley, the safer bet will be to book an ocean view or pool view.

Click here to see photos of the views from some of the Aulani villas.

We thought we would get a pool/garden view based on other peoples suggestions me save points. We were going to be there 7 days and when we got to the room we were on the 3rdfloor with just a view of bushes and a teeny glimpse of the lazy river. I went right away to see if there was any chance of upgrading than ocean view because I knew I would not be happy. Upgraded for the extra points and it was the best investment ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter