Poopie Diapers

Mickmse2002

DIS Veteran
Recently got back from a wonderful trip to BCV, had room 466 and loved it. the only real problem we encountered was some family on the fourth floor had a baby that really liked to poop. Apparently this family didn't want the smelly diaper's left in their room so they kept dumping them in the trash can right next to the elevator. Now I have three kids and I am very sympathetic to the whole smelly diaper issue.......but for the love of God....don't leave them in an elevator lobby........take your trash to the trash room!!!!

Funny this should come up as we will be taking a 3 month old with us in December and hubby and I were just talking about the diaper situation. We decided since we drive down, we will simply grab the diaper gennie and take it with us on our trip. If we were flying, we would take TONS of extra grocery bags and pay for towel and trash everyday.

Nothing like someone sharing their stinky diapers with you! (yuck)

YUCK! What makes people think they shouldn't tie up the diapers in plastic and take them to the trash room? I would be like me dumping dog poo in a trash can outside someone's door!

SOme people have no consideration fo rothers. My SIL and BIL used to put them in my kitchen trash. Sad, had they asked where I wanted it, I would have taken it outside for them, as I do for all who have the courtesy to ask.

I'd call the hotel management. If they don't want to speak to the family about this (or can't identify them), they can at least be aware of the problem and assign someone to empty that can more frequently. They don't want an unpleasant and unsanitary experience for their guests; it's bad for business.

I have a great solution for those needing to dispose of smelly diapers...my niece uses them and I love them...they are scented diaper trash bags. She buys them at Dollar Tree, Deals, or whatever the Dollar store is in your area...you get 100 in a box for a buck!! They smell like baby powder and fit one or two diapers...a bit larger than those small Walmart bags. I buy them now to keep at our house when the wee ones visit or to just put smelly meat trays or scraps that don't go down the disposal in before they go to the garbage can.

Hope this helps...but as for leaving them in near the elevator...very rude...just like those parents who change a child's diaper in the car and leave the diaper on the parking lot..EEEWW!

Yuck for sure! I am not sure what goes through some people's minds. I am sure some just don't care, while others just don't think.

A couple of years ago someone changed the stinkiest diaper imaginable while seated next to me during the Little Mermaid Show at MGM. The child wouldn't stop crying, so rather than leave they decided to do the change right there. Stunk the whole place up, and the kid STILL was screaming, so they had to leave anyway.

WOW, This gets me to thinking :rotfl: . Dneice will be bringing 1 yro twins and friend will have 15 month old. Where is the trash room at SSR. I will be very grateful for the information :rotfl2: . I plan on bringing lots of scented candles :rolleyes1 Susan

We used the scented "pooper scooper" bags that are designed for picking up after your dog. They come on a very small roll and can be attached to your key ring. I used to throw a roll in the diaper bag, and voila....I'd have 20 scented bags where ever I was...it made my diaper bag smell pretty good, too.

I'd get them at Petsmart

:wave:

beca

Wow no sympathy for the parents of young ones here I must say. as for the changing the child at MGM during the little mermaid show what is the big deal really like the kid cares where it gets changed. Some people have no sympathy for parents with young kids. I am sure glad we aren't like that hell we have even passed along wipes etc to people that needed them in the parks and elsewhere while changing thier kids. As a parent you deal with it wether they are yours or somone elses POOP happens LOL.

CharlesTD said:
Wow no sympathy for the parents of young ones here I must say. as for the changing the child at MGM during the little mermaid show what is the big deal really like the kid cares where it gets changed. Some people have no sympathy for parents with young kids. I am sure glad we aren't like that hell we have even passed along wipes etc to people that needed them in the parks and elsewhere while changing thier kids. As a parent you deal with it wether they are yours or somone elses POOP happens LOL.
I have lots of sympathy. I have three kids and have changed an awful lot of diapers over the years. My point was more focused on what inconsiderate people do with the remains once the little darling was changed. And as for people changing a diaper on a bench at a show, I am sorry, that is just wrong. Every bathroom at the joint has a baby changing table.....use it.

You are correct they do all have change tables but if it is a bad poopy bum then unless you are in a restaurant change it there. I to have 3 kids and have had my fair share of bad poopy bums to change. We unless in a restaurant change it there and dispose of the diaper in an apropriate place and I am not saying that they just toss the diaper in any old can but as for the changing I have no problems with kids being changes anyplace other than where I am sitting to eat.

CharlesTD said:
You are correct they do all have change tables but if it is a bad poopy bum then unless you are in a restaurant change it there. I to have 3 kids and have had my fair share of bad poopy bums to change. We unless in a restaurant change it there and dispose of the diaper in an apropriate place and I am not saying that they just toss the diaper in any old can but as for the changing I have no problems with kids being changes anyplace other than where I am sitting to eat.
Respectfully disagree. I work in a medical office, and every now and then a parent will just change their kids poopie diaper on a chair or the floor of the crowded waiting room. There's a restroom within walking distance. Kids are humans, and their poop is human waste. In a civilized society, we keep our human waste private out of respect for others, as well as for sanitary reasons. Noone wants to see, smell, and experience your kids poop when it's not necessary. I have a 1 month old son, so I speak from current experience - I would never expose others unnecessarily to my kids bodily functions. It's just rude IMO.

Rash said:
Respectfully disagree. I work in a medical office, and every now and then a parent will just change their kids poopie diaper on a chair or the floor of the crowded waiting room. There's a restroom within walking distance. Kids are humans, and their poop is human waste. In a civilized society, we keep our human waste private out of respect for others, as well as for sanitary reasons. Noone wants to see, smell, and experience your kids poop when it's not necessary. I have a 1 month old son, so I speak from current experience - I would never expose others unnecessarily to my kids bodily functions. It's just rude IMO.

I guess we shall just agree to disagree on this subject as it really isn't worth debating IMHO some people do it one way other do it another no matter how any of us feel or see it in our views.

There are pathogens such as E. coli in human poop even if it's from a darling baby such as my own.

Have you ever noticed on the plane to Orlando that the cabin often has that dirty-diaper scent? Before I had kids and used to fly down often for business, that used to drive me crazy :rotfl:

I often think people don't even know there are trash rooms. Too be honest, I don't know if I would know if not for these boards.

I was under the impression that all poopie diapers were forwarded to the Sci-Fi Drive In and Restaurantasouras.

Jenn said:
I often think people don't even know there are trash rooms. Too be honest, I don't know if I would know if not for these boards.

Very good point.

CharlesTD said:
Wow no sympathy for the parents of young ones here I must say. as for the changing the child at MGM during the little mermaid show what is the big deal really like the kid cares where it gets changed. Some people have no sympathy for parents with young kids.

Of course the child doesn't care. It's the people around that care. I have two kids and have been through my share of smelly diapers. However I have consideration for others, and would never think about changing my child's stinky diaper while sitting right next to someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter