• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poor mistreated child..;o)

J

JVL1018

I was in the car with my son last week and I said, "I really am going to miss you when you're in school all day next year."
(He's in PreK afternoons only right now).

And he says, "..and I am going to miss....HILTON HEAD because you are not taking me there this year and IT IS NO FAIR!"

Such a tender moment. :goodvibes :lmao:
Yes,this poor poor child is being 'forced' to go to WDW twice this year instead of once to WDW and once to HHI.;)

I know how he feels though, normally our vacation would be coming up and it's killing me, even though I am SO excited for our WDW trips.
(So is he, he just wants to do it all)

Ahh, if only time and money would come together so i could do all the traveling I dream of..

Yeah I have had that problem with my kids before. Then there was also the time that we surprised the kids with a trip to WDW. We had told them we couldn't afford to go to the parks that year but that we would go to VB for 12 days. Little did they know that we were going to do both.

We drove and never told the kids anything abaout it. They even slept all the way in to Orlando and in to the resort. When we got to the lobby they were finally awake enough to figure out where we were. DS was 12 and was disappointed because he wanted to spend the whole time at the beach. DD was 5 and was crying because she thought we were staying at WDW but she was not going to be able to go to the parks!

Sometimes there is just no pleasing them! LOL!

I was in the car with my son last week and I said, "I really am going to miss you when you're in school all day next year."
(He's in PreK afternoons only right now).

And he says, "..and I am going to miss....HILTON HEAD because you are not taking me there this year and IT IS NO FAIR!"

Yes,this poor poor child is being 'forced' to go to WDW twice this year instead of once to WDW and once to HHI.;)

I know how he feels though, normally our vacation would be coming up and it's killing me, even though I am SO excited for our WDW trips.
(So is he, he just wants to do it all)

Ahh, if only time and money would come together so i could do all the traveling I dream of..

That's just.....barbaric!! How dare you!!

I'm placing a call to the New Jersey DCF as we speak. What you're doing MUST be considered some sort of abuse!!

:)

Yeah I have had that problem with my kids before. Then there was also the time that we surprised the kids with a trip to WDW. We had told them we couldn't afford to go to the parks that year but that we would go to VB for 12 days. Little did they know that we were going to do both.

We drove and never told the kids anything abaout it. They even slept all the way in to Orlando and in to the resort. When we got to the lobby they were finally awake enough to figure out where we were. DS was 12 and was disappointed because he wanted to spend the whole time at the beach. DD was 5 and was crying because she thought we were staying at WDW but she was not going to be able to go to the parks!

Sometimes there is just no pleasing them! LOL!

:rotfl: If only they knew how lucky they are!
Besides a 1 day side trip to MK on spring break with friends, I didn't go to WDW until my honeymoon!

That's just.....barbaric!! How dare you!!

I'm placing a call to the New Jersey DCF as we speak. What you're doing MUST be considered some sort of abuse!!

:)

I will avoid answering the door, I'm sure once you call they'll be after me!:scared1: ;)

Have to agree with him, no trips to HHI, would be torture for me too.

My husband and I are thinking of doing a week and a half next August at HHI, just to make up for this year. LOL

I hope, for your sake JVL, that child protective servies doesn't read this board:lmao:

We borrowed our HH points to take an extra WDW vacation last year, so we could treat DD18's friends to a graduation trip. It was great, but now that summer is almost here, I am beginning to realize that we won't be able to see HH this year!!!!

Hope a 2 week trip to WDW this summer makes up for it!

Uh oh, you'd better start a fund...He'll be in therapy for years over this! :lmao:

Hey, if he doesn't like it....TOUGH NOOGIES! :mad:

Well, I think I read that is the proper response underneath a certain poster's avatar. :rolleyes1

:banana:

You better start building up his own HHI contract for later.

My 6 yr old niece is telling me she doesn't want to go to WDW in April because she'll be missing school.:confused3

You better start building up his own HHI contract for later.

My 6 yr old niece is telling me she doesn't want to go to WDW in April because she'll be missing school.:confused3

Where is it, where is it..ahh yes: :faint:

Maybe we should hold a telethon for the poor guy - how can yo deprive a child from HHI???

Kids ya just can't please them. :rotfl:

Two years ago we told DS that we were going to Geauga Lake (local theme park) for the day. We were of course driving to the airport and he kept telling DH that he was going the wrong way. When we pulled up the the airport he asked where Grandpa was going? When I told him we were going to Disney for the weekend he actually got mad and refused to get out of the car.:confused3

Proof positive not all SURPRISES have the ending you expect. Of course he had a blast for the weekend.

Too funny!

Our kids really did freak out when we did an adults-only trip to F&W. Never mind that they had 2 trips to the World that year...we went without them...you would think we were the worst parents EVER! :rotfl:

...however, the little stinkers won anyway as we felt sooo guilty that it would have been cheaper and easier to bring them as we spent so much on souveniers for them! The guilt just about killed us! (But then we just drank more wine and got over it... :rotfl2: )

Kids ya just can't please them. :rotfl:

Two years ago we told DS that we were going to Geauga Lake (local theme park) for the day. We were of course driving to the airport ...
When we surprised our kids we knew better than to tell them we were going somewhere fun- and then "surprise, We're going to DisneyWorld." knowing our kids- they would be disappointed at whatever the "cover story" was- not happening. So we decided to tell them we were picking them up early from school for dentist appointments - figuring the surprise would be a double bonus- Disneyworld- PLUS- no dentist appt. Makes sense, right? Wrong, When we sprung the surprise on them they jumped around like happy maniacs for about 30 seconds- and then DS goes, "What about our teeth?"

That's okay. We just laid down a large sum of money for 390 points and my DS (11) looks at me and says, "I don't like Disney. Never have." :scared1:

Since he survived that moment because I gave him a one-time "you have to be insane or a total idiot to have said that" pass, he informs me that he much prefers the beach. :sad2: This came after several questions on why we didn't have "points" like my BIL/SIL and why we can't take cool vacations like they do. :sad2:

How many years until college???:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter