Poor Unfortunate Souls: So Wet, So Full ~ Updated 12/22: Day 8 - Complete & New TR!

I'm still here too! I check in from time to time but don't get a chance to post!

Hi, Karen! :goodvibes Glad to know someone else is here too! I totally understand not getting a chance to post...I'm much better at lurking than participating myself!

Found my way back to your trip report via your new postings! I will be staying at POP again this October and am looking forward to F&W. Your pictures are getting me excited for it! I went to Epcot in October and 2010 and didn't spend anytime at the booths :sad:

What part of Minnesota are your from? South metro here.

I'm still reading. It all looks yummy! :)

Yay, you're still here! :cool1:

Found my way back to your trip report via your new postings! I will be staying at POP again this October and am looking forward to F&W. Your pictures are getting me excited for it! I went to Epcot in October and 2010 and didn't spend anytime at the booths :sad:

What part of Minnesota are your from? South metro here.
Hey, I'm glad you're back! Oh, you'll have a great time at Food & Wine! We love it; such a unique time in Epcot.

Eastern Metro here, so hello neighbor! :wave:

In a brief break from the food and drink, we enjoyed watching a little girl with a big camera:

Very cute and she seemed to know what she was doing.

Our next booth was South Korea. We really liked the Boolgogi BBQ beef. It was sweet, with just a tiny touch of spice. Kimchee was much spicier, but not overpowering:

Nice scenery from our dining area:

Next was South Africa. The beef filet was awesome, with a delicious sauce and fantastic sweet potato puree:

However, we really didn’t enjoy our other dish, the Bunny Chow:

Just not tasty. The Pinotage had a good bite, though:

Next, we had to divert from Food & Wine booths for some very important business – obtaining treats from Karamell Kuche! Let the mouthwatering begin:

So much drool-worthy stuff. We got these:

My favorite dark chocolate sea salt caramel:

And a caramel marshmallow swirl for Dug:

Amazing, as always.

Next, we made our way over to the Hops and Barley booth, passing entertainment in Italy (music) and America (drum corps) on the way. This was for Dug. He got the Lobster Claw Cuddler:

He said it took some work to eat it, but it was worth it. Plenty of meat and great with butter.

He also got the Lobster Roll:

He said it was great; all lobster, no mayo.

We shared the dessert, which was a Pumpkin Mousse:

It was very tasty and only $1.50!

More lovely Epcot scenery:

At this point, we got on a boat in Germany to get over by the Caribbean booth. Enjoyed the time on the water, as always.

Here’s where taking 2 years to do a trip report gets you. I have this picture from this point in the day, but have no clue what the drink is or where it came from:

However, I do know that this is me enjoying the Dragon Berry Colada from the Caribbean booth:

Mmmm, I kinda want one right now!

Finally, we made our way over to Test Track to use our Fast Passes. Great ride, as always.

Then it was time to head back to Pop for a nap. We had to rest up for a big evening.

Up next: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! And the best costume ever!

More great photos! I still need to try Karamel Kuche, we've been in there but just to look - it smells amazing.

I loved that Dragonberry Colada, we make them at home now sometimes!

I'm catching up on your new PTR at the moment :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

OMG that lobster looks great. Hoping they have the pumpkin mousse again. I love everything pumpkin. Caribou coffee already has some pumpkin drinks out and it is only August!

More great photos! I still need to try Karamel Kuche, we've been in there but just to look - it smells amazing.

I loved that Dragonberry Colada, we make them at home now sometimes!

I'm catching up on your new PTR at the moment :goodvibes

Yes, try Karamell Kuche! So yummy! That dark chocolate sea salt caramel is my favorite! Mmmmmmmm.......

Where did you get the recipe for the Dragonberry Colada?

Cool, thanks!

OMG that lobster looks great. Hoping they have the pumpkin mousse again. I love everything pumpkin. Caribou coffee already has some pumpkin drinks out and it is only August!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was curious and it looks like they replaced the pumpkin mousse with: Craisin Bread Pudding with Grand Marnier Anglaise (according to the Disney Food Blog). The picture looks pretty good, though. But not pumpkin. Yeah, Dug noticed the pumpkin drinks at Caribou the other day! 90+ degrees and fall beverages, ha.

Awesome pics! :)
Thanks! Nothing like a post full of Karamell Kuche close-ups!

Where did you get the recipe for the Dragonberry Colada?

Cool, thanks!

It was in the F&W festival cook book, I bought it while we were there last year! It is - Dragonberry Bacardi rum, pina colada mix, pureed strawberries and ice - put it all in a blender :thumbsup2

Everything look so yummy! I loved the lobster roll and pumpkin mousse. We love Karmel Kuching too. Always get the Carmel popcorn to share! Can't wait for food and wine...it's so close!

It was in the F&W festival cook book, I bought it while we were there last year! It is - Dragonberry Bacardi rum, pina colada mix, pureed strawberries and ice - put it all in a blender :thumbsup2

Thanks! :thumbsup2

The caramels looked sooooo good!:)
So, so good! I've been munching on Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Caramels the last few days, but good as they are, they are just not the same as those!

Everything look so yummy! I loved the lobster roll and pumpkin mousse. We love Karmel Kuching too. Always get the Carmel popcorn to share! Can't wait for food and wine...it's so close!
Mmm, that popcorn is really good too! And, since I'm so late responding, Food & Wine is going on right now! Wish I was there!

So, even though it's taken me nearly two years to get here, at least we have Halloween approaching to get us in the right frame of mind to cover Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Plus, I need to get this trip report done before we go on our next WDW trip in a month and a half! So, on with the show...

After our nap, we got our Halloween t-shirts on and headed out to the big Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The view of the pool on the way out:

We got in line for the Magic Kingdom bus. We ended up waiting 20 minutes and seeing 3 different Epcot buses come and go. You’d think they’d send more MK buses on a party night!

Luckily, we had a very cool Halloween costume at the head of our line to look at:

So cool! It was like Walt was right there with us!

Eventually, our bus arrived and we were soon strolling into the MK, all decorated for MNSSHP:

Our first order of business was grabbing dinner/snack at the Lunching Pad, while it was actually open. Dug wanted to try a Philly Cheesesteak Hot Dog. We were hoping to use our dining credit to get a Cream Cheese Pretzel as the dessert, but they wouldn’t let us, so we had to buy it separately. So, we ended up with the hot dog, pretzel, chips, cookie, and drink from using the dining credit. We got a Cherry Eclipse for the drink. Here’s the whole collection:

We tucked away the cookie and chips for later. The hot dog was okay, but Dug thought it was strange that it didn’t have peppers and onions, just a lot of Cheez Whiz. Oh, well.

After enjoying our food, we hit up a treat trail:

Free candy handouts gathered, we headed for Buzz Lightyear. First time through, Dug got 648,200 and I got 430,100. Not too bad, but we had to try again.

Second time through, I finally had my big chance. You may recall that I had never managed to achieve the elusive 999,999 top score. Dug had done it and a friend we ran into and rode Buzz with on a previous trip did it also. But not me. Both of them had achieved the score when the ride had paused at some point. Well, on this ride, we paused near the volcano. Which has a high-value target on it. I took aim and hit the target over and over, as quickly as I could. And, by the time the ride started moving again, I had maxed out my score at 999,999! :cool1: Woo-hoo! Dug ended up with 467,600. I don’t think he had the same alignment with the volcano that I did. Here’s our ride photo:

You may be able to see at the bottom that I attained the title of “Galactic Hero”.

On our way out, we saw the sidewalk had been decorated with three different Mickey Mouse heads:

There’s the best one. It seemed so strange that most people were just walking right over them without even noticing. Just stepping on the Disney magic!

Next, we got some more treats near the Speedway and stopped at the Werther’s treat station by Pinocchio’s Village Haus. We got more treats at Peter Pan and by the Riverboat. As we were squeezing down the ramp, we actually were able to see the Headless Horseman ride by! Very cool! Some photos from this part of the night:

Next was the treat trail at Splash Mountain:

After that, we rode Splash Mountain. Got all prepped with rain gear and such, but actually hardly got wet at all. Next up were more treats at Pirates and the Jungle Cruise. And we saw this at some point:

Next up was my dinner/snack. We got a hot dog meal from Casey’s Corner. We also got some corn dog nuggets. The food:

Dug got some cheese to dip the fries in and tripped as he was heading out the door with it. Cheese went flying. Embarrassing. :blush: Oh, well. Anyway, we saved the brownie for later and ate the rest using a trash can as a table. Typical Disney! We had to have a decent place to see Hallowishes, though, so it was worth it. And the view looking back down Main Street:

Up next: Hallowishes and more party!

Yay update!!! Looks like a fun night so far!
What did your Halloween shirts look like? Did you show them to us before?

Yay update!!! Looks like a fun night so far!
What did your Halloween shirts look like? Did you show them to us before?

Yay, somebody is still here! :rotfl2:

Yes, I actually showed the Halloween shirts...like two years ago! :lmao: Way, way back in the pre-trip report! In case you don't remember that like it was yesterday (;)), here's a recap:

I had it narrowed down to two shirts, one from the Disney Store and one from Target, but ended up going with the Target one:

We ordered Dug a Halloween shirt from the Disney Store, but they somehow sent a completely different shirt. However, he liked it anyway and wore it:

He actually still wears it a lot, especially to go work out.

We kept our spot at the trash can to watch Hallowishes. Great show and the perimeter fireworks were awesome. :thumbsup2

Dug’s foot was starting to hurt at that point, so we made our way up to the Hub and found a bench for the Villains show. We had a hard time seeing it from where we were and I ended up sitting on top of the bench, but it worked:

We kept our bench while we waited for the parade. I enjoyed watching a little boy dressed as Batman run around. Then I saw that his stroller had been made into the Batmobile. Cool!

The parade was great and I have a few decent pictures:

Towards the end of the parade, I looked around and noticed a guy dressed as Gaston just randomly walking around and posing with flexed muscles. Funny!

After the parade, we made our way over to the Haunted Mansion. There was a ghost (named “Carlotta”, I believe) sitting outside telling stories. She was so fun to watch. She even pretended to be an audio-animatronic.

The ride was great and a good way to cap off the night.

We headed out along the festively lit Main Street:

The buses to Pop were filling up quick, but we got on one and got back to our resort to rest up for our last day! The party was really fun and I’m glad we went. Wish I could go right now, actually, since it really gets you into the spirit!

Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I brought most of our trick-or-treat at MNSSHP candy to work and let my co-workers have at it. They enjoyed it!

Up next: Keys to the Kingdom tour!

Yay, somebody is still here! :rotfl2: Yes, I actually showed the Halloween shirts...like two years ago! :lmao: Way, way back in the pre-trip report! In case you don't remember that like it was yesterday (;)), here's a recap: I had it narrowed down to two shirts, one from the Disney Store and one from Target, but ended up going with the Target one: http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Pre-Trip Report/P1070963.jpg.html We ordered Dug a Halloween shirt from the Disney Store, but they somehow sent a completely different shirt. However, he liked it anyway and wore it: http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/Pre-Trip Report/P1070967.jpg.html He actually still wears it a lot, especially to go work out.

Hahaha. How bizarre is it that I actually DO remember those shirts now that I see them again?!?hahaha

Keys to the kingdom?!? Woohoo!! Can't wait!
I'd love to do that tour some day...ya know, in like 20 yrs when Caden and all future children are old enough. :p

No October trip for me this year, so I am enjoying everyone's MNSSHP pictures.

Love that Walt was in line with you. :thumbsup2

The picture looking down on the bowling pin pool made me smile. :) We are looking forward to being back at Pop in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter