pop centry expandong

crdbaby

Earning My Ears
pop centery was going to expand but never did. so does it mean whats going on there a new theam park or the "new park"???

well that's the rumor... There isn't foundation work going on. Looks more like grading a parking lot?

I actually stayed there in late december and got these pictures. I was meaning to come on and ask what it meant. I thought that since the resort where you can currently stay is called the classic years, the new part would be called the future years because if you look at what appears to be the main building, it has 00, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, etc.

What appears to be the main entrance building
ChristmasinDisney169.jpg

The rooms
ChristmasinDisney170.jpg

ChristmasinDisney171.jpg

So what exactly is going on??

They were supposed to be the first half of the 20th century, the Golden Years or something like that. Apparently Disney decided to suspend or stop the construction. It probably had to do with cost. It's unsure whether they will ever finish these, but since the resort is called Pop CENTURY, you gotta believe they intend to get back to it eventually.

We never suggested that's where the new park was going to be.

We suggested that they were using the unused parking lot to store heavy construction equipment and were speculating as to what the equipment might be used for.

The "rumor" (heavy, heavy emphasis on rumor) is that the new park would be across the street next to WWOS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter