Pop Century, All Star Music and $300

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I’m planning a last minute trip. I usually stay at Ft Wilderness but the van is in the shop so I decided to go with a Value Resort this time. For six nights Pop Century is going to be $300 more than All Star Music.

I‘ve stayed at both in the past and actually prefer the feel of All Star Music but was wondering if the Skyliner is worth the extra $$$ these days. How are the wait times for the Skyliner for Early Entry and park close?

If the ambience/theming were not a factor would you pay an extra $300 just for the Skyliner?

Thanks!

Yes, if you plan on going to EPCOT and DHS multiple times. Just so convenient even to go the boardwalk area too. Been at the All Stars before and both times, less than desirable guests were there and obnoxious and even an arrest was made. I know this can happen anywhere but visiting Disney and staying at many, many resorts never had this happen anywhere but the All Stars...coincidence could be. I just love Pop for convenience but if you do not mind all buses then save the money.

We love ASMu and would choose it over POP. We like POP just fine, and the skyliner is fun, but if it's raining or the weather is questionable, the skyliner goes down and you are back on the busses. I don't know... $300 would buy a lot of fun at Disney. I prefer the small size of ASMu over the large, spread out resort that is POP. For me, the skyliner isn't worth $300.

For me, I value what that money could be more than the skyliner. Is it fun and convenient? Sure, while it's up and running. To me, $300 can be used for a really good meal or must have souvenir.

We prefer POP to ASMusic and would probably pay that difference (depending on the length of stay, not just for a few nights!) but if it is genuinely just a question of the Skyliner, IMHO it would not be worth the price difference.

$300 would cover many Uber/Lyft rides (i.e., if you prefer ASMu except for the Skyliner, then I'd go with ASMu and just take a ride share periodically (not to MK tho)).

Well, you have to factor in the weather too.

If your trip is within the next two to three weeks, before the rainy season settles in AND you plan to spend 50% or more of your park time at Epcot or DHS, then Pop is the obvious choice. I have stayed at Pop in August ever since the Skyliner opened, and it is almost always closed due to weather when I try to return to the resort. Although some people have reported being able to catch a bus from one of the Epcot resorts, that has not been my experience. I have been sent back to the front of the park every time.

I am staying at AS Sports right now, leaving tomorrow. I picked it because it was substantially cheaper than Pop, and at the time I booked, the weather was supposed to be unstable. Turned out the weather was fine, so I could have gone with Pop, but I have had a good time here. This is my first stay at Sports, although I have stayed at Music and Movies. I haven’t had any transportation issues, everything has been clean and the refurbished rooms are almost identical to Pop.

Would I always choose AS over Pop? No, I wouldn’t. I will choose Pop during the colder weather when it doesn’t storm so much. I will choose AS during the rainy season. If I am on a strict budget for a particular trip, I will pick whichever one has the best rate. I do recommend Movies or Music over Sports, due to the fact that Sports often houses large groups of youth sports competitors. I got lucky and found a week where there wasn’t any competition going on.

Only you can decide whether the savings is worth losing the Skyliner. However, I think you will enjoy your stay, whichever one you choose.

Thanks, my time is usually fairly evenly split between the parks but I do like to be at the front of Early Entry rope drop. I’m thinking that will be easier for Epcot (I’m heading to Remy’s.) from Pop.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, my time is usually fairly evenly split between the parks but I do like to be at the front of Early Entry rope drop. I’m thinking that will be easier for Epcot (I’m heading to Remy’s.) from Pop.

Any thoughts?
Definitely easier if you have skyliner access since the station will drop you right at the international gateway and close to France. It's about 15-20 min to Epcot since you have to hop off at CBR to switch lines.

I like the skyliner a lot but if you will be at WDW during the rainy, late summer season, just be heads up that the skyliner will periodically close. It shouldn't impact you rope dropping since it's usually PM thunderstorms but it does go down a good bit. As far as the cost difference and value, I'm not sure I would be able to quantify if it's really "worth it" but for that matter, what's really worthy of all my $$ at disney world??? everything.... lol...... but if it were me, yes, we'd pay that to have skyliner access and stay at POP.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided to go with Pop for the Skyliner. I use the buses a lot at Ft Wilderness so this will be different. 😊

It’s going to be interesting but I began packing yesterday and I already miss my van. I tend to prefer a quieter, less, uhm, vibrant atmosphere than I remember from my Pop stays years ago. I found the back of the Broadway section at Music suits me better in that respect. Still, I haven’t stayed at a Skyliner resort since my $250/night Yacht Club Covid special back in 2020.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided to go with Pop for the Skyliner. I use the buses a lot at Ft Wilderness so this will be different. 😊

It’s going to be interesting but I began packing yesterday and I already miss my van. I tend to prefer a quieter, less, uhm, vibrant atmosphere than I remember from my Pop stays years ago. I found the back of the Broadway section at Music suits me better in that respect. Still, I haven’t stayed at a Skyliner resort since my $250/night Yacht Club Covid special back in 2020.
I found the 60’s area to be the noisiest, because of the main pool. I like the 70’s section. It’s close enough to the amenities, but far enough from the pool for it to be quiet. I don’t mind walking a little, so I usually request the 80’s, which is near a quiet pool. I have also stayed in the 50’s, which to me feels like a similar walk to the 80’s. The 60’s was the only area where I noticed more foot traffic and noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter