POP Century Dining Plan ????

maslex

DIS Veteran
I was just on allearsnet.com and noticed that the food court in POP counts as a snack and CS credit. What exactly can we get there? If this is true, it'd be great if we can get our breakfast with these. We have 3 days in which we need to eat breakfast at the hotel but then we also have 3 extra CS credits and 2 extra snack credits. Would we be able to use them towards something for breakfast? If so, then we won't have to pay OOP, right?

So much info, so confused

POP has one of the better resort food courts, since it's a huge hotel and there's no TS restaurant. You can get any meal of the day there or snacks and they are all covered on the DDP.

For a CS credit you can get a combo meal, a dessert, and a drink. At lunch and dinner they have some really nice combos available...anything from your average burgers and chicken to Italian, Chinese, or meat/potato/veggie plates. The dessert selection at POP is fabulous for a CS! You can use a CS at breakfast, but you can't get the dessert. Breakfast isn't the best value at a CS, but it's still worth it if you're using credits that you saved from meal-sharing at other meals.

Keep in mind at all food courts that your drink doesn't need to come from the beverage station. You can get any bottled beverage from the refrigerator, including large 20oz. Powerade, OJ, Nesquik, etc. If you have a refillable mug, you can use that for your meal at the food court and stockpile the bottled drinks for use in the parks or to take home.

Snacks at the food courts are sometimes better than what you can get in the parks. It depends on the individual cashier. Sometimes you just get the standard ice cream, chips, or bottled drink (plus Mickey Crispy Bars at all the hotels). Other times they'll let you get ANY dessert type item for a snack credit (like cheesecake, muffins, pie, fruit cups, etc.).

You have mentioned that the Pop resort is available on the DDP, what about the All-Star properties? How do they compare to Pop? :woohoo:

I stayed at ASSp last month and the food court was great. There were several "stations" open for each meal and a great selection of foods. I was also able to get a few snacks there which were better than anything offered in the parks, but that's a big YMMV depending on your cashier.

In general, the food courts at the Value hotels are better than those you'll find at the Mods and Deluxes because there are no TS restaurants available. One exception to this rule is Pepper Market, which is a resort CS but you are served similar to a TS restaurant. I've heard great reviews on the food and it's supposedly a great value for CS credits, but I've also heard that it can be a little confusing sometimes and if you're not careful you'll end up with items that aren't covered by the CS. I guess it's always better to just ask a CR before you get on line to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter