• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century HA Room, King, double

allie_to_you

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...
Can someone clear up something for me. Our TA reserved us a handicap accessible room at POP Century and both she and the website description of the room says HA room w/ King and Double bed and roll in shower. I've only ever known the rooms to have either a king or 2 doubles, not both...not really sure how both would fit in one of those rooms.

Is that correct, that there is both beds or is it as some have said a king in one room and a double in the connecting room and you have access to both rooms. Does that mean 2 bathrooms as well?

Ask this question on the disABILITIES forum. The folks there are very familiar with the different HA resort rooms.

It is actually 2 rooms put together. so its a king bed with the roll in shower in one and the other room actually has 2 doubles as the "normal" standard room usually is. Kinda like a large suite, but without the kitchen.

It is actually 2 rooms put together. so its a king bed with the roll in shower in one and the other room actually has 2 doubles as the "normal" standard room usually is. Kinda like a large suite, but without the kitchen.
I booked this room at All Stars Sports for Sept. I hear second room does not have a number on it. It will be 4 of us, so you are sure there are two doubles instead of just one as listed? Or should I take a air mattress just in case.

I have heard this room exists but am not sure if that will be the case after the remodel is complete

So when you book at HA room you get two rooms? I am asking because we have two rooms booked for next May. My mom's health is not well and the reason we are taking this trip to Disney as a gift to her. She has COPD and might be using a wheel chair by the time of the trip. Right now it is just O2 and meds and she moves slow. Hoping I do not need this info but would want to know in case we need to make the change.

Not all resorts are set up this way for HA rooms. Only the resorts with HA rooms that cannot accommodate 4 people. So a resort, such as POP that did not have any HA rooms available to accommodate 4 people, they would set aside a second connecting room. For resorts that offer HA rooms that accommodate 4 people, they do not give you a second room.

I have been at 2 resorts where I had reserved HA room for my sister and we had 3 or 4 people. The first time I knew we would have the second room. The second time, they ran out of the room type I had reserved that would fit 4 people so the upgraded our view and gave us two rooms with one being a HA room. I found out once I arrived at the resort.

As someone indicated above, the resorts have been having renovations that may allow for 4 people in a HA room, so these may not be offered for much longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter