Pop Century or All Star Movies

Pop Century of All Star Movies

• All Star Movies

• Pop Century

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
So as much as I would love for my family to stay at the AKL as a graduation present to myself....I just can't justify the $935 for 3 days and 3 nights. :( (and that's with a FL resident discount!) :scared: So with a savings ranging from $519-$532 we can do either Pop Century or All Star Movies. Help me choose! :p I have a seven year old son if that helps in the decision making. Just him, myself and hubby!
All advice welcome.

We just got back from ASMo and we were not impressed, in fact DH said, "Never again."

Our room door was difficult to lock, the towels were thread bare with holes in them, the room actually smelled musty, and the cleanliness was not up to my expectations for a Disney location.

I'd try Pop. Whichever you choose, have fun!

We just got back from ASMo and we were not impressed, in fact DH said, "Never again."

Our room door was difficult to lock, the towels were thread bare with holes in them, the room actually smelled musty, and the cleanliness was not up to my expectations for a Disney location.

I'd try Pop. Whichever you choose, have fun!

Thank you for the honesty. :thumbsup2

It has been a while since I've stayed at ASMO and I've never stayed at Pop. Just based on what I know about Movies and what I've heard about Pop, I would try Pop. The All Star Resorts aren't bad. My son loved the Sports! Have you considered the Sports?

Count me in as a Pop lover. No matter how I try I can't talk myself into staying anywhere else.

POP :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Overall I think POP is nicer, quieter, better landscaped, dedicated bus and sits along a pretty lake. Love getting a standard value room price for a lakeview room!

For your son there is some really cool icons that I think he'll love - Jungle Book characters, Mickey, Roger Rabbit and more. Plus walk around the 70's area and check out the Foosball, Mr & Mrs Potato Head and Twister. But it really gets better. Walk across the bridge to AoA (great food court) and wander around the awesome imagineering there. Carsland area is like being in the movie, the details at all the other areas are incredible.

iPhoneSept292013006.jpg

Definitely Pop. I tried to be open minded and have tried Movies and Sports. I wasn't impressed at all with either. Pop is just better. For me it was cleaner and my kids loved the main pool. The other two were just ok.

It has been a while since I've stayed at ASMO and I've never stayed at Pop. Just based on what I know about Movies and what I've heard about Pop, I would try Pop. The All Star Resorts aren't bad. My son loved the Sports! Have you considered the Sports?

Hi Octoberbaby! :wave:

We stayed in All Star Sports back in 2011 when my son was 3 and he loved it then! I looked to do it again, but it's not available for our dates. :( Long before son was born, when hubby and I went back in 2001 he and I stayed at ASMu and we both LOVED that! I don't think my son would enjoy that one as much though. It looks like Pop might be the one! ::yes::

We really enjoyed our stay at Pop. I have 2 daughters but I think it would be just as enjoyable to a boy as a girl. It seemed really clean, didn't have a problem with noise, the food service, shopping areas and so forth were all very nice, there's an arcade room, nice pools and it has dedicated buses. I think the All Star resorts share buses.

We really enjoyed our stay at Pop. I have 2 daughters but I think it would be just as enjoyable to a boy as a girl. It seemed really clean, didn't have a problem with noise, the food service, shopping areas and so forth were all very nice, there's an arcade room, nice pools and it has dedicated buses. I think the All Star resorts share buses.
Stayed at all star sports for two weeks beginning of November and most often had dedicated buses to the parks. Good thing about sports if they share is its the first one to drop off coming home. Most mornings we skipped the other all stars and went straight to the parks. Pop usually has longer lines because it's a bigger resort. Going back in February to sports

I stayed once at All Stars and regretted it. I love POP and have been there for many years.:thumbsup2

I've stayed in both and prefer POP. I think it looks newer, the landscaping is nice, and you have a choice of 2 food courts (AofA food court is better), with just a little bit of a walk.

All the advice and information has been GREATLY appreciated! I think I might be leaning toward Pop Century as my own vote shows! :rolleyes: Still would love to hear from others.

We stayed at POP last year and are planning on staying there next December for our next trip. It was clean, the ambiance was fun, my dad loved the fact that we were around back at the lake, never had a problem with noise, etc.

The one and only thing we do not like is double beds. We wish there was an option for 2 queens but we are just going to deal.

I would go with a moderate. We will not go back to Pop or ASMo. We would rather stay off site if those were the only two options.

Hi Octoberbaby! :wave:

We stayed in All Star Sports back in 2011 when my son was 3 and he loved it then! I looked to do it again, but it's not available for our dates. :( Long before son was born, when hubby and I went back in 2001 he and I stayed at ASMu and we both LOVED that! I don't think my son would enjoy that one as much though. It looks like Pop might be the one! ::yes::

Bummer! I think you will enjoy either one you choose! You will be at Disney! :goodvibes I hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter