• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop century preferred rooms/requests?

Caryn220

Earning My Ears
Boyfriend and I are going to book this weekend for September. I am paying for a preferred room as I have a bad knee and need to be close to everything. Which section do you think is closer, 70s or 50s? I do not want 60s as it is noisy and closer to the pool.
Is requesting ground floor or any floor but close to the elevator better?
How exactly should I word my request? For example; 50s section, closest to classic hall, ground level, quiet area?
Thank you!

Judging by the property map, the 50s and 70s look like they are equally distant to either side of classic hall; no advantage one over the other. Since the buildings all have elevators, it doesnt' actually matter which floor you request, but close to the elevator would be good to put in the request when you make it. For myself, I would say 50s section close to elevator, then whichever level you would like, and quiet area. That should cover everything. Anyone with more experience at this please chime in!

If there is enough space, I would also include the mobility issue ( or call the reservation line and have a cast member add it ).

Just keep in mind that the more parameters you include in the request, the less likely you’ll get what you want because they don’t know “want” from “need.” Choose the most important request and list that — to me that sounds like “close to elevator” and skip floor request. You could mention the decade you’d like. Since you already have preferred booked, no need to request “close to Classic Hall” and unless you booked preferred pool view, the pool shouldn't be a concern. Adding “quiet” just makes it harder for the assigner to find what you need — would you be ok with a quiet room on the lake end of 60s at the far end of a hallway? Keep it simple.

Enjoy your vacation!

I also have POP reservations in a preferred room and not sure about wording my request

How does this sound “We would like a renovated ground floor corner room”.

I’ve read to keep is short and simple but that feels sort of rude.

Feedback welcome.:earsgirl:

Piggy backing on this post. We also have a preferred room reserved. When making requests it does not give me the option to chose a king bed. Where would I be able to do this?
Thanks.

I would be sure to prioritize it, as you actually have 3 separate requests there. Chances of getting all 3 met are limited, but they may be able to give you 1 or 2 if you prioritize. Otherwise, you could end up with none if the assignees don’t know which is most important to you.

When making requests it does not give me the option to chose a king bed.

There are relatively few king bed rooms that are not HA. You can call to have king noted as a request. Just be prepared that it may well be an accessible room.

Enjoy your vacations!

I also have POP reservations in a preferred room and not sure about wording my request

I’ve read to keep is short and simple but that feels sort of rude.

Feedback welcome.:earsgirl:

That is actually worded perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter