Pop Century Room Renovations

Can I ask how exchanging towels work? And where do you put the trash?

Do you need to call or just used a little sign on the door?

:)
This may have been answered already but just got back yesterday from our 13 night stay. We called housekeeping probably about four times during our trip to ask for various things - more towels, toilet paper, toiletries and trash bags and all were delivered promptly. Once we even came back to our room, without having called to towels and two sets of sheets sitting on the bed.

I don't have enough caffeine to process this . . .So if you want housekeeping one day out of your trip, they give you the gift cards for the entire stay, and then back charge you the $15 on your folio for the one day of housekeeping? Or do they give you the gift cards for the 9 out of 10 days and then charge an additional $15 besides? They aren't charging more than your room rate for any day with housekeeping, right?

Gotta get some caffeine . . .:coffee:
This may have already been answered but just got back from our 13 night stay yesterday. They gave me my gift card up front at check in. They said if I decided I wanted the room serviced during the stay, they would charge $15 per servicing to my credit card on file.

Did you get a refurb room? Did the air mattress fit?
I was in a refurbished room for 13 nights. We did not bring an air mattress but do not see how one would have fit. We had a rental car one day but left it parked at Hollywood Studios and took the bus back for a mid day break. We brought the stroller in the room and barely had room to open the door with the stroller parked between the fold down bed and the window.

Thanks for the update. I'm especially interested in the bridge. We are checking in next Friday. I hope to use the bridge.
I am not sure if this has been answered yet (just got back yesterday from a 13 night stay). On Thursday, we walked the bridge to Art of Animation and a wall had been built down the middle of the bridge, virtually cutting the bridge width in half. But it was still open.

I am not sure if this has been answered yet (just got back yesterday from a 13 night stay). On Thursday, we walked the bridge to Art of Animation and a wall had been built down the middle of the bridge, virtually cutting the bridge width in half. But it was still open.
I was also wondering about the bridge status. Thanks for the update!

Very good news-looks like they "may" not have to close Generation Gap Bridge at all during the construction.:)

Thanks so much! With regard to the beds, this is what I was wondering. We are staying at Pop in November and I have a 5 yo and at the time a 1 yo who right now is on the verge on waking. I am a little worried about the floors with her just learning to walk and her bumping into the bed corners. I'm wondering if I should just request an old room for this trip. Thanks for the review.
We just got back yesterday from a 13 night stay. We left the murphy bed down the entire time. I must have banged my leg into it ten times. I had/have bruises up and down my leg. There is little room to move around with beds both down (especially in between the two beds). However - the beds were so comfortable and I loved having two queen beds.

I always thought that space between dresser and beverage could have been extended and a desk like CSR did ........... but if the murphy bed is down, there truly wouldn't be room to slide your chair in and out. I suppose it could work by connecting door, that would also allow kids to have murphy while a parent used desk by their bed.

Bottom line putting these two queen beds in the room has SHRUNK that room. No joke when I felt like I was on a cruise ship with a few extra feet. For folks who thought those rooms were small before ............. don't book it now.

YES all lights can be on or off. We tried all combinations but that big spotlight serves no purpose.

Let's see if I can get a bath floor photo to load - was hard to get with lighting ... the problem is they are vinyl tiles they laid like ceramic with a "grout". Except it's not real grout it's basically a glue or like silicone caulk. That stuff gets dirty and it's very hard to clean. They should have laid it tight like bedroom but I think then you would see the uneven flooring ... and leveling would have taken longer and cost more.

View attachment 259281 View attachment 259282 View attachment 259283
Yuck. Those tiles look nasty. They should have either put proper tile in or extended flooring from room.

I'm glad it's only me in room. Going with a friend but we have our own rooms.

In your opinion does it look like they are going to keep that narrower opening during construction? I like getting a room at POP near the bridge so we can go to AoA for meals, but if we can't walk over there, I'd rather be near transportation. Thanks for your reports after your recent stay :goodvibes

We will be staying at Pop over Christmas. There will be 4 of us in the room. Will there be room for an air mattress (or 2) if the Murphy bed down? We have 2 teenage DSs, they are not petite

Last edited:
We will be staying at Pop over Christmas. There will be 4 of us in the room. Will there be room for an air mattress (or 2) it's the Murphy bed down? We have 2 teenage DSs, they are not petite

Based on what people have said in the last few days (see the post a few above yours), there is no room for even one air mattress.

ETA: No room for an air mattress in a *refurbished* room. If you're in the current style room, you would be able to use 1 air mattress.

I can see it now-a nice selection of Disney-themed "Shin Guards" will soon be available for purchase at Everything Pop!lol:)
LOL! I was thinking about this too.. especially in my case.. I seem to have a knack of always bumping my body parts.... we requested new rooms, but no I dont know.... It seems like a tight fit, but I also like nice bed, whichs they are reported to be.... at this point.. I am thinking we requested 90s and 80s and if it works out, it works out,, if not then my shins are ok!

Based on what people have said in the last few days (see the post a few above yours), there is no room for even one air mattress.

ETA: No room for an air mattress in a *refurbished* room. If you're in the current style room, you would be able to use 1 air mattress.

I apologize. I tried to search the thread and it wasn't working. I also read through the last few pages and clearly missed it! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Has anyone tried two twin air mattresses without folding down the Murphy? Just wondering if that might be an option for some people. At least they could sleep two kids without them sharing a bed.

We will be staying at Pop over Christmas. There will be 4 of us in the room. Will there be room for an air mattress (or 2) if the Murphy bed down? We have 2 teenage DSs, they are not petite

I don't see one fitting at all, maybe a toddler blowup mattress. The space by door has been severely reduced and now has the beverage center where normally there was additional space. The murphy bed way too long and there is space at end of regular bed ... but imagine part of the mattress will be under bed and part of length in bathroom ... and if anyone on murphy wants to get to bathroom, nope.

Has anyone tried two twin air mattresses without folding down the Murphy? Just wondering if that might be an option for some people. At least they could sleep two kids without them sharing a bed.

Hmm, the tricky part is the table but you may be able to squish them in.

2 times our light above the mirror fell out of its fixture and was danging over the sink. The 2nd time it fell it hit and broke the makeup mirror. My hubby said the screws were too short and they need longer ones to secure the light properly. I really think they rushed these rooms a bit.

There have been rumors lately that Disney is working on getting rid of the classifications for resorts. When you compare the renovations at Coronado and Pop and how similar the rooms now are, this seems very likely once all of the resorts have been finished. We probably won't see a change in the near future, but I'm guessing that will take effect before the 50th anniversary.

I've heard the same rumor, but not sure how that will work with the considerable room size differences (value 260 sq ft, moderate 314, deluxe ~400).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter