Pop Century Room Renovations

Hi everyone. I’m new to the boards. We are going 2/24 to 3/4. We want a refurbished connecting room as close to the bus stops and food as possible. We would even upgrade to preferred, but I don’t want to diminish our chances of a refurbished. What should I request? Building 10?

On other hotels we usually request ground floor because we have strollers. However, since they have elevators would you suggest going to highest floor to decrease noise?

We arrive at the POP on March 3, I was thinking of asking for a room in the 70's, I have a preferred room booked. Would that work for me to get a new room?

We arrive at the POP on March 3, I was thinking of asking for a room in the 70's, I have a preferred room booked. Would that work for me to get a new room?
Currently the only Preferred rooms that have been completed are in the 70's section. There is a small section of the 60's that is currently being worked on but I'm not sure if it includes Preferred rooms nor when it will be open.

It's best to keep an eye on Page 1, Post 2 for the most current refurbishment information.

PS - Just a reminder that requests are not guaranteed to be granted.

Going Sept 16-21 2018. Anyone know the best requests to make to try to get a lake view from a standard room? Thanks.

I have Touring Plans but I'm not sure how to do the room request. Anyone that has it, can you help me with this please. Thanks :)

I have Touring Plans but I'm not sure how to do the room request. Anyone that has it, can you help me with this please. Thanks :)
the way I do it... (Not sure if its the "best" or most efficient...) In my web browser, I create a trip including my resort, reservation number, dates, my name, etc. in my Touring Plans Dash Board page. From there, when viewing the trip there is a button for Request Room. Click it, it will take you to the room finder for the resort, navigate and find the room you want, there is a link to request this room for your trip...

Cool! I bought an annual pass as a treat for me. Also planning a week at end of September for food and wine. Spring trip is to celebrate finishing my radiation treatment (Got 3 weeks left to go).

Same place and time. Also celebrating "No Mo Chemo" or radiation! 2017 was a doozy! Also thinking of an AP for me. Would love to go back in the fall and take my mom at Christmas. Congrats! The end is in sight!

Since a lot of the recent reviews of the renovated rooms mention a layer of black dust on the laminate floors...I figured I'd pick up a pack of wet sweeper cloth refills at the dollar store today. Easily fits in my backpack or carry-on, and there are 10 in a pack, enough for our 6 night trip. Will take a minute to wipe down the floor using my foot, the whole pack only cost a dollar, and I still plan on taking advantage of declining Mousekeeping for a $50 GC.

Of course, now I won't get a renovated room when I check in on Sunday. ha!

Since a lot of the recent reviews of the renovated rooms mention a layer of black dust on the laminate floors...I figured I'd pick up a pack of wet sweeper cloth refills at the dollar store today. Easily fits in my backpack or carry-on, and there are 10 in a pack, enough for our 6 night trip. Will take a minute to wipe down the floor using my foot, the whole pack only cost a dollar, and I still plan on taking advantage of declining Mousekeeping for a $50 GC.

That’s actually a good idea

If you don't get a refurbished room, maybe you can get a mousekeeping job instead. :p

If you don't get a refurbished room, maybe you can get a mousekeeping job instead. :p

If I can get a confirmation that every guest in my assigned building opts out of mousekeeping during my stay...I can certainly moonlight as a mousekeeper for some extra dough. Of course, Disney might take that literally and decide to pay me in churros. But might that be worth it, depending on the exchange rate????:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter