Pop Century Room Renovations

I officially switched our summer trip to two rooms at Pop instead of AoA. I’m so excited! Less money with more and bigger beds that I know are comfortable was too good to pass up! My mom is thrilled to not have to share a bed with my niece too! Only 39 more day!

I'm sorry to be dumb - but if I'm doing online check in - and the only room request that I care about is that we are in a refurbished room, what should I select as my room preference? I really don't care about building or floor, except that it's remodeled. Thanks!

Also - second silly question - if we do online check in - do we still need to go to the front desk or do we just skip it altogether and use our magic bands to open oru room door?

Last edited:
I'm sorry to be dumb - but if I'm doing online check in - and the only room request that I care about is that we are in a refurbished room, what should I select as my room preference? I really don't care about building or floor, except that it's remodeled. Thanks!

If you want a refurbished room skip the Room Request section during Online Check In. Call the Main Reservations line and add a request of "refurbished room please" to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Also - second silly question - if we do online check in - do we still need to go to the front desk or do we just skip it altogether and use our magic bands to open oru room door?

Maybe, maybe not. Not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. Nobody can figure out how they determine who gets to Bypass and who doesn't.

Maybe, maybe not. Not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. Nobody can figure out how they determine who gets to Bypass and who doesn't.

We are doing the on-line check-in for the 1st time next week. How will we know if we get to bypass the front desk?

We are doing the on-line check-in for the 1st time next week. How will we know if we get to bypass the front desk?

On check in day, if you receive a text stating your room is ready with the room number, you can Bypass The Front Desk and head straight to your room.

Last edited:

If you want a refurbished room skip the Room Request section during Online Check In. Call the Main Reservations line and add a request of "refurbished room please" to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

I actually would still fill out the online check in if I were you. Just pick one of the decades that has been completely renovated (60-90s) and have that be your only request.

I actually would still fill out the online check in if I were you. Just pick one of the decades that has been completely renovated (60-90s) and have that be your only request.

I’d call in and leave out online requests. I did online request for 70s both last time and this time. Last time I was put in 60s and this time in 80s. It could be that I requested top floor as my first request and I did get that both times. But if refurbed room is your priority make that your only request and the only way to do that is to call.

Here right now and all of building 1 is closed and torn apart.a worker said maybe another 30 days until finished.
Part of building 3 is closed but looks to be almost done and in the final stages.most rooms look done and only a few have check lists in the windows.this is the section facing the pool.

I’d call in and leave out online requests. I did online request for 70s both last time and this time. Last time I was put in 60s and this time in 80s. It could be that I requested top floor as my first request and I did get that both times. But if refurbed room is your priority make that your only request and the only way to do that is to call.
Would agree. The online doesn’t seem to be working very well. I requested 70’s and got 80’s. The online seems to be keeping people’s second request rather than their first.

Here right now and all of building 1 is closed and torn apart.a worker said maybe another 30 days until finished.
Part of building 3 is closed but looks to be almost done and in the final stages.most rooms look done and only a few have check lists in the windows.this is the section facing the pool.
Thanks for the update. It’s goid to know where things are at.

Have they started anything on building 2? I'm just curious because someone on another board last week said he's there and that Building 3 is almost completely finished but buildings 1 & 2 are completely torn apart. I suspect it was buildings 1 & 3 that he was seeing as being worked on and he wrongly assumed that Building 2 had already been finished (when in reality, it hasn't even been started as far as I know).

But if refurbed room is your priority make that your only request and the only way to do that is to call.
Agree. Also if using a TA, ask her to put your requests in as well. My online requests over the past few years have either been completely ignored or room assigner just couldn't accommodate at all. Since I go to front desk to check in, I usually ask if they can move me at that time. Sometimes they can, but sometimes the inventory is low & there is slim pickings. If you still take a shot at online requests as well as calling/TA, then make sure that your requests are exactly the same & jive so they don't contradict one another.

Have they started anything on building 2? I'm just curious because someone on another board last week said he's there and that Building 3 is almost completely finished but buildings 1 & 2 are completely torn apart. I suspect it was buildings 1 & 3 that he was seeing as being worked on and he wrongly assumed that Building 2 had already been finished (when in reality, it hasn't even been started as far as I know).
The only 2 buildings I saw being worked on today were the ones I posted about.
Edit to add...I'm not sure about building 2 I cant remember seeing it.

This sounds promising for our mid-July visit w/ a standard pool view! It is my dd's 17th birthday and she loves Lady & the Tramp so a 50s room would be ideal for us! :-)

This sounds promising for our mid-July visit w/ a standard pool view! It is my dd's 17th birthday and she loves Lady & the Tramp so a 50s room would be ideal for us! :-)
Same for us. We arrive end of Aug. so at this pace all avail rooms should be new.

The only 2 buildings I saw being worked on today were the ones I posted about.
Edit to add...I'm not sure about building 2 I cant remember seeing it.
Building two is at the top of the bowling pin pool. It makes sense you wouldn't have seen/,noticed it unless you boot closer to it, or at least hung around that pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter