Pop Century Room Renovations

We asked one of the housekeepers for extra bath towels. Folded them, tucked into the corners under the mattress so the wooden corners were covered. No cost and didn't take up precious space in our suitcases. We walked into those towels many times.
do u mean just let the towel hang over the edge of the bed to cover the corner??

do u mean just let the towel hang over the edge of the bed to cover the corner??

Yup, that's exactly what I did. The towels are thick enough when folded to provide good cushioning. So be sure to fold enough to prevent injury. It doesn't hang down to the floor, only just enough to cover the wood corners.

So are all preferred rooms renovated? As in if they are I would totally pay to upgrade from my standard pool view if possible! A renovated room is a must! I seriously don't know how I could sleep in a double with my big,tall husband! I'm getting worried..:scared:

So are all preferred rooms renovated? As in if they are I would totally pay to upgrade from my standard pool view if possible! A renovated room is a must! I seriously don't know how I could sleep in a double with my big,tall husband! I'm getting worried..:scared:
When is your trip? Statistically there are more standard rooms than any other type.

All preferred rooms are now refurbished or, closed for refurbishment.

When is your trip? Statistically there are more standard rooms than any other type.

All preferred rooms are now refurbished or, closed for refurbishment.

June 28th, and earlier you mentioned watching to see if the buildings closed, but I don't want to take any chances of getting a room with double beds if at all possible.

June 28th, and earlier you mentioned watching to see if the buildings closed, but I don't want to take any chances of getting a room with double beds if at all possible.

As before, I would recommend keeping an eye on Post #2. (It was updated yesterday) Post #2 clearly indicates the state of refurbished rooms as of yesterday. Nobody really knows what will be open or closed when you go so only you can truly decide what's best for you.

As before, I would recommend keeping an eye on Post #2. (It was updated yesterday) Post #2 clearly indicates the state of refurbished rooms as of yesterday. Nobody really knows what will be open or closed when you go so only you can truly decide what's best for you.

Yes, it looks like that's what I'm gonna have to do anyway, no more preferred rooms available with my package! fingers crossed!

Sorry, just one more question! From looking at the views on the first page its seems that I could be guaranteed to get a refurbished room if I booked preferred pool view since it appears those are all 60's rooms, is that correct?

All you have to do is check in at the desk when you arrive and ask them if the room you are assigned is refurbished. If not, they will seriously try to find you one. Pop has some of the best CM's working the desk.
Don't wait for the room ready text. Be pro active. Just ask nicely. Easy peasy.

All you have to do is check in at the desk when you arrive and ask them if the room you are assigned is refurbished. If not, they will seriously try to find you one. Pop has some of the best CM's working the desk.
Don't wait for the room ready text. Be pro active. Just ask nicely. Easy peasy.
We have always been able to switch rooms when asking nicely. There was one time at AKL that we had to wait one night, but we still were able to switch to a new room the rest of our stay. The CMs in the Pop gift shop are great, too! Very friendly and very fun to trade pins with!

Weird, but why is there an option to pick 60's section for a preferred pool view room if all all rooms are in that section?

There are options during Online Check In for just about every resort that don't make sense. Like "near elevator" at CBR which only has 2 story buildings with no elevator. Or sections of the resort that only have a certain room type yet everyone staying there has that option. It's one of the reasons why I always call in my requests then skip that section during Online Check In.

just back from a split stay with the first part at pop. we stayed in a refurbished room and it was great. really loving the hard floors instead of the iffy carpet, lol. the shower was a tub/shower combo and had sliding doors. one really nice change is the pocket door in the bathroom so you no longer have to back into the toilet to open the bathroom door. those new pocket doors are really well designed, even with a soft closure so it doesn't bang as you slide it. i did constantly hit my leg on the corner of the bed platform. we stayed in 60's . we have stayed there before and really like it. bus service was great as it always has been during our pop stays. we did get a gift card for skipping housekeeping, but then one day we were taking a nap, dead asleep with the do not disturb card on the door, around 3:30 pm when housekeeping banged loudly on the door wanting a room check. we were on a 4 day stay and were checking out the next morning so this was not a welcome intrusion, especially since we had just exchanged linens with one of the staff an hour before. could they not have taken a peek then???? i think they need to work on that system. all in all it was a very good stay though. i just hope the rates do not go up now that the rooms are nicer!

just back from a split stay with the first part at pop. we stayed in a refurbished room and it was great. really loving the hard floors instead of the iffy carpet, lol. the shower was a tub/shower combo and had sliding doors. one really nice change is the pocket door in the bathroom so you no longer have to back into the toilet to open the bathroom door. those new pocket doors are really well designed, even with a soft closure so it doesn't bang as you slide it. i did constantly hit my leg on the corner of the bed platform. we stayed in 60's . we have stayed there before and really like it. bus service was great as it always has been during our pop stays. we did get a gift card for skipping housekeeping, but then one day we were taking a nap, dead asleep with the do not disturb card on the door, around 3:30 pm when housekeeping banged loudly on the door wanting a room check. we were on a 4 day stay and were checking out the next morning so this was not a welcome intrusion, especially since we had just exchanged linens with one of the staff an hour before. could they not have taken a peek then???? i think they need to work on that system. all in all it was a very good stay though. i just hope the rates do not go up now that the rooms are nicer!
Glad you had such a great trip and enjoyed the new rooms! Would you mind sharing your room number and I will use your info to update the shower/Tub thread we have created for the refurbished rooms?

What you experienced your last day was the new security checks that were put in place after the tragedy in Las Vegas last fall. All rooms are being checked daily to ensure safety for all guests. It is a process that many like yourselves feel needs refinement. The check had nothing to really do with housekeeping and everything to do with guest security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter