• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

We've been DVC members for nearly 20 years now, and when we run out of points we stay at Pop! Now that the beds will be queens and there will be a coffee pot in the room, we have little reason to pay for a moderate (like CSR, where we stayed last time - enjoyed it, but if we can't have our DVC 1-bedroom with full kitchen and washer/dryer, Pop is fine!).
I think that is what our plan will be too,, split stays if need be.

You're quite right about this - especially at Disney Springs! Oye, that's a long one!!

I used to think that, why in heavens name they had to go all the way around Disney Springs to get to Disney Springs never made sense. Having said that I don't find the ride long now at all, especially now that they have the designated bus lanes. Its pretty much straight down and straight back and there is no having to battle the cars. Not long at all.

I used to think that, why in heavens name they had to go all the way around Disney Springs to get to Disney Springs never made sense. Having said that I don't find the ride long now at all, especially now that they have the designated bus lanes. Its pretty much straight down and straight back and there is no having to battle the cars. Not long at all.

Yes, you're quite right that the dedicated bus lines do make the drive easier.

I was speaking of the long walk from where you exit the Disney Springs shopping area to Pop Century's bus stop. It can be quite a hike after a fun time of shopping and/or dining.

I don't believe it will be as my understanding is that Building 10 was started first and it doesn't seem to be close to opening yet.
Before the hurricane hit I walked by some of the rooms and some were scheduled to be handed over like on 9/9 to 9-11 on one wing, but then you go around the corner and some of the rooms are stipped down to the studs, so I think with the structure issue they ran into on the other building, they are taking extra precautions when doing the rooms and they will be taking a little more time then they initially anticipated, so I believe you are correct.

As I typed that I knew I would be missing PoP, but I had been wanting to try one of the other resorts for a while. I knew it was time to move on,,,, for now.

Even though we're long-term DVC members often run out of points, don't close the door lol

We've been DVC members for nearly 20 years now, and when we run out of points we stay at Pop! Now that the beds will be queens and there will be a coffee pot in the room, we have little reason to pay for a moderate (like CSR, where we stayed last time - enjoyed it, but if we can't have our DVC 1-bedroom with full kitchen and washer/dryer, Pop is fine!).

When i am out of points, I prefer offsite over a value (Bonnet Creek or hilton DTD typically). My traveling companions ofen will lobby for the onsite experience as they don't visit as often, i get it. I do refuse to pay the rates for the mods. ASMu usually our go-to compromise. I couldn't pass up the chance for Queen beds in the Pop renovated rooms and switched as soon as openings popped up.:)

Requested bldg 7 as parking is close & not too far to the bus stop

We were there last when the bowling pin pool was under rehab, never a great stay when a resort is a work zone. Hoping it's not quite as obtrusive for our upcoming trip.

Even though we're long-term DVC members often run out of points, don't close the door lol

When i am out of points, I prefer offsite over a value (Bonnet Creek or hilton DTD typically). My traveling companions ofen will lobby for the onsite experience as they don't visit as often, i get it. I do refuse to pay the rates for the mods. ASMu usually our go-to compromise. I couldn't pass up the chance for Queen beds in the Pop renovated rooms and switched as soon as openings popped up.:)

Requested bldg 7 as parking is close & not too far to the bus stop

We were there last when the bowling pin pool was under rehab, never a great stay when a resort is a work zone. Hoping it's not quite as obtrusive for our upcoming trip.
Just a question but don't DVC members get discounts on regular rooms too.

No, we don't! We can sometimes get a discount on cash reservations for DVC rooms but it depends on availability (cash inventory is completely separate from points inventory). We've booked our cash stays with AP discounts.

No, we don't! We can sometimes get a discount on cash reservations for DVC rooms but it depends on availability (cash inventory is completely separate from points inventory). We've booked our cash stays with AP discounts.
Hmm interesting. I thought they said we could, but oh well. it still works for me. Thank you for the update.

In theory, yes. When I check rates on MDE am urged to sign in for both DVC & AP. I've yet to see a DVC discount and I've been a member a long time.

Hmm interesting. I thought they said we could, but oh well. it still works for me. Thank you for the update.

Keep checking, never know. I usually don't start looking for a room via CRO until a few months out or even less. Pop pickings are usually slim out of the values and rates tend to be slightly higher.

I received email today too for 10/15 arrival. (See below):

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Pop Century Resort!

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we have embarked on creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World® Resort while traveling via gondolas. This transportation system will connect future Guests of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort with Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, the International Gateway at Epcot® and other Resorts.

While we work our magic, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available to you, including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations. It is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-7805 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

General Manager Jeff Korte and the team at Disney's Pop Century Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

In theory, yes. When I check rates on MDE am urged to sign in for both DVC & AP. I've yet to see a DVC discount and I've been a member a long time.

Keep checking, never know. I usually don't start looking for a room via CRO until a few months out or even less. Pop pickings are usually slim out of the values and rates tend to be slightly higher.

I received email today too for 10/15 arrival. (See below):

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Pop Century Resort!

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we have embarked on creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World® Resort while traveling via gondolas. This transportation system will connect future Guests of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort with Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, the International Gateway at Epcot® and other Resorts.

While we work our magic, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available to you, including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations. It is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-7805 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

General Manager Jeff Korte and the team at Disney's Pop Century Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Does anyone else read that as the Skyliner is for A of A guests and not specifically POP guests. Which is weird as this was sent to a POP guest. (I got the same for my Dec trip).

Does anyone else read that as the Skyliner is for A of A guests and not specifically POP guests. Which is weird as this was sent to a POP guest. (I got the same for my Dec trip).

Disney does not create its transportation systems as resort specific. All guests (including those staying off site) are welcome to use their transportation systems. That being said, all guests will be welcome to use the gondola system.

The way it's worded is odd. They do make it sound as if it's just for AofA guests. If you've never been to either resort, you probably wouldn't realize it's accessible to both Pop and AofA.

I think it's a case of lack of proofreading on Disney's part. They probably used the message created for AoA and forgot to change the name of the resort to Pop when sending it to the Pop guests. I don't think there's any hidden meaning or anything going on here. It's been very clear in press releases and other media that the Skyliner will service both Pop & AoA as well as CBR & the new DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter