• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

I'm out of the loop. What is this about? :confused3

There is a gift card offer available should you choose not to have your room cleaned each night. You receive a $10 credit for each night of your stay minus 1 as they need to clean your room at the end of your stay. If your stay is greater than 5 nights they automatically clean your room on the 5th day but you are not charged for this.

During your stay, if you accept the offer but need additional towels, toiletries or coffee just call housekeeping and they will deliver them to you. Not sure what happens with garbage. Can't remember what others have said.

I know there have been a lot of posts saying the room request section of online check in isn’t working. I just did online check in for my next trip, and the drop down menus worked just fine. It let me put in a request for 80’s and one for 90’s. Now, I have never had any luck changing the requests once I finish the initial check in, even at other resorts - and maybe that has been what is causing some hiccups for others. But I just wanted to share that I was able to put in my requests as part of online check in.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a refurbished room! :flower1:

They really weren't working for a while (it wasn't user error), but many have reported they began working today. My online checkin sections also began working today. As have a ton of other Disney site features that weren't working properly.

There is a gift card offer available should you choose not to have your room cleaned each night. You receive a $10 credit for each night of your stay minus 1 as they need to clean your room at the end of your stay. If your stay is greater than 5 nights they automatically clean your room on the 5th day but you are not charged for this.

During your stay, if you accept the offer but need additional towels, toiletries or coffee just call housekeeping and they will deliver them to you. Not sure what happens with garbage. Can't remember what others have said.

Thanks for the info! I had no idea about that.

They really weren't working for a while (it wasn't user error), but many have reported they began working today. My online checkin sections also began working today. As have a ton of other Disney site features that weren't working properly.
We aren't going until the end of February and app let me add check-in information today. When I went on the website it said I wasn't in the 60 day window. I'm not sure what's going on with the app, but it only let me add things like phone # for room text message and pin numbers for my party. Now it says they received my check-in information. Have I really even checked-in? I wasn't able to do location requests or anything.

They told me when I took advantage of the offer that if I wanted them to take the trash I had to leave the trash cans right next to the door as they would not take more than a couple steps into the room.
I will say that while I love the idea of this new program I had issues with it. I never actually got the gift card so after talking with the front desk a few times they finally just credited my room with the amount I was supposed to get. This was fine with me as I was going to use the card for room charges but not everyone may like that if they have this issue. Also had the housekeeping keep coming in even though they weren't supposed to. I think it was 3 of the 5 nights we stayed that they came in and cleaned which seems fine but we didn't prepare at all so laptops and ipads were left out. I think they still have some kinks to work out.

I was looking at the discounts that were just released for my March trip and noticed that the discount at Pop applies only to the preferred location rooms, not the standard. I'm guessing that's a clue that the preferred rooms won't be refurbished by March. I doubt they'll have much trouble filling the refurbished rooms even without a discount!

We aren't going until the end of February and app let me add check-in information today. When I went on the website it said I wasn't in the 60 day window. I'm not sure what's going on with the app, but it only let me add things like phone # for room text message and pin numbers for my party. Now it says they received my check-in information. Have I really even checked-in? I wasn't able to do location requests or anything.
I know I'm replying to myself, but it's actually letting me pick my location requests online. I still have 146 days left.

this is purely a guess but I'm wondering if this person is staying in a room that begins with 7? They might assume those rooms are the 70's section when in reality those rooms are in the 80's section.
Just checked Passporter thread, I had asked poster to double check if she was in 70’s. She answered and she is in fact in building 7 in 80’s :rolleyes: I was so excited for a moment.

They told me when I took advantage of the offer that if I wanted them to take the trash I had to leave the trash cans right next to the door as they would not take more than a couple steps into the room.
I will say that while I love the idea of this new program I had issues with it. I never actually got the gift card so after talking with the front desk a few times they finally just credited my room with the amount I was supposed to get. This was fine with me as I was going to use the card for room charges but not everyone may like that if they have this issue. Also had the housekeeping keep coming in even though they weren't supposed to. I think it was 3 of the 5 nights we stayed that they came in and cleaned which seems fine but we didn't prepare at all so laptops and ipads were left out. I think they still have some kinks to work out.
Anyone confused about whether to opt-out or opt-in Mousekeeping because of inconsistencies? I have been reading this thread since before the first trial and it seems like those who opt-out get Mousekeeping even when they aren’t supposed to and those who want to keep Mousekeeping have a hard time to get their room done? How many received the level of service they actually had chosen?

Anyone confused about whether to opt-out or opt-in Mousekeeping because of inconsistencies? I have been reading this thread since before the first trial and it seems like those who opt-out get Mousekeeping even when they aren’t supposed to and those who want to keep Mousekeeping have a hard time to get their room done? How many received the level of service they actually had chosen?
I don't see it being an issue for me. If I opt out and get the gift card (or credit toward the room as one guest received) then I will have no problem if they decide to clean our room. I won't be leaving any valuables out regardless. Getting the gift card/credit AND having someone come in and clean the room anyway is a bonus.

I am rethinking my reservation. I was under the impression the construction was working from the 90s through the 50s in order and it all would be done by May 2018. I figured that meant there was a very good chance buildings 4 and 5 would be completed by our trip in April so I took advantage of the preferred pool view room discount when it came out earlier this week. Having a renovated room is more important to me than being next to the pool so I'm wondering if I should switch my reservation back to a preferred room (even though it would be slightly more expensive)

Maybe? I have room reservations for Jan and Feb, and I also saw the button available for online checkin under each res. I didn't complete checkin.

I would guess that if it is a glitch, they'll fix it, and clear out any checkin info before your actual 60 day window opens.

Or maybe they're purposefully extending online checkin to reaaaaally far out :scared:

Kind of feel like it's an unintended side effect of having fixed the room request dropdown menus under online checkin. Seems unlikely to be a new feature, to allow checkin so very far in advance.

I am rethinking my reservation. I was under the impression the construction was working from the 90s through the 50s in order and it all would be done by May 2018. I figured that meant there was a very good chance buildings 4 and 5 would be completed by our trip in April so I took advantage of the preferred pool view room discount when it came out earlier this week. Having a renovated room is more important to me than being next to the pool so I'm wondering if I should switch my reservation back to a preferred room (even though it would be slightly more expensive)
At the rate things are going I'm not sure Building 5 will be renovated by April. If Building 6 starts Nov 1 (seems likely) then it could be done by end of Jan (3 full months). Which means that Building 5 (if building are being done in order) could start beginning of Feb and could be done by end of April (3 full months). Eeek. Not looking good. Sorry. I wouldn't make any decisions yet though.

Maybe? I have room reservations for Jan and Feb, and I also saw the button available for online checkin under each res. I didn't complete checkin.

I would guess that if it is a glitch, they'll fix it, and clear out any checkin info before your actual 60 day window opens.

Or maybe they're purposefully extending online checkin to reaaaaally far out :scared:

Kind of feel like it's an unintended side effect of having fixed the room request dropdown menus under online checkin. Seems unlikely to be a new feature, to allow checkin so very far in advance.
I called to let them know and they didn’t say anything about how early I was able to check in. I thought that was weird. I bet it’s a glitch so I’ll keep an eye on it.

I called to let them know and they didn’t say anything about how early I was able to check in. I thought that was weird. I bet it’s a glitch so I’ll keep an eye on it.

That is strange. And yet, not unheard of with CMs at Disney, lol.

In trying to fix the room request section, they have now broke all of Online Check In. It's okay if you complete Online Check In earlier than 60 days out but you're probably going to have to do it again at 60 days.

I’m not confused, I definitely want housekeeping. I hope it’s not going to be a problem getting it!

I’m not confused, I definitely want housekeeping. I hope it’s not going to be a problem getting it!

I'm only going to be there 4 nights, so it really isn't worth it to opt out of housekeeping because I would just get $20, right? My last short stay at POP was also 4 nights and one afternoon I just told the housekeeping that I didn't need her services for that day but could I have more soaps and stuff. :o I kind of a Disney soap/shampoo hoarder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter