Pop Century Room Renovations

Has anyone checked into a renovated standard room in building 10 yet? I see some people checked into preferred rooms and am wondering if the standard rooms are the ones still under construction.

Has anyone checked into a renovated standard room in building 10 yet? I see some people checked into preferred rooms and am wondering if the standard rooms are the ones still under construction.
I'm wondering the same...hopefully we'll get an update sometime soon!

I don't believe our room is a preferred one? We are in room 234. And yes our room is renovated.

Ok nope just checked out a map. Our room is not in the preferred section.

I know plenty of people have mentioned that the online check in drop downs haven't worked, but is this just a POP thing or across the resorts? I just wonder if its just a POP thing they gave up until the reno is done as 85% of people want a new room and that wasn't an option anyway LOL

I have 3 resort stays in MDE and none of them are working. My previous requests are gone.

Thanks everyone staying at Pop for keeping us updated!! I am so excited about the reopening of building 10. It increases our chances of getting a refurbished room. I'd love to stay in building 10, but I'm just hopeful for any refurbished room!

Well I’m here at Pop!

Got a refurbished room! I got Building 10! They gave me the same new room (standard) for all 16 nights of our stay!

I love the room. It feels so clean and organized. I’m not sure how clean the floor is because I brought cheap slippers with us. I plan to just throw them away and not bring them back home.

I also wiped all the light switches, handles, and bath fixtures with Clorox wipes.

At first, my younger daughter (tween) wasn’t as happy with my surprise of a refurbished room. She’s very sentimental and expected the old rooms. I guess it didn’t feel like Pop to her. But once we opened the Murphy bed and she saw Pluto she liked that.

I LOVE the storage in the bathroom. All our toiletries etc fit great. I would have liked a bit more storage IN the shower for shampoos and shavers etc but I can’t complain.

I took a couple of pics of how we laid out our stuff in bathroom and on dresser etc.

We have not unpacked clothes yet so I don’t know how that storage works for us yet.

Also, they changed the Housekeeping Offer again. Now it’s Take it or Leave it.

You either decline housekeeping for your entire (stay minus checkout day) or you get your room serviced every day.

We opted out and got our $150 gift card email soon after we were in our room.

We are very neat and I hate clutter so I don’t feel it’s an issue for us to not have housekeeping.

We all slept in today. We don’t do the parks on weekends so we are heading out to just relax and enjoy our day soon.

I’ll see if I can find out anything about Building 6 and the rest of Building 10, etc while I’m here.

Attachments

• 2B1B3A51-64B6-44A3-8ED9-FE29D0397397.jpeg
    2B1B3A51-64B6-44A3-8ED9-FE29D0397397.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 146
  • 8A79B522-EF5C-40E5-AD22-3A16507DDC17.jpeg
    8A79B522-EF5C-40E5-AD22-3A16507DDC17.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 149
Well I’m here at Pop!

Got a refurbished room! I got Building 10! They gave me the same new room (standard) for all 16 nights of our stay!

I love the room. It feels so clean and organized. I’m not sure how clean the floor is because I brought cheap slippers with us. I plan to just throw them away and not bring them back home.

I also wiped all the light switches, handles, and bath fixtures with Clorox wipes.

At first, my younger daughter (tween) wasn’t as happy with my surprise of a refurbished room. She’s very sentimental and expected the old rooms. I guess it didn’t feel like Pop to her. But once we opened the Murphy bed and she saw Pluto she liked that.

I LOVE the storage in the bathroom. All our toiletries etc fit great. I would have liked a bit more storage IN the shower for shampoos and shavers etc but I can’t complain.

I took a couple of pics of how we laid out our stuff in bathroom and on dresser etc.

We have not unpacked clothes yet so I don’t know how that storage works for us yet.

You either decline housekeeping for your entire (stay minus checkout day) or you get your room serviced every day.

We are very neat and I hate clutter so I don’t feel it’s an issue for us to not have housekeeping.

We all slept in today. We don’t do the parks on weekends so we are heading out to just relax and enjoy our day soon.

I’ll see if I can find out anything about Building 6 and the rest of Building 10, etc while I’m here.
Thanks for posting this! So exciting that you got a room in building 10!! Let us know if you find out anything about the rest of 10 and/or 6. Enjoy your trip!!

Well I’m here at Pop!

really happy you got the refurbished room in building 10!!! :cool1: have a great trip!

p.s. I do the same w/ flip flops and clorox wipes :)

Just clicked on post #2. Am I missing the resort map with room categories?

It is right under the updates.

popcenturymap2012roomcategoriesfinal-jpg.281345

The picture is not displaying. Just shows up as a little blue box with a question mark in it.

Glad it's not just me? I checked on Firefox and on MS Edge browsers, not showing up on either. Maybe my computer hates Pop maps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter