• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Okay Building 5

L facing the lake like I said just finishing paint. Not sure about white thick board, precut and numbered so maybe bathroom storage. Rolling in heavy boxes thinking bathroom floor tile and had cart of mirrors. No flooring in so quite a ways to go ... may be same on other L based on how it looked.

Facing pool

Part close to lake much farther to go. Floors in and bath sinks but messy and looks like some water damage as front of building and interior walls removed. I was hoping that farther along. (Now thinking that additional construction work that creates flush doors may be to add some accessible rooms if they weren't already).

Part close to food court, curtains in but still variety of levels of furnishing. Lots working there one photo shows stacks of drawers outside. Looking up appears to be curtains on at least 3 floors. Right now none of building open.

B8119D0A-678F-4A9A-A3B1-BFB572DE38FB.jpeg4DA14492-01FB-4FA5-A220-D859903F52C4.jpeg308B4E0C-1D00-437D-A7C5-3DC61808D5F8.jpeg

This is actually room closest to food court.

4DDAF5B8-A0A0-4B2E-92B5-5C0E52230F47.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay Building 5

L facing the lake like I said just finishing paint. Not sure about white thick board, precut and numbered so maybe bathroom storage. Rolling in heavy boxes thinking bathroom floor tile and had cart of mirrors. No flooring in so quite a ways to go ... may be same on other L based on how it looked.

Facing pool

Part close to lake much farther to go. Floors in and bath sinks but messy and looks like some water damage as front of building and interior walls removed. I was hoping that farther along.

Part close to food court, curtains in but still variety of levels of furnishing. Lots working there one photo shows stacks of drawers outside. Looking up appears to be curtains on at least 3 floors. Right now none of building open.

View attachment 297473View attachment 297474View attachment 297477

View attachment 297478
The white board on the cart looks like the closet in pieces.

Were those rooms with the new outer walls/front doors always bigger? The doors are not at an angle. Accessible rooms, maybe?

Thanks for all of the updates HopperFan! We just left Pop but plan to be back in June.

Are you SURE that Pop Century isn't actually your "Magic Kingdom", and those other four WDW parks are merely just an enjoyable break from the Pop resort? :duck:

Good catch, probably accessible. Inside drywall was ripped out but you could see steel studs.
Based on what I think are the steel studs on the third picture this would be the part of the room that was previously outside, so they have to put in an extra piece of wall.
I can imagine the murphy bed ate away a good chunk of maneuvering space with the angled doors, especially now that they have queen beds. This would create extra room.

Okay Building 5

Facing pool

Part close to lake much farther to go. Floors in and bath sinks but messy and looks like some water damage as front of building and interior walls removed. I was hoping that farther along.

View attachment 297473View attachment 297474View attachment 297477

View attachment 297478

We noticed that some of those rooms seem to be losing the bump ins where the door was on an angle, but not ALL of them, only a few. Any idea what that's all about (I can see it in your picture, which reminded me to ask).

Were those rooms with the new outer walls/front doors always bigger? The doors are not at an angle. Accessible rooms, maybe?
Great catch!!

We noticed that some of those rooms seem to be losing the bump ins where the door was on an angle, but not ALL of them, only a few. Any idea what that's all about (I can see it in your picture, which reminded me to ask).
As @CosmicGirl mentioned, these are probable accessible rooms, bumping out the doors allows extra maneuverability as some of the space was lost due to the beds being upgraded to Queen size.

Great catch!!

As @CosmicGirl mentioned, these are probable accessible rooms, bumping out the doors allows extra maneuverability as some of the space was lost due to the beds being upgraded to Queen size.

With murphy up there is tons of room, and should be even better in a king room. I’m thinking they are just adding more accessible rooms as I imagine the demand is becoming higher.

27393796_10155557724744102_245091070_o.jpg

27393500_10155557724624102_962231247_o.jpg

Last edited:
I recently saw a video that someone had posted of a renovated room. Does anyone have the link to this video? Thanks!

So I see the first post was updated, so happy that the entire 70's sections is done. I did on-line check-in and requested a room in the 70's, also have a preferred room booked too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter