Pop Century Room Renovations

is that the map thats on page one of this thread or is there a totally different one that im missing?!
Yes, look at the top of the map for the meaning of the coloured lines that represent the room categories.

Well, you might (emphasis on the might) be able to squeeze one child size air bed in if the 10 year old is on the smaller side. We have not had a connecting room, and there might have been enough room for a small child air bed either along the window wall or where a connecting door would be. Maybe someone who is there now can measure those two spots with the murphy down to give you a better idea. A regular twin would not fit though.
Not sure about below the window but an air mattress would not fit in the area where connecting door goes. We placed our 2 chairs there plus a carry-on suitcase standing up and the space was pretty much filled.

Yay!!! I have a preferred room in April and that's leaves only one building without a refurb available so increases my odds!!
We just got home today (very sad) but I really did enjoy the new rooms. There is so much space and I loved the little pops of color (pun intended). There were things I didn’t like about the rooms like the smell of the conditioner and shampoo but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

Yay!!! I have a preferred room in April and that's leaves only one building without a refurb available so increases my odds!!

I think you can plan on Bldg 1 and 3 not being available. They just started 3 this week and we're not sure which rooms will be finished first ... and a building with the fewest Preferred rooms ... at the shortest time frame so far they would not open until May. Bldg 4 will really depend on the speed they work and which rooms they open first. It seemed they started the standard rooms first there (I was there when they started) so it's a tough call on that one.

Preferred in 5, 6, and 10 for sure open. :thumbsup2

I think you can plan on Bldg 1 and 3 not being available. They just started 3 this week and we're not sure which rooms will be finished first ... and a building with the fewest Preferred rooms ... at the shortest time frame so far they would not open until May. Bldg 4 will really depend on the speed they work and which rooms they open first. It seemed they started the standard rooms first there (I was there when they started) so it's a tough call on that one.

Preferred in 5, 6, and 10 for sure open. :thumbsup2
I had a standard in December and scored building 10 so fingers crossed for a repeat in April

We have a standard room for the last week of July so with the update it looks like by then, all should be rehabbed except buildings 1 and 2! That is great news for us getting a refurbished room. Great job on updating, I check regularly!!

We just returned from a wonderful trip just the hubby and me. We got two of our requests, refrub room and non connecting. We received our room text before we arrived. I pulled up the map and even though it was on the first floor (asked for top floor) and 90's section (asked for 80's) we decided to keep it. It didn't have alot of foot traffic and it parking was close to the room. We just parked and walked right over with our luggage. I was a little confused though with why a section of building 9 was closed off and being worked on. Any way, loved the new room. Just a couple of cons: I didn't like the floor, had to have socks on the whole time or I felt like I was sticking to the floor. I also didn't like the smell of the products available in the shower. Our room had the shower, no tub but was ok with us because we are shower people. I loved how much room we had and all the extras. There was a noise I heard each night that I can't explain. It sounded like rain on the roof but I know that couldn't be since we were on the first floor. Any ideas? We had a great time, we'll diffently have to do a couples only trip again. If any questions please ask and I"ll try and answer.

Yes, look at the top of the map for the meaning of the coloured lines that represent the room categories.

Not sure about below the window but an air mattress would not fit in the area where connecting door goes. We placed our 2 chairs there plus a carry-on suitcase standing up and the space was pretty much filled.

Okay, I think I've got it! I found a foam mattress that is 25" wide at Amazon. I'm thinking it can fit on the floor at the end of a bed (possibly can even be partially under the pull-down bed? I mean just a couple inches or so of the mattress, not enough so that the person on the floor would hit her head or anything like that), just while we sleep. We will need 2 rooms and hopefully will get connecting rooms. I'm confident we can figure something out one way or another. If it absolutely won't fit, the girls will just have to tough it out sharing a bed. During the day we can either store it under or on top of the fixed queen bed.
Edit: I'll probably have it shipped from Amazon. I know there's a fee (still $5?).

Okay, I think I've got it! I found a foam mattress that is 25" wide at Amazon. I'm thinking it can fit on the floor at the end of a bed (possibly can even be partially under the pull-down bed? I mean just a couple inches or so of the mattress, not enough so that the person on the floor would hit her head or anything like that), just while we sleep. We will need 2 rooms and hopefully will get connecting rooms. I'm confident we can figure something out one way or another. If it absolutely won't fit, the girls will just have to tough it out sharing a bed. During the day we can either store it under or on top of the fixed queen bed.
Edit: I'll probably have it shipped from Amazon. I know there's a fee (still $5?).
Yes, the fee is still $5

We just returned from a wonderful trip just the hubby and me. We got two of our requests, refrub room and non connecting. We received our room text before we arrived. I pulled up the map and even though it was on the first floor (asked for top floor) and 90's section (asked for 80's) we decided to keep it. It didn't have alot of foot traffic and it parking was close to the room. We just parked and walked right over with our luggage. I was a little confused though with why a section of building 9 was closed off and being worked on. Any way, loved the new room. Just a couple of cons: I didn't like the floor, had to have socks on the whole time or I felt like I was sticking to the floor. I also didn't like the smell of the products available in the shower. Our room had the shower, no tub but was ok with us because we are shower people. I loved how much room we had and all the extras. There was a noise I heard each night that I can't explain. It sounded like rain on the roof but I know that couldn't be since we were on the first floor. Any ideas? We had a great time, we'll diffently have to do a couples only trip again. If any questions please ask and I"ll try and answer.
I completely agree with you about both of the things you mentioned. No one in our family liked the product smells in the bathroom. Our 9 yo niece brought her own shampoo/conditioner and used that first thing because she said the smell was nasty. I mainly didn’t like the floors in the bathroom because with them being so light colored we could see hair everywhere.

One thing I forgot to mention in my short review was that our room was in building 10 on the backside by the parking lot. At first, our niece was a little sad we weren’t by the lake, but she quickly forgot about that when she realized how close we were to the buses. I would definitely pick our location again vs lake view for the quick access to the buses. We also thought it was extremely quiet where we were.

I can’t remember if it was here or the other thread that was talking about connecting rooms.. we have one and I haven’t heard legit a peep from the person next to us! I literally don’t even remember that it’s a connector until I see the door.

One thing I forgot to mention in my short review was that our room was in building 10 on the backside by the parking lot. At first, our niece was a little sad we weren’t by the lake, but she quickly forgot about that when she realized how close we were to the buses. I would definitely pick our location again vs lake view for the quick access to the buses. We also thought it was extremely quiet where we were.
Hmmmm you have me rethinking my room request in building 6 now....

Hmmmm you have me rethinking my room request in building 6 now....
I can’t express how nice it was to be so close to the buses. We had room 0435 so only one room away from the corner by the parking lot. We didn’t hear anyone next to us and the top floor was great too. Will you mostly be in the parks?

We just got home today (very sad) but I really did enjoy the new rooms. There is so much space and I loved the little pops of color (pun intended). There were things I didn’t like about the rooms like the smell of the conditioner and shampoo but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

I completely agree with you about both of the things you mentioned. No one in our family liked the product smells in the bathroom. Our 9 yo niece brought her own shampoo/conditioner and used that first thing because she said the smell was nasty. I mainly didn’t like the floors in the bathroom because with them being so light colored we could see hair everywhere.

Interestingly, the new dispenser shampoo used is the same/similar H2O Sea Marine shampoo that's used on Disney Cruise Line.

I can’t express how nice it was to be so close to the buses. We had room 0435 so only one room away from the corner by the parking lot. We didn’t hear anyone next to us and the top floor was great too. Will you mostly be in the parks?
Yes mostly in the parks and probably heading to the food court on our way to the buses most mornings so maybe building 6 will still be ok for us.

Interestingly, the new dispenser shampoo used is the same/similar H2O Sea Marine shampoo that's used on Disney Cruise Line.
I remember reading that. I just did not like the smell at all of the shampoo, conditioner or the body wash. I really miss the blushing orange scent. I know I could buy it, but it was always more fun for it just to be there already lol. We had the new dispensers and I think ours was broken because it wouldn't stay in place so it was a little difficult to get the shampoo or conditioner out of the bottles.

Yes mostly in the parks and probably heading to the food court on our way to the buses most mornings so maybe building 6 will still be ok for us.
We were pretty much in the parks the whole time so it was nice to have such a short walk after getting back at night. We didn't stop at the food court on the way out so we went straight to the bus stop. It wasn't too far of a walk to the food court, but we definitely filled our mugs less because of the walk compared to when we were at POFQ and filled our mugs every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter