• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Hey, all.

Is there an actual schedule of the order they're doing the building in? I have been reading this thread for months, but I don't remember seeing one. I looked at post 2 and there seems to be a bit of a pattern they're following. Reason I'm asking...we're doing a split stay the 2nd week of June. Half our trip at Pop and half at CBR. We are booked preferred for Pop. If they do building 2 next, there will still be 3 sections in building 1 that haven't been refurbed yet. But, if they do building 1 next and 2 last, we're just about guaranteed a referb room. Just wondering if anyone's seen schedule of which building will be next. Crossing my fingers for a refurb.

Can I just say a special thank you to @scrappinginontario and @HopperFan for keeping this thread going and adding to the excitement of my own trip planning. I have been following and occasionally commenting for months now, and it seems surreal to say it... but gonna be at POP! tonight!! Thank you to all who provided your updates along the way. Hoping to keep them flowing during our trip this week.

Can I just say a special thank you to @scrappinginontario and @HopperFan for keeping this thread going and adding to the excitement of my own trip planning. I have been following and occasionally commenting for months now, and it seems surreal to say it... but gonna be at POP! tonight!! Thank you to all who provided your updates along the way. Hoping to keep them flowing during our trip this week.

:tinker:Have a magical trip!

Hey, all.

Is there an actual schedule of the order they're doing the building in? I have been reading this thread for months, but I don't remember seeing one. I looked at post 2 and there seems to be a bit of a pattern they're following. Reason I'm asking...we're doing a split stay the 2nd week of June. Half our trip at Pop and half at CBR. We are booked preferred for Pop. If they do building 2 next, there will still be 3 sections in building 1 that haven't been refurbed yet. But, if they do building 1 next and 2 last, we're just about guaranteed a referb room. Just wondering if anyone's seen schedule of which building will be next. Crossing my fingers for a refurb.

They seem to being doing it in the order they are laid out on the ground. So I would say 2 next, then 1 last.

Are there still king beds that you can request??? And if so, is the Murphy bed gone then I’m assuming? Has anyone stayed in a renovated king bed room? I’m hoping to request a king bed for my fall trip!

You are so welcome! It’s our pleasure and glad it’s been a help to you!

Have a magical trip and thanks for offering to provide updates during your visit!!

I check in tonight too!! Enjoy

Are there still king beds that you can request??? And if so, is the Murphy bed gone then I’m assuming? Has anyone stayed in a renovated king bed room? I’m hoping to request a king bed for my fall trip!
There are still rooms with king beds. You can still request one. King bed rooms did not, do not, and will not include Murphy beds. They're not gone, they were never there.

In lieu of the murphy bed next to the stationary bed, Kings have the beverage center.

On the other side is the dresser, and a small table with two chairs.

Gp9l2YnMf3w570LWraruruc62Q26SvIa78VduXo3uRo.jpg

Ok the online request thingy isn't working at all for us, I've tried 4-5 times to choose either 70's or 80's as 1st/2nd choice, every time I check back it reverts to 60's as my 2nd choice and no 1st choice!!! so whens the best time to call,how far ahead?

I just wanted to update here - I spoke with JetBlue today to see if they would put in my requests, since I was having the this same issue. They spoke with Disney and said that the requests are already there! So it sounds like even if the requests aren't showing up correct on our end, the system has the correct request information

I did online check in for my May 29th trip. My reservation is a Preferred Pool View at Pop. My preferences included "60's room". I'm wondering why, since my reservation will automatically be in the 60's. I was afraid NOT to check it, but it feels like I just wasted one of my two preferences. Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter