POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back from a quick 2 night stay at POP. Any questions?

I have a few questions if you don't mind (leaving in approx. 30 days!!!)

1) Did you use the buses to any of the parks? If so, what was the travel time?

2) Were the refillable mug lids still pink, blue and black?

3) Did you find the food court busy during dinner time (if you used it then)? What were your favourite meals from the food court?

Thanks!

Just two more days of work, a day to pack and we're off! Can't wait to be at Pop and finally see what I've been reading so much about!

I have a few questions if you don't mind (leaving in approx. 30 days!!!)

1) Did you use the buses to any of the parks? If so, what was the travel time?

2) Were the refillable mug lids still pink, blue and black?

3) Did you find the food court busy during dinner time (if you used it then)? What were your favourite meals from the food court?

Thanks!

1. We used our car.

2. Yes, still pink, blue and black.

3. The first night DH and DS went to the food court around 10pm and it was very crowded. The 2nd night we ate between 6 and 7, it wasn't busy at all.

Besides this trip, we have eaten at the food court many times.

I really like the Salmon, orzo, green beans, and corn bread meal.

The tuna sandwhich is good, it has tomatoes slices and cucumber slices on it, the bread is multigrain.

The herb crusted chicken and mixed greens is a good choice, I ask for alfredo sauce on top otherwise, I find it too dry. The mixed greens are in a vinegrette dressing.

The clam chowder on a Friday is usually pretty good.

My son did not care for their vegie soup. He ended up dipping tostitos in it. He said it was better as a dip than a soup. He did the same at CSR, used the vegie soup on a taco at the taco bar, lol.

I DO NOT like the blackened fish sandwich. I love my fish blackened, but this was too spicy even for me.

I DO NOT like the lo mein either.

I will be at POP in less than 72 hours! :banana::dance3: Any questions that need to be asked while I'm there? Pictures of anything someone wants? Anything else I can check while there? Can't wait to be back at POP, and WDW! :goodvibes

1. We used our car.

2. Yes, still pink, blue and black.

3. The first night DH and DS went to the food court around 10pm and it was very crowded. The 2nd night we ate between 6 and 7, it wasn't busy at all.

Besides this trip, we have eaten at the food court many times.

I really like the Salmon, orzo, green beans, and corn bread meal.

The tuna sandwhich is good, it has tomatoes slices and cucumber slices on it, the bread is multigrain.

The herb crusted chicken and mixed greens is a good choice, I ask for alfredo sauce on top otherwise, I find it too dry. The mixed greens are in a vinegrette dressing.

The clam chowder on a Friday is usually pretty good.

My son did not care for their vegie soup. He ended up dipping tostitos in it. He said it was better as a dip than a soup. He did the same at CSR, used the vegie soup on a taco at the taco bar, lol.

I DO NOT like the blackened fish sandwich. I love my fish blackened, but this was too spicy even for me.

I DO NOT like the lo mein either.

Thanks so much!!

I will be at POP in less than 72 hours! :banana::dance3: Any questions that need to be asked while I'm there? Pictures of anything someone wants? Anything else I can check while there? Can't wait to be back at POP, and WDW! :goodvibes

Ask about the new water play area. If this is true and when will it be ready for the kids to play in. Thanks!:yay:

I would like to know if the bus to TL and BB waterparks also stop at a park. I know the one to BB used to also stop at AK, but that was several years ago.

Also, are there still buses that go right from the parks to the waterparks?

Thanks.

I made my final payment today! We already have our plane tickets, so we are ready to go! Now I just have to wait for June 4th! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!! :banana::banana: Peeked in on your TR and I love all your pictures! Your animals, the zoo, the storm, your sister's wedding, the trip out west, etc.:thumbsup2 Looking forward to seeing your pictures from this trip. :goodvibes Safe travels!

So I'm ordering a new camera, and the first thing that came to mind was that I'm going to get to use it at Pop this summer! :banana:

Hello there,

Staying at the Pop this July and bringing Nana and Papa with us. They are in their 80's and it is their first time at Disney. My question is, if we are staying in preferred rooms (HA for them) is there a certain area I should ask for. I really need to limit the amount of walking for them so I am looking at rooms closest to the food court and buses. I looked on the map, but am having trouble judging the distances so am asking the experts.

TIA,

K in SA

Just booked yesterday, staying at Pop June 4-9. How do I request a certain building or area? I've always just booked online and checked in online so they have my stuff ready when I get there. I've never figured out at what point I can request a certain building.

I also just booked at the POP yesterday. Resevervations are May 20 - 26. The Disney Rep on the phone "upgraded" me to a Preferred room. She said it would be in an area close to the food courts and bus stop, etc. Not sure what the layout of the hotel is but I also would like to know the best room/building to stay in so I can make sure to request it personally as the date approaches.

Also, unrelated to POP (sorry), will I be receiving a packet or anything in the mail? I have my online confirmation but wasn't sure if I just get it all at the hotel or not?

SA53- I would ask for the 60s building. But, I think a pool view might be a bad idea b/c of the noise. We were in the 60s building one time (lakeview) and our rooms were really close to the preferred rooms. It was really nice for my mom b/c she was having trouble with her feet and walking. Everything was really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter