POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #7~Sept 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't stayed at pop in 4 years- we have stayed at cbr and pofq. Using our ap room discount for a long weekend to get a discounted room at pop. We haven't been there since the refurb-are the fridges the same size as the ones at the mods or are they smaller?

Same size, but a little different configuration.

16 days until our first stay at Pop!

H & I are taking an adult only trip to the World for a long weekend (thur-Sun) to celebrate my 30th birthday... turning 30 should be a little bit easier in Disney, right??!

This will be our second trip to Disney together -- our first was less than 8 weeks ago! :rotfl2:

We went in November with our 3 girls, stayed at AoA in a Nemo suite (which we LOVED!) and had an amazing trip. I couldn't wait to get back and when H said we could do whatever I wanted for my 30th birthday my mind went straight to Disney World!

We have a jam packed 2 days in the parks with lots of hopping so we can hit all of our favorite rides and shows and try some things that we missed in November.

I am excited to try a new resort. I'm going to try not to compare it to AoA because it's apples to oranges, but I'm hopeful that we'll enjoy our stay just as much!

Thanks for all of the info in this thread :goodvibes

Well they have started "the dreams of forgotten items" and they start out bad lol

First I forgot both cameras which I might add are already in my park bag for that very reason and the craziest part was I dreamed up this entirely different disney resort that doesn't even exist then I couldn't find the check in counter and with every CM I ask for help and would follow it would lead me nowhere outside,end of a hall, bathrooms:lmao:,but I must say that was a pretty cool resort :rotfl2::lmao:

Ill be at POP in 13 days to go!!!:cool1: (hopefully):lmao:

I know this is technically a dining plan question, but here it is anyway: We are set to stay at POP in 2 weeks and will have the QSDP.

I know the dining plan includes the refillable mugs that can be filled as much as you want at your resort. My question is: if you are getting a meal on the DDP at the food court, can you fill your mug with soda AND grab a bottle of milk/juice/water and not have to pay OOP for the bottled drink? I was thinking this would be a good way to get some drinks for breakfast/take to the parks....I thought I had read a dining review a while back about doing this, but of course I can't find that thread!

Thanks a bunch!!!

I know this is technically a dining plan question, but here it is anyway: We are set to stay at POP in 2 weeks and will have the QSDP.

I know the dining plan includes the refillable mugs that can be filled as much as you want at your resort. My question is: if you are getting a meal on the DDP at the food court, can you fill your mug with soda AND grab a bottle of milk/juice/water and not have to pay OOP for the bottled drink? I was thinking this would be a good way to get some drinks for breakfast/take to the parks....I thought I had read a dining review a while back about doing this, but of course I can't find that thread!

Thanks a bunch!!!

We did this when we were at AoA in November. We drank the refil mug with our quick service meal and saved the drink that came with it (a drink with a cap!) for the parks. It never occured to me that it wouldn't be "allowed" so hopefully it's fine!

Thanks a bunch!!!

That is exactly what we did last year. The year before we had more snack credits so sometimes we brought our mugs but most of the time we didn't bother. This time we made a trip back to our room to get them. We did have some left over drinks and used them on check out day.

I don't see how it would be against any rules. You get a drink with your quick service meal with the dining plan and you can refill your mugs as much as you want.

We did this when we were at AoA in November. We drank the refil mug with our quick service meal and saved the drink that came with it (a drink with a cap!) for the parks. It never occured to me that it wouldn't be "allowed" so hopefully it's fine!

That is exactly what we did last year. The year before we had more snack credits so sometimes we brought our mugs but most of the time we didn't bother. This time we made a trip back to our room to get them. We did have some left over drinks and used them on check out day.

Thank you both! I appreciate your help :goodvibes

Thanks a bunch!!!

Yes, this is a smart use of your dining plan credits because you get a drink with your meal credit like everywhere else, but you're also at the resort where you can fill your mug. So always grab a bottled beverage rather than a fountain drink cup, as part of your QS meal credit at Pop so you can use that bottled beverage somewhere else.

I just realized I can do online check in today:) this quick weekend get away is coming awful fast:)

I've never done online check in-Just wondering what the pros and cons of doing it online are :)
And also with the new website being so goofy would it be a good idea to do it now?

Thanks!

I'm also here now ...... all of building 1 and half of another have RFID .... does make it easier in the dark with my old eyes. :rotfl2:

I'm jealous! We're in building 5...with the old locks! The RFID is so much easier (used to enter parks and at be our guest for lunch today!) sad to go home tomorrow :/. That means its time to plan the next trip!

Grumpy Grandma said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by KuyaJeff

Just wondering; does Pop have the RFID door locks yet? Any guesses on if they'll be installed by the time I arrive on 1/24 if they aren't already?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph2527

We are here now....no RFID doors yet!

I'm also here now ...... all of building 1 and half of another have RFID .... does make it easier in the dark with my old eyes.

curious...how long is it taking them to change over a bldg? I wonder how long until the entire resort will be done? We arrive saturday...

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

Just wanted to say HI quick and thanks for anyone who answered my Pre-trip questions.

I am here at POP now. It is amazing as ever and really is a magical place.

A few thoughts:
-Magical Express...was the only one on my bus at 6:10 in the morning.

-Online check In...was perfect. Got the building I wanted (50's), facing the lake, and top floor to boot. PLUS, they let me check in at 7am the day arrived. Had planned on dropping backpack with luggage services and hittng the parks. Was able to take a quick nap and hit the park wide awake.

-The rooms are very clean. After all the talk about rooms, I did a really good walk through and was actually impressed.

-The new key pads were put on the doors in the 50's today. Just swipe it to get in. The parks have been seperating people with room key tickets and all others. As an AP, I can not use the shorter room key ticket line because they cannot link my AP and the room key. That kinda sucks.

-Walked through AoA. I really want to stay in the Cars section. LOL I wasnt impressed with the food court and actually thought POP had a better selection.

I think that is it for now. Here for another week.

Thanks again everyone!

Just wanted to say HI quick and thanks for anyone who answered my Pre-trip questions.

I am here at POP now. It is amazing as ever and really is a magical place.

A few thoughts:
-Magical Express...was the only one on my bus at 6:10 in the morning.

-Online check In...was perfect. Got the building I wanted (50's), facing the lake, and top floor to boot. PLUS, they let me check in at 7am the day arrived. Had planned on dropping backpack with luggage services and hittng the parks. Was able to take a quick nap and hit the park wide awake.

-The rooms are very clean. After all the talk about rooms, I did a really good walk through and was actually impressed.

-The new key pads were put on the doors in the 50's today. Just swipe it to get in. The parks have been seperating people with room key tickets and all others. As an AP, I can not use the shorter room key ticket line because they cannot link my AP and the room key. That kinda sucks.

-Walked through AoA. I really want to stay in the Cars section. LOL I wasnt impressed with the food court and actually thought POP had a better selection.

I think that is it for now. Here for another week.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup2 Your post has me even more excited about our arrival in just 16 days. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter