POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see if they even inform me of this change when I check it. Im an ap holder too so those who wanted to know about pulling FP - with linked aps I'll be able to let know too. Here's hoping my 3 day weekend goes smoothly

I'm pretty sure your annual pass will still work in the FP- machines just like every one else's APs. This will only affect people who bought tickets with their package. They won't be getting separate ticket media to use for FP.

This is my first post on the dis boards. My family will be staying at pop for the first time January 26-February 2, 2014. This will be our first visit to walt disney world and pop (obviously) while we are there we will also be celebrating my daughters 7th birthday! Can't wait!

Well for me personal I would stay with the FP+ only option. We used the MB in August and never pulled a FP-. I guess for some it is a big deal but for me it wouldn't be. I guess we all have to get use to the 3 FP+ thing sooner or later anyway. But you think it would be the sang for all resorts. :confused3

KELLY said:
Well for me personal I would stay with the FP+ only option. We used the MB in August and never pulled a FP-. I guess for some it is a big deal but for me it wouldn't be. I guess we all have to get use to the 3 FP+ thing sooner or later anyway. But you think it would be the sang for all resorts. :confused3

It will be that way for all resorts soon enough. Disney has said all along that the FP- machines will go away. Right now they are testing non resort guests using the FP+ kiosks for same day reservations with the Swan and Dolphin guests. With this test for Pop guests they are making sure the system ID working properly that the KTTW gets you in the park, be used for dining credits, opens your room door but does not let you pull FP-.

KELLY said:

My only issue is I park hop, I'm only going to be there for 3 days, limiting me to 3 FP+ in one park kinda puts a wrench in my plans

My only issue is I park hop, I'm only going to be there for 3 days, limiting me to 3 FP+ in one park kinda puts a wrench in my plans

I think the more it rolls out this will be something Disney hears quite a lot. The system is definitely still developing and I would imagine there are still quite a few changes that will eventually be made.

dansdad said:
It will be that way for all resorts soon enough. Disney has said all along that the FP- machines will go away. Right now they are testing non resort guests using the FP+ kiosks for same day reservations with the Swan and Dolphin guests. With this test for Pop guests they are making sure the system ID working properly that the KTTW gets you in the park, be used for dining credits, opens your room door but does not let you pull FP-.

I used my MB with the MDE app and made same day FPs....I'm glad because I can't plan that far in advance what park I'm going to be at and what rides I'm going to ride when. I'm not a Disney planner, I'm a Disney wing it lol

Andrea817 said:
Is the Christmas decor up at POP yet? If not, will they be up by Thanksgiving weekend?

It's been my experience in the past that the resort won't be completely decorated until right after Thanksgiving. There will be a few things going up right around and during Tgiving. But after that weekend, the big tree will go up. Now that said, with Thanksgiving being as late as it could possibly be on the calendar (it is the absolutely latest it can ever fall on the calendar) this year, they MAY make adjustments to their decorating schedule...esp since there will be a shorter time between Thanksgiving and Christmas (not even a full month!) This year. Just my thoughts mixed in with what I have previously seen/experienced. Not sure I was much help to you though...lol. :)

Wow already. Boy I have to say POP is one popular resort. :)

It is, POPpers are the BEST!! :cheer2:

Great pics! :)

Great job as usual Janet!! :cheer2::cool1::thumbsup2

Thanks for starting a new thread :disrocks:

Thanks so much guys :)

Thanks Janet! Looking forward to many more posts about Pop Groovy-ness!! :)

Great phrase... "POP "Groovy-ness" :thumbsup2

Thanks Janet!!!

So can't wait to be back for my birthday on Sunday. :) Does anyone know if POP has their Christmas decorations up yet? Sunday seems like it's a really far ways away.

:woohoo: Happy Birthday to you and your DD! Mine turns 16 in 2014. Actually I believe Disney begins after Food & Wines ends, so you might see some decorations starting to go up mid to later next week. So it depends on how long you are staying. :)

I love this thread! Thanks for posting all the information and pics about Pop. I am taking my two grandsons to WDW Feb 2014, their first trip and my first trip since around 1992. Am excited about our vacation & staying at Pop Century!

Thanks! Its a complilation of the great info that DISers share. :)

:cool1: That is so exciting!! Some day IF I ever have grandchildren Disney will be the first place I take them. :goodvibes

We stayed at POP for the first time in October and LOVED it. We booked the BB for next year! Now we have 314 more days. :-(.

:yay: Assuming the BB was free dining? We are hoping for a room only discount in December. :)

All Hail Janet!

Amazing job once again. I've updated my subscriptions, so I'll try to post on this one. Others will migrate over eventually.

Thanks my friend! And please let me know your dates in December....:)

Here now!!! At the pool!!! Checkin in to say the "magic bands" are workin so awesome for my family!!!

Also I saw someone post earlier that pop had dif creamers for the coffee. I have not seen anything but regular creamer? Anyone else know? Maybe I'm not lookin in right spot?

POP so far is a great value for the money! :)

I didn't see a bounceback....not like I could take advantage of it anyway. We're going 11/2015 the next time. I'm thinking AOA next time though.

We'd like to try AOA too, our only issue is we like the Cars Suite and everytime I compare the $$ it gets ruled out.

It will be nice when the LM rooms are included in the discounts. :)

I'm here! Getting ready for next month! :santa:

Me too!!

Will someone checking in tomorrow or after please post about their check-in experience? I know they will only issue a KTTW card if requested, but I'm curious to see if the CM's are advising that the KTTW cards no longer pull FP's or if guests are just finding out when they try to use them.

I will be curious to know as well.

I can't wait to see if they even inform me of this change when I check it. Im an ap holder too so those who wanted to know about pulling FP - with linked aps I'll be able to let know too. Here's hoping my 3 day weekend goes smoothly

goofyfigment, hoping it will go smoothly for you too. (I also have an AP).

Hi!! I'm onboard for the new POP thread!!!
Thank You, Janet, for all you do for our extended POP Family thread!! Your hard work is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Thanks Stitchlovestink... your input as well as others that contribute is invaluable and much appreciated. :)

We are here at Pop now and it is crowded. So surprised. Last night was crazy trying to get back from Magic Kingdom.

Perhaps people extended the holdiay weekend.

I would like to second this and also say that this thread is so thorough with every question I could think of addressed in the Stickys. Thank you!

Thank you for your kind words. :goodvibes

My BIL and his family checked in yesterday and were not told of the test when they asked if they could also get KTTWs as a backup. They were not able to pull paper FPs. I had told them this yesterday so they knew. They asked the CM standing at the FP machine why they couldn't get a FP and they said "you must be staying at Pop. They're the first resort to test FP+ only."

Why are we first for testing but last at the bus stops? :upsidedow

I'm sure some people are. I'd been trying to get a prefered room under the fall discount for a month now and nothing was available. The day this information came out I went and checked again and prefered rooms were now available. So I was able to get the upgraded.

Interesting... we were looking to move to POP under the AP rate and nothing. Wondering if it will make a difference there too.

I'm pretty sure your annual pass will still work in the FP- machines just like every one else's APs. This will only affect people who bought tickets with their package. They won't be getting separate ticket media to use for FP.

Hoping this might be true for all AP holders.

I wonder if anyone is going to switch resorts because of the KTTW/no paper FastPass thing. I know I wouldn't be happy seeing other people using FastPass+ AND FastPass while I could only use my lousy 3 +'s per day.

Understand both sides of this issue. And Kelly you are right, it will be the same for all soon enough.

Exactly. Hoping for pixie dust that APs will work. :goodvibes

This is my first post on the dis boards. My family will be staying at pop for the first time January 26-February 2, 2014. This will be our first visit to walt disney world and pop (obviously) while we are there we will also be celebrating my daughters 7th birthday! Can't wait!

:welcome: to the DIS and the POP Century thread! :hippie: Stick around here for info and day to day fun chatter and tips to fill in the time until your trip. Great group of DISers hang out here. :)

I think the more it rolls out this will be something Disney hears quite a lot. The system is definitely still developing and I would imagine there are still quite a few changes that will eventually be made.

That is so true, tweaks and changes are sure to come.

We arrive in less then month and can't wait to stay at Pop again.

:cool1: Have a great time!

I used my MB with the MDE app and made same day FPs....I'm glad because I can't plan that far in advance what park I'm going to be at and what rides I'm going to ride when. I'm not a Disney planner, I'm a Disney wing it lol

Kat, I'm half wing it/half planner. :upsidedow When I was there two days at the end of Sept. I made same day FP too. Worked great.

Is the Christmas decor up at POP yet? If not, will they should all be up by Thanksgiving weekend?

Not yet, it's usually by Thanksgiving, and stitchlovestink makes a good observation below.

It's been my experience in the past that the resort won't be completely decorated until right after Thanksgiving. There will be a few things going up right around and during Tgiving. But after that weekend, the big tree will go up. Now that said, with Thanksgiving being as late as it could possibly be on the calendar (it is the absolutely latest it can ever fall on the calendar) this year, they MAY make adjustments to their decorating schedule...esp since there will be a shorter time between Thanksgiving and Christmas (not even a full month!) This year. Just my thoughts mixed in with what I have previously seen/experienced. Not sure I was much help to you though...lol. :)

Good point about Thanksgiving being late. I think Disney may start putting up decorations a few days after Food & Wine ends (which is next week!)

20 days and I will be checked into POP for 11 nights! Oh can't wait!

Wow! :cheer2: 11 nights?? Oh someday when DD is graduated from HS!

Janet B said:
We'd like to try AOA too, our only issue is we like the Cars Suite and everytime I compare the $$ it gets ruled out.

It will be nice when the LM rooms are included in the discounts. :)

Me too!!

I will be curious to know as well.

goofyfigment, hoping it will go smoothly for you too. (I also have an AP).

Thanks Stitchlovestink... your input as well as others that contribute is invaluable and much appreciated. :)

Perhaps people extended the holdiay weekend.

Thank you for your kind words. :goodvibes

Why are we first for testing but last at the bus stops? :upsidedow

Interesting... we were looking to move to POP under the AP rate and nothing. Wondering if it will make a difference there too.

Hoping this might be true for all AP holders.

Understand both sides of this issue. And Kelly you are right, it will be the same for all soon enough.

Exactly. Hoping for pixie dust that APs will work. :goodvibes

We're going to do nemo....it'd gender neutral and one of our favorite movies.

Janet B said:
That is so true, tweaks and changes are sure to come.

:cool1: Have a great time!

Kat, I'm half wing it/half planner. :upsidedow When I was there two days at the end of Sept. I made same day FP too. Worked great.

Not yet, it's usually by Thanksgiving, and stitchlovestink makes a good observation below.

Good point about Thanksgiving being late. I think Disney may start putting up decorations a few days after Food & Wine ends (which is next week!)

Wow! :cheer2: 11 nights?? Oh someday when DD is graduated from HS!

I made Fp selections on the bus on the way to the parks and/or the night before. I think I made 1 while I was actually at the park. I love the mbs. They worked great for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter