• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have dates for my stay at Pop= May 3-10. I showed my niece the video for Pop and she said it was "cool". Glad she likes it!

Now for discounts :surfweb:

FLkid said:
Thank you!

I am not a city girl either and still can't believe I am taking a solo trip. I think knowing I'm staying on site is helping me feel more comfortable about it. I was going to stay port Orleans French quarter but decided last minute to change to pop because I could stay 2 extra nights for the same price if I switched.

13 days!

I have stayed at POP 38 nights earlier this year visiting my DD. I was alone more often than not but NEVER once felt uncomfortable or unsafe!! Now my preference is the 50's (and I will always be in bldg 1 or 3) and my second choice is the sixties (and I generally am put in bldg 5). So go and enjoy your solo trip! Have a Blast!! POP is a WONDERFUL Hotel for the Solo traveller!! :)

Woke up this morning at POP to a big decorated Christmas tree in the lobby!!!!!

Leaving this morning so I'm glad I got to see it! :)

I have searched and seen that the kids pool is zero entrance and padded, but does anyone know how deep the pool gets?
Also is the water there heated the same as the larger pools? Thanks!

I have searched and seen that the kids pool is zero entrance and padded, but does anyone know how deep the pool gets?

Yes, all the pools are heated even the kiddie pools. Not sure exactly how deep the kiddie pool is, but check out this pic from post #3 of this thread to get an idea.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Pools-Pop/images/DSC05129.jpg

From the picture it looks like it's probably 1 foot.

tracydeech said:

I was getting on here to post this exact same thing. Lol Checked out this morning and loved seeing the tree before I left. Still sad that I had to leave. But. Had a great stay and wonderful time at MVMCP.
Will be back in about a month but staying at Beach club then.

TOMORROW we check in!!! So excited! Love reading the boards to keep up on all the latest and greatest changes in store for us POP lovers!! Keep the info coming:thumbsup2

Have fun, everyone! I have never been at this time of the year, so I am living it through you!

Gah!

I want to start by saying I love talking to CM's on the phone. Every customer service department should have to go through Disney training.

Today I hinted to my boss that she should schedule me for Friday (December 6th) night instead of Friday morning (the day after I get back) so that I could stay an extra night, Travel home in the morning and go to work that night. She said she could swing it!

So I get home and I look online and it says there are no rooms available for that Thursday night :( <<< totally me. I decided what they hay it wouldn't hurt to call and just see if maybe they have a list or something I can be put on in case that night opens up...

The CM said "Well we don't have a list......but I can have you booked for that night in about 2 seconds because I have it available, Also I can give you your Florida Resident Discount" :D :D :D <<< totally me.

Pretty excited about that. I may decide to still go home on Thursday evening but at least when I get up Thursday I don't have to worry about rushing to get packed, checked out and weighing leaving my stuff in the car while I'm at a park.

Now the fun part... making plans for Thursday!

I check in a week from Sunday for my 4th Pop stay. I have yet to get any Mickey Mail regarding the fridge replacement going on. Should I assume I'll have one at check-in? I'm not doing the dining plan so I would be needing it and really not wanting to bring my ice chest.

lulubel88 said:
I check in a week from Sunday for my 4th Pop stay. I have yet to get any Mickey Mail regarding the fridge replacement going on. Should I assume I'll have one at check-in? I'm not doing the dining plan so I would be needing it and really not wanting to bring my ice chest.

I was there Friday to Monday 50s section and had a fridge.

Just walked through the lobby to get to the buses and the Christmas tree is up!!!

I was getting on here to post this exact same thing. Lol Checked out this morning and loved seeing the tree before I left. Still sad that I had to leave. But. Had a great stay and wonderful time at MVMCP.
Will be back in about a month but staying at Beach club then.

Great that you all got to see the tree up before some of you had to leave. Always a treat. :)

TOMORROW we check in!!! So excited! Love reading the boards to keep up on all the latest and greatest changes in store for us POP lovers!! Keep the info coming:thumbsup2

:woohoo: have a fantastic time!

Gah!

I want to start by saying I love talking to CM's on the phone. Every customer service department should have to go through Disney training.

Today I hinted to my boss that she should schedule me for Friday (December 6th) night instead of Friday morning (the day after I get back) so that I could stay an extra night, Travel home in the morning and go to work that night. She said she could swing it!

So I get home and I look online and it says there are no rooms available for that Thursday night :( <<< totally me. I decided what they hay it wouldn't hurt to call and just see if maybe they have a list or something I can be put on in case that night opens up...

The CM said "Well we don't have a list......but I can have you booked for that night in about 2 seconds because I have it available, Also I can give you your Florida Resident Discount" :D :D :D <<< totally me.

Pretty excited about that. I may decide to still go home on Thursday evening but at least when I get up Thursday I don't have to worry about rushing to get packed, checked out and weighing leaving my stuff in the car while I'm at a park.

Now the fun part... making plans for Thursday!

Nice!! I had a terrific CM tonight as well. Said I got the last discounted room for December. Think we will be there the same time :)

Same check in here in 11 days. Well, 10 days and a wakeup, we check in on November 30th. So looking forward to getting back to POP, my wife and I just loved it there, such a nice resort.

Look for the guy with the brown packpack with a lime green mickey on the back of it with the question "DO YOU DIS?" and that will be me.

Love it!! If I see you I will certainly say hi. :cool1:

can't wait to get to Pop and enjoy our little vacation...we are celebrating my mom's birthday and my best friends 2 new knees...Dec 3-9 now to get the whole magic bands thing worked out in my head...we are park hoppers but i think 3 FP+ will do for us a day! :thumbsup2

Awesome!! And I hope you told the CM why you are celebrating... love the celebration of the new knees. :thumbsup2 Have a wonderful time! We are checking on on Dec 3 too :)

We checked into POP Saturday around 12:30pm. The resort was PACKED which had me a bit nervous but everything is great! Our room was ready and we got exactly what we requested. Adjoining rooms, 70's building with lake view. The room is clean, new bedding and fridge. The resort is just as great as I remember from 2010 except the food court...it's much worse. I hated to eat there considering all the dinning options in WDW but with 3 small kids you just gotta do what's convenient sometimes. The selection sucks and the food just isn't good.

Happy you got all your requests (and the bedding/fridge). And the food court definitely has people split lately with all the changes. Have fun!

I finally have dates for my stay at Pop= May 3-10. I showed my niece the video for Pop and she said it was "cool". Glad she likes it!

Now for discounts :surfweb:

:woohoo: Congrats!

Yes, all the pools are heated even the kiddie pools. Not sure exactly how deep the kiddie pool is, but check out this pic from post #3 of this thread to get an idea.

dansdad, I would say your estimate is about right. :thumbsup2

Anybody else sticking with their Mid-December reservation knowing that you will only have access to your 3 FP+s? I feel like everyone is jumping from the "Poptanic" but me! I have never been to WDW at this time and I have no idea what kind of crowds to expect.....

lulugirod said:
Anybody else sticking with their Mid-December reservation knowing that you will only have access to your 3 FP+s? I feel like everyone is jumping from the "Poptanic" but me! I have never been to WDW at this time and I have no idea what kind of crowds to expect.....

I wouldn't change my resort because of this. And won't those people who did switch be surprised when their new resort tests. Or when this goes to all resorts before Xmas like it's been rumored to.

Yes about 1 foot! My 18 month old was in it 2 weeks ago and sat in the middle comfortably with the water reaching her chest.
If I could ever figure out how to post a pic I would post one. Lol

I wouldn't change my resort because of this. And won't those people who did switch be surprised when their new resort tests. Or when this goes to all resorts before Xmas like it's been rumored to.

I read an article from the Disney Dining site the other day that said the full kick off of the bands has been delayed until at least after the new year while they make some changes that were recommended by those that had tested it for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter