• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century

suprwmn17

Earning My Ears
Going next week to stay with 9 other family members. What to expect at Pop Century?
What is it like? How is the service?
Any tips or ideas?

I was in pop century in may.
And it was my first visit.
I loved pop century.
I also think it depends which building you stay.
I was in the 70's area by big micky mouse phone and it was great.
music of the era is playing in speakers outside and in everyroom they have a poster of stuff from the era.
But it is no longer pop century to me. It is forever scopa towers now.
You willl like it the cafeteria is good and i liked the buses.

Have fun
ALWEASEL

We stayed at Pop Century last June and had a great time. It is less shady than some of the older resorts, but I really enjoyed the music that was piped in. We were in the 50's section and I heard songs I haven't heard for years and years.

The theming was fun and we walked around the whole resort to make sure we saw all the details. We have been trying to visit all the resorts and many times we eat lunch in the food courts. We thought the food court at Pop was one of the best on property. It's large and cool and has a lot of variety.

I was afraid the food court and the buses would be really crowded due to some comments on this forum, but Disney had plenty of workers in the food court and if there was a big crowd waiting for buses, they usually came two at a time. I really don't remember spending much time waiting for a bus. What I do remember is the bus driver that got everyone to join a sing-a-long on the way to Animal Kingdom, and even got a woman from Taiwan to do a Taiwanese song solo. :)

Our only complaint was that the rooms are a tad small, but we had 4 people in our room, so that probably didn't help.

We could see the Illuminations fireworks from the balcony in the 50's section and the laundry room was large and convenient. I don't remember having any problems with the maid service, so it must have been OK. Some of the rooms had towel animals in the windows that you could see as you walked by. The pool in the 50s section never seemed too crowded, but I thought the one in the 60's section look a little crowded sometimes.

All in all, for the price paid, it was a very nice resort.

Ive stayed there MANY times. I was there in the first month of opening, and keep coming back. My only complaint is that on the last trip the AC was set too high, and the room wouldnt get cold enough for me. it was fine for my wife, but I kept waking up.
The drinks are GREAT! Buy a mug! the blue slushies RULE!!! try mixing 70% blue slushie, and 30% lemonade. Just try it, and dont knock it till you do!!! DELICIOUS!!! I mix the COLA slushie with plain cola as well. Its all included in the price of the mugs.
The food is great. The rooms are great. the theming is great. The main pool can get noisy and full at times, but thats where the best people watching is. I can swim in an empty pool at home. i go for the action on vacation. My children both have no problems making "pool friends", even if they do only see them for an hour or less.
The air seems enchanting there. the surroundings are so neat. Its kinda magical. One of my 3 year old's first sentences was "I go Pop Century" princess: princess: Shes a bit spoiled maybe? princess:
I (OK heres where I'll get flogged) NEVER park in my designated spot. I always park in the same spot every trip. To the right of the main building (to the left if your facing it). Never got in any trouble yet. It always seems closer. THOUGH I will admit, we once parked on another spot, and the walk was much longer, but it took us around the resort, by the pond, and the walk was VERY romantic at night. So that may be a plus. The view across the pond seems so calm and kinda reminds me of the OBX in NC. It looks like your in the middle of nowhere, but when you turn around, you quickly forget that thought. Just <MY> experiences. The only other bad comment is the luggage carts are too far away. But I'd give it a 99 out of 100. Were booked for POP in sept, but are trying to switch to ASM for a change of pace, but ASM is booked up, so we keep calling back till it gets an opening.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but when are you booked for in Sept? We are also staying in the beginning of Sept and I have to book a room by tomorrow. I was just wondering since movies is one of my first choices and you say it's booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter