Pop or AS Movies

it's kelly

DIS Veteran
I am planning a quick trip down the end of October. The only way I could get my husband to agree to go was to stay value. I am willing to stay in a tent at the campground if it means a visit. 😂

If you had to choose would you stay in Pop or AS Movies? I’m hoping all refurbishments will be complete by then.

Probably Pop, better transportation I believe and better food court. But what I know about the values come from my friend as we haven’t stayed at one before

Between the two, I have only stayed at Pop. My husband, however, has stayed at all the values, and he prefers Pop Century over all of them. (And between AoA and Pop, I preferred Pop, although I still liked AoA.)

The All Star resorts share buses with each other. Dh said they can get crowded, or they might completely fill up, leaving people to wait on the next one. Pop has it's own buses. At really busy times, Pop and AoA people can hop on each other's buses and just walk across the bridge. In addition, there will soon be gondola transportation available if you aren't opposed to that sort of thing.

I found Pop's rooms to be the cleaner of the two values I stayed in. I'm sure they are even cleaner now that they have floors rather than carpet. (I hate carpet; it's nasty.)
I preferred Pop's food court also. Plenty of variety.

I would stay at Pop over movies. All renovations are done at Pop by now, most of All Stars Movies are done by now and definitely will be by October. You will have the Skyliner system at Pop open by October to take you to you to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Past few times I've stayed at Movies the bus system has been extremely slow. You share bus with Music, and Movies is second in line so buses are often full. Food court is relatively standard at Movies and Pop, but I think Pop is a little better than Movies. Pop is slightly more expensive but certainly worth the few extra bucks (especially considering it is likely to go up once the Gondola system opens).

POP has a Lake,the All-Stars do not.

POP has much better fireworks views that the All-Stars.

And now POP has a Skyliner.

Etc.,etc.

No contest(and I LOVE the All-Stars,but it is what it is).

Although ASMo is probably the best all-star resort i would go with Pop. The Place is just more beautiful und better maintained.

They both are great resorts....honestly, whichever is cheaper. We love Music but do stay at POP also. Bus system is great both places. No issues.

I love Pop, but stayed at Music last trip as Pop was not available for free dining. For me, a hotel is just a place to sleep and shower, so I can't see paying a ton for a room at any resort. If you can afford Pop, that would be my preference, but the All Stars aren't bad either.

I love Pop, but stayed at Music last trip as Pop was not available for free dining. For me, a hotel is just a place to sleep and shower, so I can't see paying a ton for a room at any resort. If you can afford Pop, that would be my preference, but the All Stars aren't bad either.
Agreed...its all the same in the dark.

That’s my thought on this trip. Very little time will be spent at the resort so I’m fine with value.

I missed out on booking POP again so booked Movies which I'm sure will be ok. Cheaper and hopefully the rooms will all be done by November

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter