Pop or CBR for group trip

MICEfamily

Earning My Ears
We have 9 people (5 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant) going to Disney World in November. We are trying to decide between 2 rooms at CBR (one 5th sleeper room, one standard room) or 3 rooms at Pop Century. 3 rooms at Pop is actually a few hundred dollars cheaper for each family than the 2 rooms at CBR. Of course, 3 rooms would give us more space and privacy. We've watched several youtube videos of room tours at each resort and honestly the rooms at Pop seem nicer. The bathrooms at CBR look dated and dingy, even through they have been through refurb. We don't plan to spend tons of time at the resort, but we do want to enjoy the time we do spend there. The price difference isn't enough to sway the decision one way or the other. I'm also concerned about the size of CBR and having to walk long distances after along day in the parks. So.... what would you choose for this size of a group?

Maybe upgrade to POP preferred pool rooms with savings...
I just checked out & that new shower is great. Plus enjoyed the options available with the Skyliner & nearby Art of Animation that has re-opened. You will become future POP devotees for many years to come.

I vote for the Pop, 3 bathrooms. Except if the kids and infant need to be in the same room, then CBR, because CBR is a little bit bigger.

As you consider your options, please consider that adjoining or adjacent rooms are never guaranteed and, depending on the volume of guests at the resort, often non-negotiable. Just something to keep in mind.

To me it really depends on what the relationship of everyone is. I wouldn’t put kids in a room without at least one parent or grandparent, or an infant who may still cry in the night in a room with a non-family member. My sense is three rooms gives the most flexibility but not if there is a family of five with young kids who would be split up.

Personally Id go with the POP. CBR is gorgeous but its very spread out and could be a hike to reach the skyliner.

CBR has also felt very crowded lately

We have 9 people (5 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant) going to Disney World in November. We are trying to decide between 2 rooms at CBR (one 5th sleeper room, one standard room) or 3 rooms at Pop Century. 3 rooms at Pop is actually a few hundred dollars cheaper for each family than the 2 rooms at CBR. Of course, 3 rooms would give us more space and privacy. We've watched several youtube videos of room tours at each resort and honestly the rooms at Pop seem nicer. The bathrooms at CBR look dated and dingy, even through they have been through refurb. We don't plan to spend tons of time at the resort, but we do want to enjoy the time we do spend there. The price difference isn't enough to sway the decision one way or the other. I'm also concerned about the size of CBR and having to walk long distances after along day in the parks. So.... what would you choose for this size of a group?
I'd do 3 rooms at Pop. You'll appreciate the space and extra bathroom. Honestly we weren't fond of CBR when we went, although that was pre-skyliner times. We are trying it out again due to the skyliner and that they changed the Custom House/check-in situation, but the only reason I would consider CBR over Pop in your case is if someone absolutely has to have a slide at the pool. I really think that many ppl. will prefer 3 rooms and Pop over CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter