Pop or Coronado?

Both are lovely resorts and have been recently renovated, the fresh new rooms are lovely. CSR has always been a busier resort due to it being the convention hotel and with the addition of the Tower this adds to the number of people there. I guess its down to personal preference, both have their pros and cons.

I think the transport will be better at POP, very frequent busses and the new addition of the Skyliner. This hotel is very popular amongst families due to its amazing write up.

CSR seems like a more adult resort with a lot of solo convention visitors staying there. It has a lovely themed pool and new dining options that will be worth a try.

I personally have always preferred the look and feel of CSR so that gets my vote!

But they are both lovely and will have an amazing time whatever you choose!

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

I am not a Coronado fan at all and I am a Pop fan. We stayed there the last 2 Summers and our standard room was great both years. We stayed in building 1 last year and standard rooms are on the backside so they were very quiet. We also take breaks and have pool time or a nap and it was very nice for that. The bowling pin pool was never crowded and pretty quiet and there were tons of available loungers. We have never had issues with the busses at the Pop. The Pop pickup/dropoff may be kinda far from the park entrance but we walked 23,000 steps a day at Disney so walking 23,500 was no biggie. As others have stated, the Skyliner will be a big plus. We stayed in building 3 this year and that would be perfect for the Skyliner.

If you do not, go follow TheTimTracker on YouTube and check out his resort videos. Really in depth tours of all the Disney resorts.

I haven't stayed at POP in years. As a family staying there with young ones we enjoyed it. We finally stayed at Coronado last week and LOVED it!! I would stay there over POP anytime. The new lobby and tower are beautiful. It was relaxing, everyone there from the gate to the desk were friendly, the grounds are beautiful...I could go on. I'm sorry we did a split stay and left CSR after 2 nights.

Our favorite moderate and favorite value, many stays at both.

For you, I would pick Coronado for sure.

We just got back from a stay at POP. Just DH and me. We also like to go back to the room for an afternoon nap. I found the buses to be pretty good. With the exception that the bus stops are at the far ends of every bus stop except AK, I was happy with the transportation.

Another thing to consider: Our room at Pop was close to the lake, so there were a few times where we took the Art of Animation bus, because that one came first. The walk wasn't too much farther than what we would normally have.

One other thing I enjoyed was being able to go over to the AoA food court for some different variety in food when I just wasn't feeling like eating what Pop's food court had.

If it's a big cost savings, I would vote for Pop. But if the cost savings is minimal, CSR is a great resort too.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter