Pop or Coronado

kadydid

Earning My Ears
It started out as just my son and I going on the cheap to WDW and staying at Pop for 3 nights. With 4 days in parks ( two half days and two full days in the park). We are traveling from Oregon to Cape Coral to visit family and then driving up to Disney.

My husband decided to join us on the Disney World part of the journey so now we are 5 nights, and four full days in the parks. We are still booked at Pop but now I am a little worried that 5 nights is too much at Pop century (preferred room). But we kind of want to do the skyliner.

We all travel quite a bit together and we are all quiet people who do not argue with each other. But it still looks rather tight for 3. So if I am sticking to my budget, but looking for a slightly bigger room, the other option for our dates is a standard at the Coronado Springs. But then no skyliner and not close to dining.

What do you think? Stick with Pop?

I have only stayed deluxe so I am actually trying to do this the less expensive route. (Past Poly, Contemporary, Saratoga Springs 2 bedroom)

It started out as just my son and I going on the cheap to WDW and staying at Pop for 3 nights. With 4 days in parks ( two half days and two full days in the park). We are traveling from Oregon to Cape Coral to visit family and then driving up to Disney.

My husband decided to join us on the Disney World part of the journey so now we are 5 nights, and four full days in the parks. We are still booked at Pop but now I am a little worried that 5 nights is too much at Pop century (preferred room). But we kind of want to do the skyliner.

We all travel quite a bit together and we are all quiet people who do not argue with each other. But it still looks rather tight for 3. So if I am sticking to my budget, but looking for a slightly bigger room, the other option for our dates is a standard at the Coronado Springs. But then no skyliner and not close to dining.

What do you think? Stick with Pop?

I have only stayed deluxe so I am actually trying to do this the less expensive route. (Past Poly, Contemporary, Saratoga Springs 2 bedroom)
Pop is going to seem very tight with 3 of you for 5 nights..especially compared to where you have stayed previously. Once you pull that second bed down there is not much floor space. I'd take a look at Caribbean if you want to be on the skyliner.

Since you have a car, I’d go with GDT in your situation. Spacious rooms, great food options, and you can always drive to a park if the bus situation is challenging (though it never has been for us). Enjoy your trip!

I’d stick with Pop for the savings and because you want to do the Skyliner.
Plus many deluxe people are pleasantly surprised by their first Value resort trip.
Put up the wall bed during the day and it will feel much more spacious.

Since you have a car, I’d go with GDT in your situation. Spacious rooms, great food options, and you can always drive to a park if the bus situation is challenging (though it never has been for us). Enjoy your trip!
We are actually not going to keep the car. I am going to drop it off as soon as I drop my stuff off. Its much cheaper just to uber around if I need to.

I don't know what GDT is?

Pop is going to seem very tight with 3 of you for 5 nights..especially compared to where you have stayed previously. Once you pull that second bed down there is not much floor space. I'd take a look at Caribbean if you want to be on the skyliner.
Its almost 500 more and I really would like to try to do it for less. Coronado Springs would be less than 200 for difference on our dates.

Gran Destino Tower at Coronado. Much pricier than Pop and the rest of the Coronado resort.
Ohhhh yeah, those are nice. They don't even have any of those on our dates. lol I am going during a busy time. Edit, just checked, because I had the page open. They have a standard but its 800 more than the Pop room, which defeats the purpose. (or club level which I am def not looking at right now)

I don't see the difference privacy-wise between one hotel room or another. The upgrade to a suite will costs a whole lot more. You could price out Art of Animation suites.

Our family has stayed at all 3 levels and we are a family of 4 that includes 2 teenagers and we just got back from POP and as usual we had a great time. If you need more room, then you can always raise the 2nd bed and this makes the room feel a lot bigger. I also do not understand why people "need" so much room, especially on a WDW trip when most of the time you are out doing stuff. Plus, the skyliner is a game changer and is great to have and, to us, much more important than 50 extra square feet of room space. But only you know you and your family, and whether or not you will be dwelling on room size after you get there.

I’d stick with Pop for the savings and because you want to do the Skyliner.
Plus many deluxe people are pleasantly surprised by their first Value resort trip.
Put up the wall bed during the day and it will feel much more spacious.
This is kind of what I am thinking, I have read that some people like deluxe or value and not so much moderate.

Its almost 500 more and I really would like to try to do it for less. Coronado Springs would be less than 200 for difference on our dates.
With that price difference I'd stick with Pop. I personally hate Caribbean (but suggested because of the skyliner). My wife and I did 3 nights at Pop over Labor Day Weekend. Other than a check-in issue, which wasn't their fault, it was not bad -- like you we typically only stay Deluxe (DVC).

Unless you plan on spending a lot of time in the room, I’d stick with Pop.

Our first foray into a value resort was Pop, and I was NOT excited at all to stay there, but it fit the budget.

Man- I was SO pleasantly surprised at how much we liked it! Theming was fun, QS was good, pool bar/pool was fun…

Just organize your all your stuff the first day so he room doesn’t get cluttered and store your suitcases under the beds to get them out of the way.

In say keep to the budget and stay with Pop!

We are a family that has no issues with being tight as we are usually on the run. Most Disney trips DH does not go but the last time he went that I booked a value resort he put his foot down - no more. If he is going we book moderate or deluxe if on property. :confused3

Our favorite moderate is CSR so if it's not much more ... depends on how big of a deal Skyliner is I guess.

This is kind of what I am thinking, I have read that some people like deluxe or value and not so much moderate.

Coronado is not comparable to the other mods though. Gran Destino is basically a deluxe resort at mod pricing. I’m def. a deluxe or bust person, and while POFQ was a one and done for me, I would stay at GDT any time. I honestly like it better than BC/YC but for the ability to walk to Epcot and HS.

Coronado is not comparable to the other mods though. Gran Destino is basically a deluxe resort at mod pricing. I’m def. a deluxe or bust person, and while POFQ was a one and done for me, I would stay at GDT any time. I honestly like it better than BC/YC but for the ability to walk to Epcot and HS.

We call Coronado the deluxe of moderates. Def above and beyond the moderate level, closer to a deluxe.

We call POFQ the values of the moderates, same high prices with more like value amenities.

We are a trio and have no issues staying at POP. It's our favorite value resort. Preferred rooms are close to the main pool, dining hall, busses and skyliner.

I would stick with Pop. You wanted this to be a cheaper trip. You and your son would have been using both beds was it just the 2 of you. It sounds like you know the 3 of you can handle one hotel room from past experience. Unless you can all stay super organized, it will feel like there is stuff all over the place - but remember that many families of four stay there all the time.

I'm about to do a trip with 3 of us for 5 nights at All-Star Movies - and we are all girls with STUFF. Gonna be messy and cramped - but it doesn't matter as we all know its a short trip and can cope with each other for that long (okay.. so we will have to ask for extra towels or that will be a mess for us!). Again - its just one of those trips where it's not the right time to spend more on a room.

I stayed at both. Pop Deluxe and Coronado Standard. There's really not a ton of difference in the room setup and space as far as what I experienced. Both had a modernly renovated feel to the rooms (albiet different styles - one is pop art style and the other is more southwestern vibe). My quick take is:

If you're focused on getting to Epcot and Hollywood Studios with ease then Pop for skyliner (although CSR bus service was just fine).

If you're focused on price, I'm guessing Pop is cheaper.

If you plan to eat on property it's Coronado all the way! They have more F&B and it's good food especially Three Bridges Bar and Grill and Toledo.

While perhaps not as cheap as Pop I'd say CSR is a great value for the $ and still fair price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter