Pop or Dolphin?

If prices are equal, and you have never been to Disneyworld before, do you book Pop or Dolphin? I am so torn on which hotel to book. It will be me and 2 teenagers.

Swolphin is still not Disney, so there is something missing about the magic.

I think it depends how many times do you think you will be going to Disney World.

If this is a once in a lifetime trip then maybe Swolphin is better since it's a higher level of hotel and in a better location.

But if you anticipate going maybe again, then starting lower at Pop might be good. It has the Skylilner and especially for kids, the cafeteria at night is kind of cool because you see other kids and teens so it has a summer camp, school field trip type feel that the teens may like.

Also alot of kids congregate at the pool so that's another place for them to hang out.

Whereas Swolphin would be more parents and rich people and adults and families so you don't have that same atmosphere or gathering place for your kids.

I think as a kid I would have preferred Pop alot more than Swolphin.

It says this on Disney's site about the Dolphin:
Disney Bus Transportation

Complimentary bus transportation to and from Disney theme parks and water parks is available.

Is that not true right now?
There is complimentary bus transportation to the parks, it’s just not provided by Disney. I’ve read that it uses the big Mears buses and drops off in the area where offsite shuttles and charter buses drop off, not at the Disney bus stops as before. That wouldn’t make much difference at the parks except for MK, where it’s the difference between being dropped off at the TTC and having to monorail/ferry across the lagoon vs at the MK entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter