POP or POFQ -- Help me decide please

Robin1220

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I will be traveling on December 12th, 2020 - December 20th, 2020. It will be me, hubby, daughter and her boyfriend in one room and my parents in another room. We typically stay at POFQ but was thinking about possibly switching to POP for this trip based on pricing and and the skyliner. I'm really struggling with this decision and could you use any input and opinions that you have.

Thank you! :)

I've never stayed at POP, but I just love POFQ so much. The theming is wonderful and I love how small the resort is. I've always had good food at the quick service. It's nice to not have to walk all over the place to get to anything. The boat to Disney Springs is also a huge plus and expands dining options, along with the Festival of Trees there that time of year.

How are your parents with walking a lot, after walking all day at the parks? Something to consider.

I've never stayed at POP, but I just love POFQ so much. The theming is wonderful and I love how small the resort is. I've always had good food at the quick service. It's nice to not have to walk all over the place to get to anything. The boat to Disney Springs is also a huge plus and expands dining options, along with the Festival of Trees there that time of year.

How are your parents with walking a lot, after walking all day at the parks? Something to consider.

Thanks for your input. Yes, I do love POFQ I was just thinking of maybe changing it up a bit but not sure if I should or not. Having not stayed at POP before I'm not sure how I would feel about going from POFQ to POP. My parents are in great shape (probably better than even I am) :laughing:

How about going to another moderate? I love both CSR and POR. Though to me CSR has a more adult feel to it. Love the new rooms too.
I want to try CSR at some point. Even the standard/non-tower rooms look great to me. The new dining options look interesting too.

We have stayed at both resorts. We just stayed at Pop last week and really liked it, which I did not anticipate prior to this trip. During the week Pop was not overly busy or loud. The only time I was bothered by the amount of people and the noise was on Saturday when a lot of people were checking in and out of the resort. The convenience of the Skyliner can't be beat and we found it to be our new favorite form of transportation. POFQ is my favorite moderate, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Pop again! Both resorts are great for different reasons!

We love the Pop! Stayed there the last two Summers and never found it loud. I wanted a Skyliner view so we requested and got upper floor building 3. It was great and saw Skyliner testing like I wanted. The pool was pretty calm as it wasn’t the main pool. We also like grabbing a snack at the AoA after park closing.

POFQ! POFQ! POFQ!

We have stayed at both and hands down no questions asked...go to POFQ! For that length of a trip, I would stay at a moderate.

You can always take the skyliner for a spin even if it doesn't go to your resort.

It will be so much more peaceful than Pop...and then there are the beignets!

I’ve stayed at both and pofq is one of our favorite resorts. We like pop but only if it’s a trip where we’re going to the parks nonstop. With 4 adults in one room, I would definitely pick pofq. You’ll have the boat to Disney springs there too and can use anything at POR. If you want to ride the skyliner you could take it from Hollywood studios to Epcot

I like POP, but don't love it. It's noisy in the preferred rooms, but much quieter near the lake. The pools are ok- nothing great, but good enough. The rooms are small for the price you pay.
If you can afford a moderate, I'd do it for sure.

POP rooms were really small and cramped when it was just myself, a 12 year old and 10 year old. We were there for two nights before moving to a larger resort, and my kids said that was about as much as they would want to stay in that space. I would not stay there for a week with four adults.

French Quarter is by far my favorite resort. You have the boat to Disney Springs so your not really limited on places to eat and everything is so compact at FQ and quiet. We would be staying there next trip but I made the mistake of taking the girls to AKL last trip and now they have informed me that they are deluxe girls. Sigh

We have stayed at both and are staying again at POFQ in February. For four in a room I would definitely do moderate. And while we really like Pop, we have had stays where there were large teen groups making it a bit noisy especially at night and hectic in the food court.

We finished up a split stay at POFQ and BLT a few weeks back. We loved POFQ. I dont think we could do POP or any other value. We were in building 5 right across from the pool, which was great for our kids. The resort is small and quaint where all buildings are close together so no long walks to anything within the resort. The boat to Disney Springs was nice. The bus stop situation at POFQ is excellent since there is only 1 stop vs. other resorts that have several. One last item, who could forget the Mickey Beignets from Sassagoula Floatworks (pro tip: order the bag of 6, they will get eaten!).

I agree that 4 adults in a value could feel a bit cramped. The rooms are a bit smaller than moderates. (260 vs 314 sq ft). POP is a nice value resort, but I would book three rooms for your party if I chose to stay there. (negates any savings, though)

If you are looking to try something new, I would suggest trying CBR - especially if you would like access to the Skyliner. The rooms there are slightly larger (340 sq ft) than those at POFQ, which would be nice for the 4 adults. This resort is beautiful, but, be aware, it does have multiple bus stops. If the larger resort size is an issue for you, you could book a preferred room in order to be close to everything and minimize walking.

How much time do you plan on spending at the resort? If you're just going to be there to sleep I'd go with Pop. If you want to spend time at the pool or hang out in the room, POFQ. I would totally want three rooms, though. Four adults sharing one bathroom for over a week would not be fun.

With 4 adults in one room I would stay at Pofq. You will be way too cramped at Pop. Especially for 10 days. Getting ready in the mornings and evenings in a very small space doesn’t spell vacay for me.

POFQ is very pretty, relaxing vibe, rooms are larger, it's right along the river with a boat taking you to Disney Springs, a good food court, hot tub for soaking in after those long days, evening entertainment at both POFQ and POR. And nothing is far away. It’s a small resort. And centrally located.

Last edited:
It depends on how much time you spend in the room. Pop rooms are smaller (especially for 4 adults) but if all you'll basically be doing there is sleeping and getting ready then you'd be just fine for the amount of $$ you would save.

If you like to spend time in the room POFQ would probably be preferrable.

We LOVE Pop and have stayed there over 20 times but the majority of times it's just 2 of us in the room which makes a difference too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter