Pop Skyliner

tguz

DIS Veteran
We stayed at the Pop Century for 10 nights (dec. 6 - dec. 15) and the skyliner was such a time saver! In the mornings, going to the parks, it was great. No waiting, basically get to the skyliner station and board in a minute or two. At park close, it was a lot more busy at the stations but the line went quick and we were back to Pop a LOT quicker than we were back in 2019 via bus.

I loved the Skyliner every time we used it, but it never shined more than at park closing. When I think of the terrible time we've had with buses after closing at every park, the five minutes we spent waiting to get on a Skyliner felt like a dream. I love any and all constant movers, whether a ride or in transport.

We just stayed at RR. It has so many nice aspects, and the SkyLiner is certainly one.
We never waited more than 3 minutes in either direction.

Really…we were staying at The Swan and walked past the Skyliner station outside the Epcot International Gateway after the park closed on two different occasions during our recent November trip. Both times, the line (appeared to us) to be quite long and growing as we passed. The Skyliner cars must load very quickly.

we love the skyliners! As mentioned above, even though the line outside epcot at park close looks so long heading back towards Beach club, they move super fast!

Really…we were staying at The Swan and walked past the Skyliner station outside the Epcot International Gateway after the park closed on two different occasions during our recent November trip. Both times, the line (appeared to us) to be quite long and growing as we passed. The Skyliner cars must load very quickly.
They do move constantly, they only stop for special handicap loading and it looked like they load in a separate section which then merges with the other Skyliners. They have this system down pat.

Last edited:
Absolutely. That line moves far quicker than any other transport line due to high capacity of the Skyliner cabins and constant moving of the line (sans the slowdowns for loading/unload handicap at RR but even that Disney keeps pretty short).

I love the Skyliner. One of the main reasons I stay at Pop.
I am looking up info on the Skyliner for our stay at AoA in August. What about the switch over at CBR? Were the lines really long in the morning trying to get to HS for rope drop?

I'd change my stay in August to Pop, but I've experienced the chaos that is them having to scramble busses when weather (or mechanical issues) crop up, and I'm afraid late August is asking for lots of thunderstorm downtime. Or am I overestimating the average thunderstorms then?

Were the lines really long in the morning trying to get to HS for rope drop?
I noticed that the lines from Pop/AoA were long, 1 hr prior to Skyliner opening. BUT once opened the line moved continuously. CBR guests got in the same line with Pop/AoA to Epcot/HS. We always got in line 90 minutes prior.

The line from RIV resort to parks would load about 1 car every 10 cars during Covid. But I wonder now that multiple groups can be in the same car, if that has changed.

Just got back from a week-long stay at Pop. I do really like the Skyliner - it is efficient and well-thought out. I don't know what the passenger capacity per hour is compared to the current bus system and other systems, but to me it felt like the best system to date. The only time we experience a long line was when we left after Harmonious at Epcot. Had around a 30 min wait to get on it then, but the monorail or bus system at MK after a closing fireworks show isn't any quicker, so I'd say the Skyliner did well in that department. All of our mornings were completely fine... we're not rope droppers, just average morning types. Leaving at end of day on other days were fine as well, as we left after closing down rides or leaving a bit early to get to a dinner. We didn't have any ride shutdowns due to weather (that we experienced).

My only complaint is that the skyliner needs to run just a bit longer at night. It currently goes to 10:30pm (if HS or Epcot are closing at 9pm). That doesn't help if you have a late reservation though. We had a dinner reservation at Topolinos at 8:50pm. We ate a normal pace and left when dinner was over (ie, we didn't linger for a long time at the table, or stay around looking around the grounds at the resort). We got out of dinner at ~10:45pm and found the station closed. The castmembers suggested we try the station at Caribbean Beach, so we walked down there... nope closed as well. Ended up having to call an Uber/Lyft.
Had another close call with a late Oga's reservation at HS. We got into Oga's at 9:20pm. By the time we got out and walk to the front of park, it was almost 10:30pm. We made it that time, but it was pretty close.

I know they have to do nightly maintenance on the cabs (rode with a castmember on his day off that does maintenance on the skyliner). But he even agreed they should run at least 2 hours after the parks close. If nothing else, those late dinner reservations need time to get people back to their hotel.

I am looking up info on the Skyliner for our stay at AoA in August. What about the switch over at CBR? Were the lines really long in the morning trying to get to HS for rope drop?
We rope dropped back in Dec 2021 for our 10 night stay (2 HS days and 3 EP days) and stayed at the POP. There was never a huge line at the skyliner station in the mornings. It was very efficient and we loved it.

I LOVE the skyliner. did a couple days at Pop Century in March and there was never a line. Last year I ran into long lines around park opening. Didn't try at closing in March.

I am a Beach Club Villas owner which is sort of a Skyliner resort, and I love having it there.

they should run at least 2 hours after the parks close. If nothing else, those late dinner reservations need time to get people back to their hotel.
I thought that they ran buses to those resorts after the Skyliner shut down for the night. Do you have any information on that?

The bus would be at the front of the park.
At DHS, the bus would be next to the Skyliner station, for transport after a late Oga’s ADR. I wonder whether that would have been available if OP had missed the Skyliner.

For a late Topolino’s, the issue is the same as for any resort to resort situation - once the park transportation has ended, the choice is bus to DS and transfer there vs. rideshare/taxi.

I thought that they ran buses to those resorts after the Skyliner shut down for the night. Do you have any information on that?
Disney transportation runs for 1.5 hours after official park close... applies to both buses and skyliner. So the same situation applies - if you have a late Oga's reservation at HS, you could potentially be left without transportation getting back to the resort.

Disney transportation runs for 1.5 hours after official park close... applies to both buses and skyliner. So the same situation applies - if you have a late Oga's reservation at HS, you could potentially be left without transportation getting back to the resort.
Buses actually run until the park is completely clear of guests, whenever that is. They will make sure you get back to your resort. They know people have late reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter