Pop Tarts

I can't remember the last time I had a pop tart. Loved them in the 1960's, back when they seemed to have a whole lot more filling. Now the filling seems more like a coloring than a filling. Strawberry was the best. I preferred Toast'ems, which came out a few years before Pop Tarts.

Remember having them for breakfast as a kid. Don't eat them anymore, seem more like junk food then any sort of healthy breakfast option.

I was never a Pop Tart fan. :confused3

If we are going the sweet route for breakfast or snack, I was headed straight for Lucky Charms, Fruity Pebbles, or Coco Puffs.

I just bought some this week, the strawberry and the brown sugar. They were out of the fudge ones. They discontinued my favorite flavor - chocolate chip cookie dough. Those were so good!

I don’t eat them for breakfast though, as I feel better starting my day with protein. I have them around for when I get a craving for a sweet snack.

I was headed straight for Lucky Charms, Fruity Pebbles, or Coco Puffs.
With or without milk? If with milk, is milk added to bowl before or after cereal is poured into bowl? ::duck: :laughing:

I do have a Pop Tart (or similar), if we have the grandkids with on a vacation. I'll sneak a few over the days.

Cherry and Chocolate Fudge are my favorites.
I keep them around for snacks, DH likes them for work.
We don't eat them every day - maybe once a week.

Toast Em's are now my favorite, tho.
They are way cheaper than Pop Tarts & they are filled/frosted with more!

I tried a pop tart for the first time about a month ago. I could not believe how small and puny they were. I remember them being huge when I was younger. Now they’re mostly just the dry pastry with a smear of icing and even less filling. Very underwhelmed.

I liked the chocolate ones the best when I was younger but not so much now.

But for the love of all things not good for you, loaded with more sugar than even the Pillsbury Dough Boy could handle...why can't they frost the entire Pop Tart?!?!

I would be more than happy to pay an extra dollar to have it completely frosted.....

I haven't had one in a long time, but I used to like them as a kid, and bought them for my DS occasionally when he was younger as well. My favorites were Chocolate and Cherry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter