Pop vs. Coronado. Which would you choose?

You may still need to do that when it goes down for weather, which it will during the summer storm season. But maybe they'll send you to a Crescent Lake resort for a bus. There's no set procedure for it, which is the problem, as is the lack of communication. Don't get me wrong, the Skyliner's a fantastic mode of transportation when it's working, but when it's not...lol. Having seen an absolute clown show back in 2019 when it had been down for hours at the end of the night on a Saturday during F&W, and lesser fiascos literally every time I've been to Epcot in the summer since it came online, I would never stay at a Skyliner resort. Not until Disney gets it together and has some kind of standardized contingency plan for Skyliner resort guests.

Re: the OP I thought about Pop once or twice but ended up booking CSR instead. By every metric besides transportation and price it's a better resort imo.
I guess I've gotten lucky with weather because I've gone twice a year for the last 3 years, and the skyliner was never down during any of my trips. I only go in spring and fall though to avoid the summer heat.

I love both and stay at Pop and the values often but... CSR has beautiful upscale theming and has the feel of a deluxe resort. Pop feels hectic to me... and loud - outside the rooms, and I don't get that at CSR. I haven't been since the tower was done at CSR but going back this week and can't wait to see it. Both are great resorts and you can't go wrong with either I think!

I agree with @hotblooded. I wouldn’t take a free upgrade to Coranado from any of the values. It's a huge resort and you could end up with long outdoor walks after the extra bus stops. Also, as far as food options I much prefer Pop’s food court. The Coranado food court did not impress and Rix is the worst meal I’ve ever had on property. What Coranado does have going for it is Three Bridges. That place is amazing, but not enough for me to ever stay there again.
I agree with this.
However, I would take an upgrade to CSR since I like to workout and they have a fitness center. That's really what I'd be mulling over.
Either is going to be a great selection though! Enjoy your trip!

100% Pop. The Skyliner is a huge plus for us. It would take a lot for us to not stay at Pop, it has become our home.

As others have said, with the stroller Skyliner is a game changer. I’d go with Pop.

We’re currently booked at Pop for next week. We’ve been looking to (possibly) upgrade and a standard room at Coronado (Non-tower) is only ~138 more than what we’re currently paying for POP.

Here are some things we’re considering.

1) Skyliner - we’ve never used it before, but many rave about it so we figured it’d be worth it.

2) We have a toddler (under 2) traveling with us so transportation is important.

3) we have a toddler who naps in the afternoon so noise level is a factor.

4) POP also has a walkway to AoA so more food options.

5) Coronado has better quality food?

Basically, we cannot decide whether we should make the switch. The money is negligable at this point, so we really would prefer something that fits our needs the best.

If you were in our shoes, which would you choose?
Stay at Pop..
especially with a 2 year old. Transportation is much better and for 2 of the parks you can just roll your stroller right on the skyliner. - So much better than breaking everything down. Also makes breaks a lot easier and faster.

We’re currently booked at Pop for next week. We’ve been looking to (possibly) upgrade and a standard room at Coronado (Non-tower) is only ~138 more than what we’re currently paying for POP.

Here are some things we’re considering.

1) Skyliner - we’ve never used it before, but many rave about it so we figured it’d be worth it.

2) We have a toddler (under 2) traveling with us so transportation is important.

3) we have a toddler who naps in the afternoon so noise level is a factor.

4) POP also has a walkway to AoA so more food options.

5) Coronado has better quality food?

Basically, we cannot decide whether we should make the switch. The money is negligable at this point, so we really would prefer something that fits our needs the best.

If you were in our shoes, which would you choose?
Curious to hear what the OP decided and how it worked out!

We loved CSR, but we will stay at Pop from now on. The skyliner is a huge bonus. We also have been able to hop on an AoA bus at night if the Pop line is too long. After sampling several resorts over the years, Pop keeps calling us back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter