POP vs Shades… transportation or Evening hours?

PartyOfSe7en

Mouseketeer
We have stayed at Shades of Green many times, but not since the walk way to Poly closed. We have never relied on Shades transport, especially for rope drop since they don’t start as early as we would like.

The decision comes down to comparing Disney transportation and Skyliner access at POP to the Extended evening hours that Shades qualifies you for. Shades rooms are bigger, the pool is nice with a slide and less crowded. POP will allow for a nice resort day too as my kids like to pin trade at resorts and the other resorts accessible by the Skyliner are nice for that. We are only staying from Sunday to Saturday this trip with 4 park days.

2 rooms, 5 kids ages 16 to 5. Price is similar between resorts.

input welcome

We have stayed at Shades of Green many times, but not since the walk way to Poly closed. We have never relied on Shades transport, especially for rope drop since they don’t start as early as we would like.

The decision comes down to comparing Disney transportation and Skyliner access at POP to the Extended evening hours that Shades qualifies you for. Shades rooms are bigger, the pool is nice with a slide and less crowded. POP will allow for a nice resort day too as my kids like to pin trade at resorts and the other resorts accessible by the Skyliner are nice for that. We are only staying from Sunday to Saturday this trip with 4 park days.

2 rooms, 5 kids ages 16 to 5. Price is similar between resorts.

input welcome
We'd def. do Pop. We've done both and even with the walkway open (which we used a TON), we left knowing we would rather stay at All Stars or Pop over Shades again. It was fine, but it was missing A Lot for us. On top of that the transportation was kinda terrible and it was super annoying to have to keep pulling my id out and really carrying it at all. It just wasn't for us.

We'd def. do Pop. We've done both and even with the walkway open (which we used a TON), we left knowing we would rather stay at All Stars or Pop over Shades again. It was fine, but it was missing A Lot for us. On top of that the transportation was kinda terrible and it was super annoying to have to keep pulling my id out and really carrying it at all. It just wasn't for us
We absolutely loved Shades in past stays. But the inability to easily access dining at Poly, GF, and Contemporary and having to deal with the less than great Shades transport is really making it a hard call for us. Our favorite perks are gone. We loved walking home all the way from MK on nice days, and as a runner I loved my options. The Deluxe Hours are a big draw though. Glad to hear you liked Pop. May be time for us to try something new. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter